The amount of recolor forms is getting ridiculous

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GamerSkull
Regular

Re: The amount of recolor forms is getting ridiculous

Post by GamerSkull » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:13 pm

precita wrote:The color change forms are awful but now they've run out of stuff.

What's next, Super Saiyan rainbow? There's also still purple and orange I guess...lol
Don't forget brown.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:16 pm

sintzu wrote:When BOG came out Toriyama said future stories would just focus on Goku's base and Ssj1 forms but that was clearly shot down by the high ups running the franchise.
As of RoF this was realized via the Godly Base > SSj Blue progression. They went back on this when they brought back the earlier SSj forms.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 pm

SSGSS was made Blue because the color blue signified a calm and serene spirit. That's what the form is anyway. Vegeta got SSG3 and while it's a much a more intense color, it's still pretty much the same meaning. SSGSS also has a bang difference with SSJ1. They actually aren't identical. I still don't see why people are expecting some crazy looking form now. Those days are done. The only real different looking forms are ones that aren't linear like SSRage or SSBerserker or Controlled Berserker. I also don't think you should even be taking this that seriously when the show clearly acknowledges the colors being ridiculous lol
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 8bitdee » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:31 am

The ironic thing about all the different color transformations is that it's what used to give people boners after DBZ, at the beginning of the internet when everyone was trying to find info about AF series and other doujinshi.