Let’s pretend that Hit actually was hiding in a pocket dimension, how does this change the narrative?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Let’s pretend that Hit actually was hiding in a pocket dimension, how does this change the narrative?

Post by Asura » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:53 pm

It’s a pretty well known meme at this point that since the Zenos never hit Hit’s picture on the GodPad and he never talks once while on the stands, that people starting coming up with theories that Hit was hiding in a pocket dimension this whole time and it was only his clone in the stands. Let’s pretend the writing in this show was actually crazy enough to let this happen.

So two scenarios, you can answer one or both if you want

1) Hit hides in a pocket dimension after 111, he can come out any time he wants in this scenario during any of the episodes that follow, therefore rewriting the story

2) Hit hides in a pocket dimension after 111, but all the events up to (but not including) episode 128 still occur, this is when Hit decides to reveal himself (or he could reveal himself in a later episode)

And just for fun since we now have the same conspiracy with Android 17, if you want you could answer how he could be hiding out instead.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: Let’s pretend that Hit actually was hiding in a pocket dimension, how does this change the narrative?

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:10 pm

U6 Namekians get eliminated, Zeno is about to erase the Universe, but then HIT shows up, but he doesn't make it in time and gets erase because he belongs to U6, and we know that when Zeno wipes out a universe he doesn't leave anything behind
Get Fucked, C_unt

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Re: Let’s pretend that Hit actually was hiding in a pocket dimension, how does this change the narrative?

Post by OverHeaven » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:11 pm

Asura wrote:It’s a pretty well known meme at this point that since the Zenos never hit Hit’s picture on the GodPad
Didn't show it on screen =/= it didn't happen.

If we are assuming that Zenos just forgot to do it, universe 6 wouldn't have been erased since the erasure of a certain universe doesn't begin until all pictures turn black and that weird sound start.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
And even if we further assumed it just worked anyway cuz of shit writing and Zenos really forgot about it, how did Hit know that Zenos didn't hit it? and thought of that crazy plan without telling Champa.

Unless the cute innocent Zenos did it on purpose and agreed to do this plan with Hit beforehand it's impossible.

ok wait, what am I even saying. Discussing this stupid meme is weird lmao

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:45 am

The godpad is just a visual tool, it's not like the Zenos can't erase until all the pictures are black.

8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 8bitdee » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:30 am

Asura wrote: people starting coming up with theories
No they're not, they're just talking out of their asses. A theory is something that could actually make sense, not pulling at straws to try and come up with a "OMG"-type of revelation that would never happen.

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:42 am

8bitdee wrote:
No they're not, they're just talking out of their asses. A theory is something that could actually make sense, not pulling at straws to try and come up with a "OMG"-type of revelation that would never happen.
There are many things in Super that make no sense or aren’t explained, when the standard for writing is poor anything could happen.

8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 8bitdee » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:31 am

Asura wrote:
8bitdee wrote:
There are many things in Super that make no sense or aren’t explained, when the standard for writing is poor anything could happen.
Yes, anything can happen according to the feel set forth by the writing of the show. Dragonball has never been that type of show where a mind blowing twist happens to turn the plot on its head that changes the narrative into something unexpected. It isn't a Stein's Gate type of show, it's DragonBall, which has always been a simply structured series.

Things like "Hit is secretly hiding and will turn the narrative in a different direction at the end of the show by reappearing" is not consistent with the way this show is written. It isn't a theory, it's just wishful thinking for the series to be more than it is.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ernesth100 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:38 am

If we take liberties of assuming that Hit doesn't get erased regardless. Well...in that case, he'd still get eliminated. Time skips and his other techniques is not working on UI Goku, and it's definately not working on Jiren. It'd be a pointless effort for him to jump into the fray.

However what would be interesting is if Frieza's plot works and he wins, but the boom, Hit comes out and assassinates him, sending him right back to hell, but also getting himself erased for killing. Then Goku or Jiren wish back the universes lost as a thanks to Hit for coming in clutch.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:40 pm

Hit reappears just as the winner of the tournament is making their wish and steals it, wishing to become retroactively immune to Zeno's erasure power. Stable time loop.

