Reactions to Son Goku's emotional epiphany+Omen awakening

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Reactions to Son Goku's emotional epiphany+Omen awakening

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:27 am

Came across this and just wanted to share this with you guys. Its a fun watch. Enjoy

Https://youtu.be/806izpWB_pc

I like how right before Goku's emotional epiphany (thinking about everyone on the universe 7 team who is putting all their trust and hope onto his shoulders) It collectively gets quiet for a second. Thats how powerful that scene was.

"Oh wow, whats that music playing" lol. Music was amazing and really drove home the emotion of that scene ten fold.

Look how everyone starts losing it when Omen Goku lands that devestating counter hook to the body

Cheers of "Goku" and "yes"

I'm cheering alongside them!

Pretty awesome to see. Goku is such a iconic character. The character of Goku has tranacended into American pop culture, let alone in Japan. Son Goku!!! Goku is a cultural icon globally. People are going to lose their minds when Goku transforms into mastered UI
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: Reactions to Son Goku's emotional epiphany+Omen awakening

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:14 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Came across this and just wanted to share this with you guys. Its a fun watch. Enjoy

I like how right before Goku's emotional epiphany (thinking about everyone on the universe 7 team who is putting all their trust and hope onto his shoulders) It collectively gets quiet for a second. Thats how powerful that scene was.

"Oh wow, whats that music playing" lol. Music was amazing and really drove home the emotion of that scene ten fold.

Look how everyone starts losing it when Omen Goku lands that devestating counter hook to the body

You could hear cheers of "Goku" and "yes"

Pretty awesome to see. Goku is like a cultural icon. People are going to lose their minds when Goku transforms into mastered UI
So much so, he, along with a few others like Sailor Moon, are Japan's mascots for their upcoming Olympics.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:40 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Came across this and just wanted to share this with you guys. Its a fun watch. Enjoy

Pretty awesome to see. Goku is like a cultural icon. People are going to lose their minds when Goku transforms into mastered UI
So much so, he, along with a few others like Sailor Moon, are Japan's mascots for their upcoming Olympics.
Imagine if Goku gets introduced via the ultimate battle theme like a live concert setting?

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:00 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:

That is one Major reason why the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo are going to be So Major IMO, Tokyo like many other countries like London have a chance to show the world how Far Japan and the Japaneses people have come in the world since the last time they hosted the Olympics.

In this case Japan has become not only a Technological Powerhouse, but more impressively Japan's contributions to the Media and Pop Culture Landscape while spreading their Unique Culture and History threw these media outlets is More ENORMOUS then can ever be given true credit for! Japan has changed the world with its Anime, Movie, Manga and Video Game Icons and Styles that have change the face of the media industry!

The last 20-30 years has been on the Levels of Japanese Invasion of the World in Pop Culture and Media like the British Invasion was with Music/Rock from the 1960-1980s!

So for Japan to embrace their Anime/Manga Icons to Mascots/Ambassadors to the Olympics like Goku, Sailor Moon, Astro Boy, Luffy, Naruto and Precure shows they are embracing their culture icons/Japan's Superhero Icons as their countries Fictional Champions that showcase Japan's contributions to the world of Pop Culture and Media! :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 8bitdee » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:19 am

I still think it was weird as hell to have Frieza cross Goku's mind saying "Son Goku-san." As if Frieza would be cheering on Goku with such earnest :lol:

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:25 am

Pretty much expected. We all seen this type of situation before and knew it was coming.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:57 am

8bitdee wrote:I still think it was weird as hell to have Frieza cross Goku's mind saying "Son Goku-san." As if Frieza would be cheering on Goku with such earnest :lol:
There were just showing every fighter of U7.

I feel to illustrate how Goku is the last hope of all of universe 7

If you want to get technical though; ) Why wouldnt Freeza cheer Goku on to beat Jiren? If Goku losses, Frieza stands no chance against Jiren. If universe 7 losses, Frieza knows he will get erased too. Frieza is smart

I feel they have been hyping up a Frieza "betrayel" to get you to expect that, so that if Frieza plays a hand in helping Goku beat Jiren its shocking

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Miracles wrote:Pretty much expected. We all seen this type of situation before and knew it was coming.
What do you mean?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:48 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Miracles wrote:Pretty much expected. We all seen this type of situation before and knew it was coming.
What do you mean?
You haven't seen Goku get a power up to an emotional moment before?

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:46 pm

Miracles wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
What do you mean?
You haven't seen Goku get a power up to an emotional moment before?
Oh of course. But it was done so well here. It was amazing. The music playing was amazing. Note the reactions. I love the reactions. That's more so what's it about