Anyone else hoping that episode 130 or 131 will be an hour long? (Or perhaps even both episodes)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Anyone else hoping that episode 130 or 131 will be an hour long? (Or perhaps even both episodes)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 am

I kind of miss not having an episode of Super to look forward to for the week.

"You dont know what you have until its gone"

: (

We will be getting 2 episodes in 4 weeks now. Because there will be even another break after 129

Of course, episode 128 was utterly amazing, 129 looks amazing, and mastered UI Goku vs full power Jiren is going to be soooo freaking hype. So pumped for it. This is ending Super on the highest notes possible. Son Goku baby

The wait is worth it

But I dont know. Not being able to have that feeling of looking forward to a Super episode for the week, for 2 weeks, makes me kind of sad : (

I would be happier about all the breaks, if the final episodes were an hour long (or one is) - and we get to watch even more Super before it sadly ends

I dont know what to think yet about the idea of everything being wrapped up in a 30 minute episode.

Its now just starting to hit that this is it. Its actually going to end.

What do you guys think? Anyone else hoping for the same?
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ernesth100
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Anyone else hoping that episode 130 or 131 will be an hour special? (Or perhaps even both)

Post by ernesth100 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:42 am

I hope so, that would be a very fitting end then they could possibly re-edit and release Goku and Jirens final battle as a film.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Anyone else hoping that episode 130 or 131 will be an hour special? (Or perhaps even both)

Post by Chuquita » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:47 am

There's enough break weeks going on this month and next where I think it's possible to do hour long endings, but at the same time have they already revealed the air dates for One Piece in March via that tv guide?

Edit: One Piece is listed as airing at 9:30 on both days https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:57 am

The title for episode 131 (the final episode) has me emotional

"Goku, until we meet again"

Goku is one of the most legendary and iconic characters in anime history, if not easily the most iconic one ever

Please let us get one final hour with the amazing character of Goku.

Please be all about Goku and the incredible journey we have watched Goku go on over the series.

Amazing to think about how far Goku has come and how much Goku has grown. From SS1 to Omen and mastered UI - overcoming his most powerful opponent ever with his most powerful form ever.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:44 pm

If it was, Toei would have hyped it up as a 1 hour special like they did with episode 109/110 weeks before it came out.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:47 pm

DHM211 wrote:If it was, Toei would have hyped it up as a 1 hour special like they did with episode 109/110 weeks before it came out.
Theres still several weeks left until episode 130. Lets hope for the best

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Although it isn't fun having to wait 2 weeks for each episode, the extra time will hopefully ensure that the quality is where it'll need to be for the arc and show's final.

In terms of an hour special for one of them, I think they would've said something by now if that's what they were doing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:54 pm

I honestly don't see it happening. But I remain hopeful and want to be proven wrong: (

Btw, has there been any specific reasons stated for the breaks?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:57 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Goku is one of the most legendary and iconic characters in anime history, if not easily the most iconic one ever.

Amazing to think about how far Goku has come and how much Goku has grown.
If Goku isn't then who is ? Goku is without question THE most iconic anime figure and one of the most iconic pop culture icons.

Greatness from small beginnings.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:17 pm

sintzu wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Goku is one of the most legendary and iconic characters in anime history, if not easily the most iconic one ever.

If Goku isn't then who is ? Goku is without question THE most iconic anime figure and one of the most iconic pop culture icons.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Fact: )

Is that a quote from Sir Francis Drake? I got that from playing Uncharted lol. Fantastic series.

It really is amazing how the character of Goku has managed to touch so many lives/how Goku became beyond pop culture

Anybody can relate to Goku. Anyone can get motivated by Goku.

Goku is the story of the proverbial underdog. Goku was a low class peasant and yet despite all that rose to prominence

Goku has many qualities to admire. Fun loving. Caring. An absolute badass in battle, but yet a gentle soul outside battle. His calm warrior spirit. His child like eagerness to always want to learn, with an open mindedness and willingness to try different techniques and approaches in the search of constant improvement.

Goku has an innocence and purity to him yet that badass in him when he needs to defeat the enemy.

Goku is the hero of the people. His speech against Frieza on Namek was bone chilling epic

A lot of real life MMA fighters love Dragon Ball and talk about trying to model themselfes after the character of Goku. Basically wanting to be like a real life version of Goku

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:31 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Is that a quote from Sir Francis Drake? I got that from playing Uncharted lol. Fantastic series.

Goku has an innocence and purity to him yet that badass in him when he needs to defeat the enemy.
Yep. :thumbup: I need to plays those again.

When Goku gets serious, especially Z Goku he's the best thing on screen. That Ssj3 transformation against Buu, him beating the hell out of Freeza on namek, his fight with Cell...When a Vegeta fanboy fanboies over Goku, you know he's a badass. :lol:

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:42 pm

sintzu wrote:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
ps awesome pic too: )

The emotions are coming back lol.

It's really hitting now. How far Goku has come. His journey that we all have been on the ride for, watching along. That pic Really drives that home. It's sad in a happy way.

I hope episode 131 is some kind of Goku tribute after Goku wins. I have a feeling it's going to be "happy sad"...extremely emotional....our final goodbye to Super and it's hero Goku. Dragon Ball IS GOKU. And we are saying goodbye to both. Until we meet again

I loved how as Goku killed Buu there was kind of a tribute to the whole Buu arc. Goku recalling all the events that lead to that and talking about Buu (as if almost a tribute to Buu. The legendary kind hearted warrior Goku still seeing the good in fat buu was a great touch too, while Goku dealt deserved justice to evil buu)

I would love if something similar was done with Goku vs Jiren

After Goku rings out Jiren, or if Goku is in a beam struggle with Jiren, that just as Goku is about to push and blast Jiren out, Goku has a flashback and recalls everything that happened up to that point in a sort of tribute to the arc, their battle, and Jiren

Goku thanking Jiren for helping him surpass his limits and talking about how he hopes Jiren learned that trust and hope is a real thing and that's which drove Goku to win and beat him

Imagine if after Goku rings Jirem out, Jiren realises that it's not always about strength.

That before Jiren gets erased Jiren actually thanks Goku and wishes him a farewell, before his erasure.

If would take Goku beating Jiren (Jiren losing) to make Jiren re-evaluate and have any kind of realization that theres more then just strength

Maybe Goku wishes the universes back and Jiren comes back and it's Goku and Jiren sharing a heart to heart moment together about their battle, both thanking each other, and Jiren telling Goku "until we meet again"

That would set up a future arc of Goku and Jiren teaming up together against the evil doer of U11
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:51 pm

sintzu wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

When Goku gets serious, especially Z Goku he's the best thing on screen. That Ssj3 transformation against Buu, him beating the hell out of Freeza on namek, his fight with Cell...When a Vegeta fanboy fanboies over Goku, you know he's a badass. :lol:
haha yep.

Do you have a PS4 btw? Uncharted is a must. Part 4 was utterly amazing

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:51 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
sintzu wrote:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

It's really hitting now. How far Goku has come. His journey that we all have been on the ride for, watching along. That pic Really drives that home. It's sad in a happy way.

I hope episode 131 is some kind of Goku tribute after Goku wins. I have a feeling it's going to be "happy sad"...extremely emotional....our final goodbye to Super and it's hero Goku. Dragon Ball IS GOKU. And we are saying goodbye to both. Until we meet again

I loved how as Goku killed Buu there was kind of a tribute to the whole Buu arc. Goku recalling all the events that lead to that and talking about Buu (as if almost a tribute to Buu. The legendary kind hearted warrior Goku still seeing the good in fat buu was a great touch too, while Goku dealt deserved justice to evil buu)

After Goku rings out Jiren, or if Goku is in a beam struggle with Jiren, that just as Goku is about to push and blast Jiren out, Goku has a flashback and recalls everything that happened up to that point in a sort of tribute to the arc, their battle, and Jiren

Goku thanking Jiren for helping him surpass his limits and talking about how he hopes Jiren learned that trust and hope is a real thing and that's which drove Goku to win and beat him

Imagine if after Goku rings Jirem out, Jiren realises that it's not always about strength.

That before Jiren gets erased Jiren actually thanks Goku and wishes him a farewell, before his erasure.

If would take a Goku beating Jiren to make Jiren re-evaluate and have any kind of realization

Maybe Goku wishes the universes back and Jiren comes back and it's Goku and Jiren sharing a heart to heart moment together about their battle, both thanking each other, and Jiren telling Goku "until we meet again"

That would set up a future arc of Goku and Jiren teaming up together against the evil doer of U11

The title of 131 is said as a statement

I really wonder who is going to be the telling Goku that

Is it Whis, Berus, the GP? Jiren as stated earlier.

In a way it's like Super telling us - the viewer, do not worry, we will be back. Until we meet again. Goku representing Toriyama/Toei.

We are the audience and we will meet Goku again for the next series

I can already tell 131 is going to make me cry. Long live the legendary Son Goku
As good as these ideas are, we'll be lucky if the fight itself gets a good ending as they have very little time to do much.

My main issue with the spoilers is Goku maybe surpassing the destroyers...why rush something like that ? DB is surely to continue for years to come so why waste these great characters and Goku's development ? they should've let things develop on a more natural pace.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Do you have a PS4 btw? Uncharted is a must. Part 4 was utterly amazing
I've played all 4 more times than I can count.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:55 pm

sintzu wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
sintzu wrote:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

If would take a Goku beating Jiren to make Jiren re-evaluate and have any kind of realization

The title of 131 is said as a statement

I really wonder who is going to be the telling Goku that

Is it Whis, Berus, the GP? Jiren as stated earlier.

In a way it's like Super telling us - the viewer, do not worry, we will be back. Until we meet again. Goku representing Toriyama/Toei.

We are the audience and we will meet Goku again for the next series

I can already tell 131 is going to make me cry. Long live the legendary Son Goku
As good as these ideas are, we'll be lucky if the fight itself gets a good ending as they have very little time to do much.

My main issue with the spoilers is Goku maybe surpassing the destroyers...why rush something like that ? DB is surely to continue for years to come so why waste these great characters and Goku's development ? they should've let things develop on a more natural pace.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Do you have a PS4 btw? Uncharted is a must. Part 4 was utterly amazing
I've played all 4 more times than I can count.
There's no way they don't do everything they possibly can to make MUI Goku vs Jiren one of the most epic battles in Dragon Ball with a satisfying conclusion that ends Super on the highest note possible (which IMO is a Goku win)

That's good to hear. Confirmed, you have great tastes in video games too: )

Uncharted 4 is one of my greatest games of this gen.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Re: Anyone else hoping that episode 130 or 131 will be an hour long? (Or perhaps even both episodes)

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:01 pm

Jiren surpasses a god with just his strength. That's a harder sell for me

Goku gaining a whole new legendary form in order to far suprass the gods is much better, more built up, and sits better with me.

It took Goku awakening Omen 3 times, plus the event in episode 129 which we haven't seen yet (to gain mastered UI)

Considering how much of a prodigy Son Goku is, it's surprising it even took him this long; ) haha

Roshi is probably like, took you long enough Goku. I was expecting sooner. I am disappoint lol

sintzu
Banned

Re: Anyone else hoping that episode 130 or 131 will be an hour long? (Or perhaps even both episodes)

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:12 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Jiren surpasses a god with just his strength. That's a harder sell for me

Goku gaining a whole new legendary form in order to far suprass the gods is much better, more built up, and sits better with me.

It took Goku awakening Omen 3 times, plus the event in episode 129 which we haven't seen yet (to gain mastered UI)

Considering how much of a prodigy Son Goku is, it's surprising it even took him this long; ) haha

Roshi is probably like, took you long enough Goku. I was expecting sooner. I am disappoint lol
I don't have an issue with him surpassing some of them but not all of them, especially not Beerus as I'd like to see a rematch between them. It'd be fine if he surpassed 2-3 of them.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:14 pm

sintzu wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:

ps

Its hard not to fanboy over Goku. There is a Goku fan in all of us: )

Even Vegeta himself is a Goku fanboy. He entrusted all his hope and trust onto Goku.

When Goku awakened Omen for the 3rd time. Vegeta smiled as if he were screaming inside "Yes, go Goku. I knew you would do it. You are about to get it now Jiren"

Btw, when Goku's shirt comes off that is when you know the beast inside Goku is about to be fully unleashed lol.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:24 pm

sintzu wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Jiren surpasses a god with just his strength. That's a harder sell for me

I don't have an issue with him surpassing some of them but not all of them, especially not Beerus as I'd like to see a rematch between them. It'd be fine if he surpassed 2-3 of them.
I think its been shown clearly enough by now that both Vegeta and Goku have reached the gods.

Goku especially with his mastered UI form should be well above the gods - and now approaching the bottom tier of angels imo (UI is an angle thing)

It would be pretty disappointing if Goku's most powerful form didnt even surpass most of the gods. All this hype would have been for nothing.

If Jiren can surpass a god, why cant Goku.

We know Jiren is stronger then Belmond whos stronger then Berus. For Goku to compete with Jiren he must be above the gods. It wouldnt make sense if Goku's new form wasnt far above a god.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:44 am

If it's not Jiren telling Goku until we meet again, I really wonder who is going to be the one telling Goku that

Is it Whis, Berus, the GP?

Will Goku leave with the angels?

Is Super even really going to go end with the end of Z?

From what we know, the end of Super, at this current point in the timeline is still a few years away from the end of Z

Why would they do a time skip to a time skip?

What if it does end on a cliff hanger, and the next series return is what goes into the end of Z (and even past it)

Back to the 131 title, in a way, metaphorically it's like Super telling us - the viewer, do not worry, we will be back.

Until we meet again audience. Goku representing Toriyama/Toei. 

We are the audience and we will meet Goku again with the next series