Wait, nvm, this isn't Doctor Who where they would pull something like that. 8)
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Asura

Post by Asura » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:33 am

8bitdee wrote:
Asura wrote:
8bitdee wrote:
Yes, anything can happen according to the feel set forth by the writing of the show. Dragonball has never been that type of show where a mind blowing twist happens to turn the plot on its head that changes the narrative into something unexpected. It isn't a Stein's Gate type of show, it's DragonBall, which has always been a simply structured series.

Things like "Hit is secretly hiding and will turn the narrative in a different direction at the end of the show by reappearing" is not consistent with the way this show is written. It isn't a theory, it's just wishful thinking for the series to be more than it is.
Alright, no fun allowed I guess.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:45 am

There's always some people who will answer what-if questions like these by refusing to entertain the thought. :roll: Anyway, I have a pretty simple idea.
I think that if Hit really was hiding, he'd play a small role similar to Goku's during the Bojack movie. Hit would return from his hiding dimension during episode 128, save Goku from getting ringed out by launching a killing move at Jiren (which fails to kill him but does interrupt him), and then get caught by the fact that his universe has been erased and get erased himself, all of this allowing Goku to get the instant of time he needs to unlock UI again.
It's not a narratively "offensive" idea, at least I don't think so. It'd be a bit of a surprise, perhaps, but it'd only be a small scene. You can replace the scene where everyone yells Goku's name in episode 128 with this scene without too much trouble.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:24 am

Thing is people joke about that theory, but I feel like the main reason it came about was because Hit's elimination was so poorly written and he went out with only one elimination on a fodder character. People found it hard to believe or didn't want to believe that was all there was to him.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:26 am

TekTheNinja wrote:Thing is people joke about that theory, but I feel like the main reason it came about was because Hit's elimination was so poorly written and he went out with only one elimination on a fodder character. People found it hard to believe or didn't want to believe that was all there was to him.
Ah yes i am sure people find Hit losing to the strongest character on the top such a poor performance.
Surely its not another case of the db fandom being stupid like with Goten being Goku Black or anything.
And lets be real the reason you believe that is because you seem not to want to miss a chance to take a jab at super. :P

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:05 pm

Whatever wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:Thing is people joke about that theory, but I feel like the main reason it came about was because Hit's elimination was so poorly written and he went out with only one elimination on a fodder character. People found it hard to believe or didn't want to believe that was all there was to him.
Ah yes i am sure people find Hit losing to the strongest character on the top such a poor performance.
Surely its not another case of the db fandom being stupid like with Goten being Goku Black or anything.
And lets be real the reason you believe that is because you seem not to want to miss a chance to take a jab at super. :P
Don't bullshit me. Hit got one elimination (against someone I doubt most of you even remember the name of) in the whole tournament before (EXTREMELY PREDICTABLY) jobbing to Jiren. He also went out without leaving even a smidgen of real damage to him. That's it. You're lying to my goddamn face if you think that's a worthy performance for him in the slightest. He hardly did any better than even Tenshinhan. Who he lost to doesn't fucking matter when he still did almost nothing.

But no, we just gotta give Vegeta a thousand damn eliminations, don't we? :roll:

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:53 am

TekTheNinja wrote: Don't bullshit me. Hit got one elimination (against someone I doubt most of you even remember the name of) in the whole tournament before (EXTREMELY PREDICTABLY) jobbing to Jiren. He also went out without leaving even a smidgen of real damage to him. That's it. You're lying to my goddamn face if you think that's a worthy performance for him in the slightest. He hardly did any better than even Tenshinhan. Who he lost to doesn't fucking matter when he still did almost nothing.
He got 2 eliminations and the fact that you are even comparing it to Tienshinhan seems to me you are the one lying to my face.
Out of the 2 eliminations,Narirama was the one that was fodder,Kunshi was the 4th strongest of U11.
He is the one that got the closest to eliminate Jiren,it was one of the better jobbing moments in the show thats for sure.
And yes it does matter who he lost to,if he lost to a fodder he would be pathetic even if he took 20 fodder out.
But no, we just gotta give Vegeta a thousand damn eliminations, don't we? :roll:
While Vegeta got way more eliminations that he needed to get,most of the people will tell you it did not matter since they were all fodder.
And most of them will also tell you that the only elimination Vegeta had that mattered was Toppo.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:33 pm

