Vegeta's power in comparison to Goku (possible spoilers)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Vegeta's power in comparison to Goku (possible spoilers)

Post by Mercenary » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:49 am

Do you think is it possible anymore for Vegeta to catch-up to Goku?

I mean, his new limit-breaking form is kinda cool but let's be honest - it's nowhere near UI, not to mention Mastered UI power.

In that case, do you think Vegeta will follow his own path like he's said or he will just try to master UI as well?

Because this whole talking about not caring about UI was simply (in my opinion) because of not being able to attain it.

Ultra Instinct was something he was aiming for since the very first trainings with Whis and Goku.

In the manga The Oracle Fish said that Goku & Vegeta will be Beerus greatest rivals, so Vegeta shouldn't be THAT much behind Goku in terms of power.

I am curious how Toriyama will handle it and if they show us UI Vegeta in the very end of DBS or second fiddle will be just second fiddle.

Your thoughts?
Last edited by Mercenary on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Vegeta's power in comparison to Goku (possible spoilers)

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:06 am

Ofcourse Vegeta will attain and master UI at some point in the future. It may even be in the next arc (Yes yes i know, Dragon Ball Super is supposedly ending) but do people really believe that?

Anyways. Ofcourse Vegeta will need to attain and master Ultra Instinct if he is to ever catch up to Goku. Without it, he is literally lost, no matter how powerful beyond Blue Vegeta gets. UI will always be the superior transformation. So to that end, Vegeta MUST achieve it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:08 am

As of now Vegeta is on Goku's Blue 20×KK level and with Goku at this point not being able to use UI whenever he wants, that's not a bad deal as BKK×20 is Goku's main power for 80-90% of the time.

In terms of Vegeta getting UI, it could happen in the movie to market a "new" form without introducing one or when the anime returns in 2019. Either way, as long as DB continues Vegeta will keep up with Goku as he's the 2nd main character so there's nothing to worry about.

Another thing is that Toyotarou could give him Omen if he gives it to Goku in the manga as he's went out of his way to keep them on the same level compared to Toei.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:49 pm

sintzu wrote:As of now Vegeta is on Goku's Blue 20×KK level and with Goku at this point not being able to use UI whenever he wants, that's not a bad deal as BKK×20 is Goku's main power for 80-90% of the time.

In terms of Vegeta getting UI, it could happen in the movie to market a "new" form without introducing one or when the anime returns in 2019. Either way, as long as DB continues Vegeta will keep up with Goku as he's the 2nd main character so there's nothing to worry about.

Another thing is that Toyotarou could give him Omen if he gives it to Goku in the manga as he's went out of his way to keep them on the same level compared to Toei.
Yeah, I think you've marked a good point. Toei created an "artificial" power gap because of letting Goku stack Kaioken on the top of SSB.

Toyotaro gave different excuse why Vegeta had lost to Hit and because of that it didn't downgrade Vegeta that much (and didn't make Hit look so powerful on the other hand).

I wish we could see UI Vegeta as well.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:03 pm

Assuming a new series comes, Vegeta will catch up, he always has.

Goku had super saiyan and Vegeta didn't but Vegeta got it and temporarily passed Goku
Goku had super saiyan 3 while Vegeta only had ss2 but in BoG , vegeta passed up goku when bulma got slapped
Goku got ssg power while vegeta didn't have it, he went and trained with whis for 6+ months and reached that level
Vegeta got the mssb form in manga while training after the black arc and is now atleast equal to goku in power
Vegeta new form at the very least completely closed the kaioken gap

He's not destined to permenantly pass up goku but he's not gonna get left in the dust either

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Mercenary wrote:Do you think is it possible anymore for Vegeta to catch-up to Goku?

I mean, his new limit-breaking form is kinda cool but let's be honest - it's nowhere near UI, not to mention Mastered UI power.

In that case, do you think Vegeta will follow his own path like he's said or he will just try to master UI as well?

Because this whole talking about not caring about UI was simply (in my opinion) because of not being able to attain it.

Ultra Instinct was something he was aiming for since the very first trainings with Whis and Goku.

In the manga The Oracle Fish said that Goku & Vegeta will be Beerus greatest rivals, so Vegeta shouldn't be THAT much behind Goku in terms of power.

I am curious how Toriyama will handle it and if they show us UI Vegeta in the very end of DBS or second fiddle will be just second fiddle.

