Mastered Ultra Instinct [Spoiler Discussion Thread]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

snpaa
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Mastered Ultra Instinct [Spoiler Discussion Thread]

Post by snpaa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:38 am

MEME Magic wins again.

But seriously , I love how people called it months ago that super saiyan white would be a thing and I truly believed it was going to happen, now the only color left for them to do is super saiyan purple . You just gotta love the amount effort that toriyama puts into these designs it's just enough to keep the super fans happy, it's the equivalent of jingling keys in front of a baby, endless eazy entertainment .

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:44 am

Can’t believe I defended this series for 3 years. Just end already, I didn’t think the end could get any worse.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:47 am

Drellz26 wrote:Can’t believe I defended this series for 3 years. Just end already, I didn’t think the end could get any worse.
It's pretty lit, fam.
Feels over Reals.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:53 am

Lol. Thank the heavens Toei/Toyatoro fixed that lazy Toriyama skinny recolor nonsense. The final design aint the greatest thing ever but it's miles better than the OG sketch...

lord turbo
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord turbo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:01 pm

snpaa wrote:MEME Magic wins again.

But seriously , I love how people called it months ago that super saiyan white would be a thing and I truly believed it was going to happen, now the only color left for them to do is super saiyan purple . You just gotta love the amount effort that toriyama puts into these designs it's just enough to keep the super fans happy, it's the equivalent of jingling keys in front of a baby, endless eazy entertainment .
We still have ss brown, purple, and orange left. If Toriyama wants to get "creative" he can just "homage" Hyper Sonic and make ss rainbow.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:02 pm

lord turbo wrote:

We still have ss brown, purple, and orange left. If Toriyama wants to get "creative" he can just "homage" Hyper Sonic and make ss rainbow.
Don't forget SS Bald! The ultimate form!

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Basaku wrote:
lord turbo wrote:

Don't forget SS Bald! The ultimate form!
Lo and behold, Jiren was actually a SS Bald the whole time! :lol:

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Well, considering that Goku will possibly be on par or stronger than Jiren, i'm ok with that. Looks more reasonable, and for the different hair colour, i can treat is as a NEW transformation.

But on the other side... Goku achieving 2 "transformations" in 25 minutes, and having giant asspulls... maybe will make me hate Goku more than i hate Z's Gohan.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:15 pm

Interesting that Toriyama's design of the form is so different. Goku's hair doesn't stand up at all and it retains a slimmer body frame, making it much more similar to Super Saiyan God in appearance.

Personally, while I love SSG, I'm glad they changed it a bit for the anime since otherwise it would be... well, just a pallette-swapped SSG. Having the hair stand up halfway definitely helps to distinguish it from the other forms I think.
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: What do you guys suppose the explanation will be?
I honestly don't believe the explanation will be anything more than "Ultra Instinct, but mastered". You know how these things go. If it was some variation of Super Saiyan it probably would have been indicated in the name.

MegaBossMan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MegaBossMan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Thank you for your respectful contribution to the topic. It's comments phrased like this that lack a sense of pretentious vibe that really bring the Dragon Ball community together as a whole.
By jove, I've got nothing important to say!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:30 pm

I think that it's still a bit too early for Goku to master Ultra Instinct. That being said, with Goku being a martial arts genius, I guess it's fine. I also have to give the anime staff credit for spicing up the form and making it much more distinct in the anime. Toriyama's illustration of Mastered Ultra Inistic is a literal recolour of his design of Super Saiyan God, and I find that very disappointing.

snpaa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by snpaa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:02 pm

MegaBossMan wrote:

Thank you for your respectful contribution to the topic. It's comments phrased like this that lack a sense of pretentious vibe that really bring the Dragon Ball community together as a whole.
You're welcome and thank you for your reply to the thread topic , you've really painted a picture with your words about how you felt about goku's complete ultra instinct design you've made me see a whole new perspective. Comments like this show me how multidimensional and complex even the seemingly smallest addition in the dragon ball universe really is. But I have one question do you think the charka theory still holds weight? Because from what I can tell from the chakra chart the color white doesn't represent any of the energy centers.
Last edited by snpaa on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Hopefully the very best of Super's animators are going to show us that Mastered Ultra Instinct in glorious fashion.

Do we know if Takahashi or Shida are back for the final episodes?

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:09 pm

I was already sour on Super and the ToP arc but I’ve been enjoying the UI stuff and the design itself. I’m very disappointed by this.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:30 pm

thegamer23 wrote:Image
This rendition looks awesome. I like the fuller spikier hair

There's no doubt in my mind Goku's new mastered UI form is going to look balls out amazing when animated with the aura and everything else coming together. I'm so hyped.

Here are some more tidbits I've gathered

Goku has the same hair color as the Angels now. Son Goku is approaching the lower tier of that angel level: )

"White is associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity. It is considered to be the color of perfection. White means safety, purity, and cleanliness."

White also has significant meanings in Japan

This is Goku's ultimate and most powerful form. And the coloring couldn't have been chosen better.

This represents a wise, graceful, master level Goku.

So hyped. Let's go Son Goku baby!!!

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:35 pm

HO MY GOD!

not another stupid re-color bullshit. I'm sick of it

glad super is fucking ending. this is a godamm circus

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:36 pm

^ btw, some of the attacks being shown look very interesting. Is MUI Goku holding up a lightning bolt in one of those?

I wonder if we see any of these attacks vs Jiren: )

Imagine a perfect UI kamahamaha?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:46 pm

A still image of the form without the aura usually never looks that great. Half what makes these forms look cool is the aura.

The original Ultra Instinct looks lousy when you see the same kind of image.

MegaBossMan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MegaBossMan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:50 pm

snpaa wrote:
MegaBossMan wrote:

You're welcome and thank you for your reply to the thread topic , you've really painted a picture with your words about how you felt about goku's complete ultra instinct design you've made me see a whole new perspective. Comments like this show me how multidimensional and complex even the seemingly smallest addition in the dragon ball universe really is. But I have one question do you think the charka theory still holds weight? Because from what I can tell from the chakra chart the color white doesn't represent any of the energy centers.
I'm glad I was able to enlighten you with a sense of what Toriyama was really aiming to get at with the change of the Silver hair of the so-called "Ultra Instinct" form (or as a real Dragon Ball afficiando would refer to it as, Migatte no Gokui). However, I don't personally agree with the Chakra theories that have been often touched upon in the community; it's a well-known fact that Toriyama does not particularly watch Naruto. Instead, my personal belief is that the silver hair ACTUALLY comes from the Elizabethan belief of the 4 humors.

Obviously, since everyone knows of the 4 liquids that the human body is composed of from this theory, Toriyama has creatively invented a new perspective on this biological theory; he has given us a fifth fluid in the form of "S-Cells", and thus THAT is why Ultra Instinct has silver hair! Amazing, right?

This has been foreshadowed all along with Goku's demeanor too; he's so calm because he's been given the fluid personality of the Melancholic humor, ala the character of Hamlet. It's crazy! And there's certainly no telling where Goku's personality will go next! But what do you think? Do you agree? Or do you disagree? Tell me in the comments below!
By jove, I've got nothing important to say!

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:52 pm

RedHeat wrote:
Drellz26 wrote:Can’t believe I defended this series for 3 years. Just end already, I didn’t think the end could get any worse.
It's pretty lit, fam.
Yep. I like it a lot. I can't wait to see it in action. Gonna be so hype. Son Goku baby!

I'm surprised that so called Dragon Ball fans who watch Super weekly who post on forums about it, are always so negative, and always shitting on most things

It honestly perplexes me. Just stop watching it then.

I get having a critical point of view. I have many myself.

But stuff like, "Thrash. The series need to die now. More stupid recolor bullshit. Awful"...yeah that's not criticism. That's straight up trolling/hate. I thought posts like that weren't allowed? The negativity is honestly getting annoying.
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.