Whatever wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: Don't bullshit me. Hit got one elimination (against someone I doubt most of you even remember the name of) in the whole tournament before (EXTREMELY PREDICTABLY) jobbing to Jiren. He also went out without leaving even a smidgen of real damage to him. That's it. You're lying to my goddamn face if you think that's a worthy performance for him in the slightest. He hardly did any better than even Tenshinhan. Who he lost to doesn't fucking matter when he still did almost nothing.
He got 2 eliminations and the fact that you are even comparing it to Tienshinhan seems to me you are the one lying to my face.
Out of the 2 eliminations,Narirama was the one that was fodder,Kunshi was the 4th strongest of U11.
He is the one that got the closest to eliminate Jiren,it was one of the better jobbing moments in the show thats for sure.
And yes it does matter who he lost to,if he lost to a fodder he would be pathetic even if he took 20 fodder out.
While Vegeta got way more eliminations that he needed to get,most of the people will tell you it did not matter since they were all fodder.
And most of them will also tell you that the only elimination Vegeta had that mattered was Toppo.
Kunshi was absolute fodder and Narirama's elimination was for forgettable that I actually quite literally forgot it happened. No it doesn't matter who he lost to. Anyone can lose to a strong guy. By that logic a saibaman getting destroyed by Jiren would make saibamen the coolest things ever. No. If you legitimately think Hit had a good showing there's something wrong with you.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:34 pm

TekTheNinja wrote: Kunshi was absolute fodder and Narirama's elimination was for forgettable that I actually quite literally forgot it happened.
But you did not forget that Vegeta eliminated a lot of fodder?It seems to me you only remember whichone suits your points.
No it doesn't matter who he lost to. Anyone can lose to a strong guy.

So losing to Narirama would be the same to losing to Jirren for example?Yeah sure.
By that logic a saibaman getting destroyed by Jiren would make saibamen the coolest things ever. No
If the saibaman fared as well as Hit did?You would be damn sure it would be.
If you legitimately think Hit had a good showing there's something wrong with you.
No surprise there(i think he had a decent/okish showing not good btw),that seems to be your go quote/behaviour whenever someone disagrees with you,nonetheless the bolded words would have some weight to them in regards to this topic if you did not have the tendency to misuse the world fodder.
Then again you are right there must be something wrong with me,since you also tried to rationalize the thought behind a stupid theory the fandom made to suit your points due to the bias you seem to have against dbs,so i should have seen this(the bolded part) coming.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:23 am

If he was hiding and wasn't eliminated, he could've been the one to hit Jiren with his guard down instead of Freeza in 127. Perhaps he could've used a new assassin technique and not care about the rules of being eliminated to land a clean blow on him. It wouldn't have worked because it's Jiren and only Goku's allowed to beat him, but it would've been really nice to see Hit do SOMETHING to Jiren since he got jobbed hard in the tournament early on.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:58 pm

Hit's final stand against Jiren was not impressive. Maybe if he had ANY lasting effects on Jiren it could have been but nope. Hit's strategy could have been the reason Jiren was out of commission for so long afterward, but no. Jiren just breaks time for some bullshit reason and is only out of commission because HE LITERALLY JUST SITS THERE AND MEDITATES. Wasted opportunity. Hit did nothing impressive.

Vegeta had a big difference. The most fodder eliminations out of everyone in the entire tournament, a big (dumb) elimination against Toppo and a last stand against Jiren. Also, he has already been a major character the whole damn series and didn't really need a big moment at all considering he's had several moments in the spotlight already, even dominating most of the universe 6 tournament. Compare that to Hit, who had one major fight in the Universe 6 arc that hyped up his future appearances for him using his full fatal power and techniques. But then when he actually appears he gets two fodder fights and a futile last stand that was predictable and one-sided. I shouldn't even have to explain why this is a problem. Most people, even Super fans, agree that Hit was shafted or wasted.

Saying I'm biased against Super is asinine. I could easily say you're just biased towards Super. This means nothing. No, I don't like Super, but that's because it does shit like this, not the other way around.

And the theory, still, was almost certainly thought up because people doubted they'd waste the most popular and hyped new character the way they did.