Your thoughts?
I'm really hoping the trend of Vegeta walking his own path continues.

They can take a page out of Street Fighter's book and have them master different traits, as Goku and Vegeta are essentially the Ryu and Ken of Dragonball.

Vegeta will catch up somehiw though if the series continues in any way.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:07 pm

If Dragon Ball ever comes back aas an animated series, i think that nothing prevents Vegeta from attaining the UI and getting on par with Goku, as he trained with gods which also know about the UI and has it.

If DB comes back, i think that probably Vegeta will get the transformation out of screen (sadly) and it will apear as something natural and already mastered

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:14 am

Keep in mind that Vegeta's new form has only been refered to as "limit breaker form"

So theres still a possibility of an official SSB2 form for Vegeta

Maybe limit breaker to SSB2, will be like what Omen was to mastered UI for Goku

And personally I hated the whole rival plot - in that Goku and Vegeta being rivals IMO shouldnt mean "lets artificially make them equal at all times and shove that down your throat."

If we are being honest, Vegeta really shouldnt get UI IMO

Whis himself stated Vegeta is too tense. That blocks instinctual fighting. With Goku being an open minded martial arts master whos loose and fluid, UI fits Goku perfectly

Maybe Vegeta does get Omen, but Vegeta will need to change as a person, change his perspectives, and survive through an unusual event like Goku

I feel that IF Vegeta gets any forms of UI, it will likely be LATER into the new series (when Vegeta gets development and changes)

Like mentioned already, I however hope that Goku and Vegeta continue to stay on their own paths

Goku down the path of UI

Vegeta down the path of Blue. There could be a Blue2. A Blue3. Mastered variations of Blue2 and Blue3 etc.
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:24 am

Nope. The series is ending for good. And it really doesn’t matter if vegeta doesn’t catch up, cause there’s more to his character than just power.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 am

No. And super is ending, deal with it guys. Now we only have movies and oav.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:39 pm

Legion wrote:No. And super is ending, deal with it guys. Now we only have movies and oav.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Nope. The series is ending for good. And it really doesn’t matter if vegeta doesn’t catch up, cause there’s more to his character than just power.
Seeing people say "It's definetely over! is equally as annoying as the people who say "It will definetely come back!" . Just stop, nobody can predict the future
Get Fucked, C_unt

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Legion wrote:No. And super is ending, deal with it guys. Now we only have movies and oav.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Nope. The series is ending for good. And it really doesn’t matter if vegeta doesn’t catch up, cause there’s more to his character than just power.
Seeing people say "It's definetely over! is equally as annoying as the people who say "It will definetely come back!" . Just stop, nobody can predict the future
We can’t predict it, but sometimes we don’t have to when the future is stated (super ending).
And my point is that vegeta has more to his character other than power. I think that’s what matters

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:18 pm

He'll probably get UI in the next series.
I think I might start saving these kinds of posts for when the next series is announced. They said Super is ending and Dragon Ball is not, saying that "It's ending for good" is some made up bullshit. The end of Super does not mean the end of Dragon Ball and there is literally zero good reasons to believe that the franchise won't come back to TV.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:04 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:He'll probably get UI in the next series.
I think I might start saving these kinds of posts for when the next series is announced. They said Super is ending and Dragon Ball is not, saying that "It's ending for good" is some made up bullshit. The end of Super does not mean the end of Dragon Ball and there is literally zero good reasons to believe that the franchise won't come back to TV.
To be honest, I actually can’t see Vegeta getting UI given how it’s presented lately and everyone’s awe at Goku in 128. It feels kinda cheap if Vegeta gets it a few years later. I would rather Beerus masted it after seeing Goku surpassed him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:07 pm

HeroR wrote: To be honest, I actually can’t see Vegeta getting UI given how it’s presented lately and everyone’s awe at Goku in 128. It feels kinda cheap if Vegeta gets it a few years later. I would rather Beerus masted it after seeing Goku surpassed him.
This is the same series that made a huge deal about Super Saiyan being the greatest thing ever and some huge legend and one only appears once every so many years (I forget the number given) and then right after some rando kid showed up with the form and then Vegeta got it off screen right after that.
Beerus mastering it before Vegeta seems very possible though.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:08 pm

Doubt beerus will ever master it. He had millions of years to try. The only reason goku did it it’s because goku is an outlier, or in other words, the main character. Vegeta mastering it could be possible. Anyway we have heroes. If there is no UI vegeta in the anime, heroes will most likely give vegeta the form

