What happened to this version?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie

What happened to this version?

Post by 8bitdee » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:14 pm

When the trailer for the Universe survival arc first came out, these scenes played out but I just realized they were nowhere to be in neither the anime nor the manga.

Toyotaro tried to recreate it: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

but even then it's not the same. I thought that what we were looking at in that trailer were manga panels. Does anyone know if they were drawn by either Toriyama or Toyotaro as concept material, or just storyboards by the animation team?

It's kinda disappointing that we didn't get this, and it makes me wonder what other ideas they had that they didn't get to use.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What happened to this version?

Post by Asura » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:49 pm

I think it’s probably just because they didn’t want to reveal the designs for all the GoDs and Kais just yet in the promo material.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:32 am

Toyotaro drew it, then he changed it for the actual chapter. He drew the entire trailer because there wasn't any anime footage at the time.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:58 pm

I think there was a V Jump scan about the upcoming manga volume that included small shots of that trailer again. I guess the full drawings might end up as extras in the upcoming volume?