Any reason to why One Piece can show more blood than Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Any reason to why One Piece can show more blood than Super?

Post by shadd21 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Trying to understand why throughout Super’s run, blood was next to nonexistent, meanwhile One Piece to this day still shows blood despite being aimed at the same age group as DBS and(correct me if i’m wrong on this) airs around the same morning timeslot as Super

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Any reason to why One Piece can show more blood than Super?

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:19 am

I don't know the exact reason but one piece is actually quite and it does have censorship.On top of the head,Whitebeards head comes to mind.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:21 am

shadd21 wrote:Trying to understand why throughout Super’s run, blood was next to nonexistent, meanwhile One Piece to this day still shows blood despite being aimed at the same age group as DBS and(correct me if i’m wrong on this) airs around the same morning timeslot as Super
DBS is targeted towards children.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:49 am

Someone asked Shida on Twitter why DBS can't have blood and he said it is to do with new TV laws etc.

I guess since OP has literally been going on forever they're less strict on it but since DBS was new, guess they felt they had to enforce it, Kai did get tonned down too.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:33 pm

Can you imagine a hardcore dbs..now that would be an awesome show.

When I was a kid watching dbz when dodoria punched through a Namekians I was like ...ok that was brutal.

Later on I purchased the English version vhs and I was like what the flying hell am I watching! Stupid random sounds, no gore. Just terrible.

Now I just accept it.. I guess its for kids and I watch a kid show. Just great.

Goku786

Post by Goku786 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:27 pm

Although I do occasionally see blood in the Dragonball series, I have also noticed that One piece show it more. However DB has a lot more fighting in it, and it is also more aggressive.

Probably because one piece is a newer show and might be there for dramatic effect.
My Favorite Dragon Ball Merchandise Store, trust me, click here, <--- BEST Ultra Instinct Goku Designs!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:43 pm

Maybe One Piece getting to show blood was grandfather'd in, but since Super's technically a new show it doesn't get the same luxury.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:16 am

There could be 2 reasons :

1- One piece started in 1999 when things were more acceptable so with it being a show from back then as it never stopped, maybe these new laws don't apply to it somehow.

2- DB is a bigger franchise internationally so maybe they're worried about getting backlash from some countries so they decided to not bother with blood all together.

I think it has more to do with 2 as Kai was an older show yet it had a lot less blood than Z despite the blood already being animated and being nowhere near as bloody as One Piece's.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.