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:17 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: This is the same series that made a huge deal about Super Saiyan being the greatest thing ever and some huge legend and one only appears once every so many years (I forget the number given) and then right after some rando kid showed up with the form and then Vegeta got it off screen right after that.
Beerus mastering it before Vegeta seems very possible though.
The big different here is that UI was foreshadowed back in Resurrection ‘F’ and it took Goku going into an incomplete form before he finally got it. Compared to Super Saiyan that wasn’t uttered until the Namek Saga and showed up in the same arc with Goku controlling it with no real issue, emotional impact aside.

UI has a different ‘weight’ about it and it appears Toriyama isn’t just going to hand it out. Which matches the current trend since only Goku got Super Saiyan God with Vegeta only getting it in the manga and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan are forms only given to Goku and Vegeta despite Vegeta saying Cabba could get it in the Champa Saga.

If Vegeta does get it, I feel it won’t be for a long time similar to Super Saiyan 4 in GT.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Doubt beerus will ever master it. He had millions of years to try. The only reason goku did it it’s because goku is an outlier, or in other words, the main character. Vegeta mastering it could be possible. Anyway we have heroes. If there is no UI vegeta in the anime, heroes will most likely give vegeta the form
Goku Mastered it because he worked for and it had a freak accident. Beerus most likely don't have UI because he’s a lazy SOB. Beerus sleeps for thousands of years at a time and throughout Super we never see him train. Just eat and bully people.
Kanassa wrote:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:27 pm

HeroR wrote:
The big different here is that UI was foreshadowed back in Resurrection ‘F’ and it took Goku going into an incomplete form before he finally got it. Compared to Super Saiyan that wasn’t uttered until the Namek Saga and showed up in the same arc with Goku controlling it with no real issue, emotional impact aside.

UI has a different ‘weight’ about it and it appears Toriyama isn’t just going to hand it out. Which matches the current trend since only Goku got Super Saiyan God with Vegeta only getting it in the manga and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan are forms only given to Goku and Vegeta despite Vegeta saying Cabba could get it in the Champa Saga.

If Vegeta does get it, I feel it won’t be for a long time similar to Super Saiyan 4 in GT.
Ehhh, maybe. Generally Toriyama has been keeping Vegeta on equal footing with Goku recently (the anime kinda messed with this by not giving Vegeta something to match Kaioken for a long time), but he could always get something else that makes him as strong as UI, but he has to manually dodge everything like when he dodged Jiren's punches. Maybe with that limitation Vegeta's own "thing" could be stronger than UI, but Goku is overall better due to his auto dodging and such. I can't see Vegeta being left in the dust for long, so I think he'll either get UI before too long or get something else to at least put him in that realm.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:44 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:[

Ehhh, maybe. Generally Toriyama has been keeping Vegeta on equal footing with Goku recently (the anime kinda messed with this by not giving Vegeta something to match Kaioken for a long time), but he could always get something else that makes him as strong as UI, but he has to manually dodge everything like when he dodged Jiren's punches. Maybe with that limitation Vegeta's own "thing" could be stronger than UI, but Goku is overall better due to his auto dodging and such. I can't see Vegeta being left in the dust for long, so I think he'll either get UI before too long or get something else to at least put him in that realm.
Except Toriyama allowed Toei to used Blue Kaioken, so he wasn’t that keen keeping them equal. Especially since both the anima and manga suggested that Goku for reasons was 10x stronger than Vegeta. The anime did this by making Goku stronger, while the manga weakened Vegeta with him losing 90% of his power. So in it was in the outline that Goku was stronger. There’s also the Future Trunks Saga where apperently, Goku soloed Merged Zamasu in Toriyama’s version. Overall, it seems like they’re equal, but not really.

Vegeta really just did a version of what Goku did to Hit. He observed and used what he saw to see through Jiren’s attacks. Can Vegeta get a form physically stronger than UI, it’s hard to say since we don’t know much about Goku’s form. Like why did it give him UI and turn his hair silver upon mastering it?

And the Dragon Ball manga ended with Vegeta being a form behind Goku and EOZ strongly implied he never bridged the gap. So I can see Toriyama basically doing the same thing. Overall, I see a Super Saiyan 4 situation. He may get UI, but it isn’t in the near future.
Kanassa wrote: