Goku Black and Jiren

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Goku Black and Jiren

Post by 8bitdee » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:08 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Well it’s easy, jiren wasn’t though of by the author yet. Of course they wouldn’t do anything the strongest mortal in the multiverse, so thinking of a logical explanation is probably not the best thing to do. Of course the alternate time line works well, but is just head canon

THIS.

I can't believe how long it takes people to realize things like this. Zamasu carrying out his plan without any problem in a DB world where Jiren exists makes sense simply because Toriyama probably hadn't even come up with the concept of Jiren. You guys gotta remember that Toriyama comes up with shit as he goes along. He may not be writing the manga, but he most likely came up with each arc for Super at a time. Meaning that he probably didn't even think of Jiren until it was time to start writing the concepts for the ToP and a way to make Goku go UI.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:02 am

8bitdee wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Well it’s easy, jiren wasn’t though of by the author yet. Of course they wouldn’t do anything the strongest mortal in the multiverse, so thinking of a logical explanation is probably not the best thing to do. Of course the alternate time line works well, but is just head canon

THIS.

I can't believe how long it takes people to realize things like this. Zamasu carrying out his plan without any problem in a DB world where Jiren exists makes sense simply because Toriyama probably hadn't even come up with the concept of Jiren. You guys gotta remember that Toriyama comes up with shit as he goes along. He may not be writing the manga, but he most likely came up with each arc for Super at a time. Meaning that he probably didn't even think of Jiren until it was time to start writing the concepts for the ToP and a way to make Goku go UI.
Yes, but it is so easily explainable in-universe why Jiren didn't interfere with Zamasu's plan, I don't know why all of you make such a big deal about it.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:11 am

Jiren didn't even exist in Toriyama's head when the Future Trunks arc was finished.