Guesses on important manga characters.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Guesses on important manga characters.

Post by Hawk9211 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:10 pm

So,which characters in your opinion will be more important than anime?

Personally,I have my bets on coccote.She is the only one not shown to be fighting and is also the one not fighting with kahersal and co.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Re: Guesses on important manga characters.

Post by Exline » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:41 pm

I'm getting a feeling that Cabba will be much more involved in the tournament than in the anime where he faced a fodder competitor. I think he would best fit the role of supporter by defending his teammates. He does't seem like a leader to me nor does he seem like a powerhouse but a supportive role will make him stand out more and seems fitting to his optimistic personality.

I also feel Frost is the one who is going to try and one up Frieza. I feel Frieza's plan in the manga is a bit too obvious of a set up and Frost would easily recognize this and try to eliminate him first, but then it ends up leading to an intense fight between them. Then Frieza would eventually whip out his Golden Form and defeat him.

Damon and Gamisaras should definitely be given more development due to how incredible of an idea of an insivible fighter and a tiny fighter in a battle royale are. In the anime we didn't even get any hints of them until the later portion of the ToP.

The only characters at the moment being focused on are the Androids, Vegeta, and Goku of U7, Ribrianne of U2, and Jiren of U11.

I am hoping for characters that were ignored in the Anime version of the ToP are given some unique moments in the manga

Characters such as
-Shantza (U4) - Interesting Techniques
-Caway (U4) - Interesting Techniques
-Zarbuto (U2) - He is a Tuffle, Vegeta should atleast recognize him.
-Nigrisshi (U3) - He was meant to be the leader but was easily jobbed by Cabba??
-The Preecho (U3) - He should be U3's version of Cell, capable of using the powers of everyone on his team.
-Murichim (U10) - The leader of U10 who also didn't get any interesting moments. What's the point of being the leader if you can't hold your own?
-Pride Troopers (U11) - It's disgusting to see how weak they are compared to U7, maybe their teamwork is so effective that they can take down stronger foes. I doubt that after seeing how they dealt with Goku as if they were a bunch of rookie vigilantes.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:10 pm

I'd love for Krillin and Tien to both get better showings as both sort of ended up leaving a nasty taste in my mouth. So much build up for Krillin just to get cheap shotted in the first three minutes, and Tien got literally nothing.

The leaders in general of each universe will hopefully have better showings. Poor Bergamo didn't get to use his giant form despite there being lots of other characters with gigantic forms for him to fight with such as Ribrianne, or presumably all three Namekian warriors on show. Universe 10 got nothing.

Kasheral and the rest of the pride troopers too will hopefully get more focus. Again; a lot of build up for Kasheral(equal to Dyspo) and he's taken out insanely easily.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:12 pm

So far only Goku (obviously), Vegeta, the androids, Jiren, Frieza and Frost are in the spotlight. We might see more of the characters soon. Though given the whole building up of Cabba recruiting Kale and Caulifla, it seems that they might get some spotlight here (I don't think it will be that much like the anime at all, but it will be something).

It would also be great to see Universe 4 getting more spotlight unlike the anime, given that Quitela is Beerus' rival and all of that.

What also interests me is that Frieza told Frost to defeat the earthlings (Krillin, Tien and Roshi) already, which we might see in the next chapter, chances seem that they will go fast is that the case. I just hope they don't overplay/overpower Roshi. The same with Android 17...

But anyway, I also hope that we don't see much of Universe 2 at all. And it would be good to see how much Universe 9 can handle, if they get eliminated fast or not. It also seems that Universe 10 (correct me if I'm wrong) is the one that is getting more fighters eliminated at the moment.

The Pride Troopers (bar Jiren, Toppo and Dyspo) seem weaklings here like in the anime, with Base Goku fighting all at the same time and defeating them easily with SSJ, though we hadn't seen Cocotte with them, maybe she'll have a bigger role?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:09 pm

I want Universe 10 as a whole to do much more than what they got in the anime. The best Universe 10 got was Obuni fighting Ultimate Gohan.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I want Universe 10 as a whole to do much more than what they got in the anime. The best Universe 10 got was Obuni fighting Ultimate Gohan.
Yeah, Gowasu deserves better than that :D :lol:
Rest in peace, GodTuber
Get Fucked, C_unt

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:51 pm

The ones who were on that V Jump cover.

The rest is fodder.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I want Universe 10 as a whole to do much more than what they got in the anime. The best Universe 10 got was Obuni fighting Ultimate Gohan.
It baffles me as to why they seem to be less significant in the tournament compared to the other universes. Universe 7 and Universe 10 has helped one another in the previous arc. It's like Gowasu's assistance in that arc was unneeded.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:45 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:The ones who were on that V Jump cover.

The rest is fodder.
I personally just want Hit to do lots of cool stuff. Even though I don't particularly like Hit in the manga, I still want him to do lots of cool stuff.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:24 pm

I feel like Hit will have more of a prominent role outside fighting Jiren, which I don't think will happen. I'm not sure why, but I think he's going to fight Top at some point. Perhaps it's because they were both given trouble by SSJ Red.

On the flip side, I'm worried that No. 17 won't be as prominent as he was in the anime; unlike in the anime, he's comparable to a SSJ3 instead of a SSJ Blue. I really can't see him lasting for as long as he did in the anime. I think he'll outlast the vast majority of the competitors, but I don't think he'll make it as far as he did in the anime (i.e. fighting Top and Jiren when it's down to U7 vs. U11).
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack