A reflection upon Freeza

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Deathbeam

A reflection upon Freeza

Post by Deathbeam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:03 am

Hi everyone! I am writing my first thread because I would like to ask you what do you think that will happen to Freeza in the end. To me (unfortunately since I am a big F's fan) it will be a predictable (lame) ending with a reminder to the namek's saga in DBZ. We already had other hints. Toppo's attack and Frieza's attempt to stop it, becoming its victim, were a clear reminder of the genkidama on Namek. The way Frieza emerged from that attack (one eye closed and lashing his tail, just like on Namek. The "you deserve to be killed by me" sentence before being stunned by Jiren (strange that Jiren didn't say "You Moron"). Paralysis and rock telekinesis attacks. What will happen next? Frieza will probably hide or stay unconscious till the very end. NOW, what I had HOPED was that Freeza would have started a sort of path towards a sort of "redemption" not meaning that he will become a good guy, but that he enjoyed the fighting experience so much that he would become a sort of a "frenemy" like the first Vegeta or Piccolo, an ambiguous and extremely powerful sparring partner for dbz fighters, constantly seeking for evolution and more power. However, the psycho reaction that the author gave him when retaliating against Toppo or Jiren (just check his facial expressions) clearly showed that the authors want to depict him as beyond redemption and also beyond sanity. What an incredible waste of talent and strategy skills. What I think that will happen. Mastered UI Goku will beat Jiren or there will be a double KO. In the first option, Frieza will attempt to throw Goku off the stage and be the sole victor. In the double KO case he will win being left alone on stage. The grand priest will evoke the divine dragon, Frieza will shout his wish of controlling the gods in NON-DIVINE language and that, of course will not be granted. But hearing that will get the Zenos or the gods angry and Frieza will be erased on the spot. The wish, then, will be passed to the 2nd in tier (presumably Goku, so maybe the "traison" option is the most likely to occour). And all this "repetition" of elements from the Namek saga for what? To show that "evil never learn from its mistakes and repeats them all over again". Lame and predictable. Seeing Freeza take his 2nd chance and become an ambiguous character always seeking for power and improvement and, at the same time, respected, feared and considered by the Z fighters would be unexpected and make ALL fans happy, probably even those who hate freeza. And would also mark the final evolution ( :) ) of the development of Freeza's character.
And you? What do you think about that?

emperior
I Live Here

Re: A reflection upon Freeza

Post by emperior » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:15 pm

I would like to see Goku getting the wish and later reviving Freeza with the Dragon Balls, so that Super ends with Freeza alive as he goes off to train to get stronger while he thinks up of a plan to rule on top of the Gods.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:55 pm

emperior wrote:I would like to see Goku getting the wish and later reviving Freeza with the Dragon Balls, so that Super ends with Freeza alive as he goes off to train to get stronger while he thinks up of a plan to rule on top of the Gods.
Honestly, I don't think that U7 team members will let him fo that, it's too dangerous. Who cares about keeping a promise when it will do more harm than good
Get Fucked, C_unt

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:21 pm

I could see it coming down to a Goku/Jiren double knock out, with Frieza remaining to the end, but the GP will remind everyone that the one who gets a wish is the MVP, not just who was left standing. It'll go to either Goku/Vegeta, Frieza will get furious and something will happen in that regard. I don't wanna say erasure because I like Frieza and don't want him to be gone forever.

Deathbeam

Post by Deathbeam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:11 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
emperior wrote:I would like to see Goku getting the wish and later reviving Freeza with the Dragon Balls, so that Super ends with Freeza alive as he goes off to train to get stronger while he thinks up of a plan to rule on top of the Gods.
Honestly, I don't think that U7 team members will let him fo that, it's too dangerous. Who cares about keeping a promise when it will do more harm than good
Goku always keep his word.
Even if this implies reviving a scourge like Frieza.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Deathbeam wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
I feel like Vegeta , Piccolo, or even Beerus, would al least try to stop him if Goku decides to use the wish to revive Freeza, because unlike him they at least have a bit of common sense. But who knows , maybe Goku will do it so quickly that no one has time to react.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Deathbeam

Post by Deathbeam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Deathbeam wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Honestly, I don't think that U7 team members will let him fo that, it's too dangerous. Who cares about keeping a promise when it will do more harm than good
I feel like Vegeta , Piccolo, or even Beerus, would al least try to stop him if Goku decides to use the wish to revive Freeza, because unlike him they at least have a bit of common sense. But who knows , maybe Goku will do it so quickly that no one has time to react.
Don't get me wrong.
The wish of the super dragon balls will be used, IMHO, to restore the erased universes.
Probably the series will not get us to see that, but it will become implicit that the earth's dragon balls will be used for freeza.
But, as I wrote in the main post, the ending, IMHO, will be different.
A damn shame, for freeza would be the perfect sparring partner.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:37 pm

Deathbeam wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Deathbeam wrote: Goku always keep his word.
Don't get me wrong.
The wish of the super dragon balls will be used, IMHO, to restore the erased universes.
Probably the series will not get us to see that, but it will become implicit that the earth's dragon balls will be used for freeza.
But, as I wrote in the main post, the ending, IMHO, will be different.
A damn shame, for freeza would be the perfect sparring partner.
I don't think it would be a good idea to spar with someone who wants to kill you. Anyway, if I was in Goku's shoes, I would just pretend to be honest about the promise he made to Frieza, and just let his time on Earth expire... But now that I think about it Goku tried to convince Krillin ,18 and 17 with promises and lies, so if he did that to his friends I don't see why he wouldn't to the same with a villain like Frieza
Get Fucked, C_unt

Deathbeam

Post by Deathbeam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Another king kai's joke?
I don't think so. Again, Frieza will try to get his wish in the end. He will fail and get punished for that.
In case this does not happen and he proves to be of help to get victory....maybe we will get another new fighter for next series.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Deathbeam wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Exactly. We're talking about the same man who married Chi-Chi just because he once promised to her as a kid, when he thought marriage was some kind of food.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical