KOL explains why writing is atrocious

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

KOL explains why writing is atrocious

Post by Shuby » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:14 am

I found this video of KOL explaining why the writing of Super is mediocre at best, and no for the aplogists out there this is not all about "power-scalling", its the inconsistency of the writing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnU55dfRLMY

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: KOL explains why writing is atrocious

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:33 am

King Of Lightning is a fucking awesome name.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

FrostByte
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FrostByte » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:06 pm

If anyone uses the word "apologist",then they don't deserve to be taken seriously."You defended a show that i dislike? Oh wow, what an apologist".Leave,don't waste time.
Last edited by FrostByte on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:15 pm

I don't even know who is that guy.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:25 pm

I don't take anyone seriously when they used someone on Youtube to prove a point instead of just making the point themselves. At least Ajay has some animation experience and knowledge of the industry despite my misgiven about the guy recently. KOL is just dude who talks a lot and belittles anyone who doesn't share his opinion.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:44 pm

#17 catching Jiren off-guard when Hit failed to do the same is a good point. I forgot about that.

Everything else I agree with and made the same observations when the episodes came out.

Guesswhoo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Guesswhoo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:46 pm

This is just preaching to the choir at this point, you don't kick an already opened door.
Video about people bitching about DBS for "critical purpose" and "validity within the general anime fandom" have already been done to death but the wave is still there right ? So why not ride on it ? :roll:

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:21 pm

Doctor. wrote:#17 catching Jiren off-guard when Hit failed to do the same is a good point. I forgot about that.

Everything else I agree with and made the same observations when the episodes came out.

In the DBS ch. 30 Manga, Goku says he has no idea where 17 is because "He doesn't have Ki". This could explain why 17 actually was able to surprise Jiren. And maybe it could explain as well why Jiren had troubles fighting him, to some extend. Just my headcanon.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
Doctor. wrote:#17 catching Jiren off-guard when Hit failed to do the same is a good point. I forgot about that.

In the DBS ch. 30 Manga, Goku says he has no idea where 17 is because "He doesn't have Ki". This could explain why 17 actually was able to surprise Jiren. And maybe it could explain as well why Jiren had troubles fighting him, to some extend. Just my headcanon.
That’s also in the anime. That’s how 17 and 18 snuck up on that general in 101.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:19 pm

youtubers....man I feel like I was born in the wrong decade.

I don't take anything youtubers say seriously...

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:14 am

[

That scene still grinds my gear.Vados says that even most skilled warriors are vulnerable when finishing their opponents,but Jiren doesn’t even have that weakness.Now,his opponent isn’t some random guy it is a thousand years old assassin that can stop time and do invisible attacks.Even if we assume that hit can’t hide his energy to be invisible,17 just walks up and blasts jiren.We are informed with shocking twist that Jiren was caught off guard.Even more annoying is freezes who just comes screaming like Tarzan and kicks Jiren.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:12 am

Hawk9211 wrote:[

That scene still grinds my gear.Vados says that even most skilled warriors are vulnerable when finishing their opponents,but Jiren doesn’t even have that weakness.Now,his opponent isn’t some random guy it is a thousand years old assassin that can stop time and do invisible attacks.Even if we assume that hit can’t hide his energy to be invisible,17 just walks up and blasts jiren.We are informed with shocking twist that Jiren was caught off guard.Even more annoying is freezes who just comes screaming like Tarzan and kicks Jiren.
It's also worth considering that Jiren may have been more on guard before, with so many potentially dangerous opponents still in the arena, but he relaxed his guard with only a few left, including ones like 17 who he didn't consider to be a real threat.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:49 am

precita wrote:youtubers....man I feel like I was born in the wrong decade.

Then you're alienating all of them? Honestly watch the video he brings up good points why Super is piss poorly written.

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:50 am

FrostByte wrote:If anyone uses the word "apologist",then they don't deserve to be taken seriously."You defended a show that i dislike? Oh wow, what an apologist".Leave,don't waste time.
If you defend something that is clearly bad, well yeah what other word would you use? Super is a terriblly written mess.

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:50 am

Guesswhoo wrote:This is just preaching to the choir at this point, you don't kick an already opened door.
Video about people bitching about DBS for "critical purpose" and "validity within the general anime fandom" have already been done to death but the wave is still there right ? So why not ride on it ? :roll:
Super is still bad right? So why not ride on it?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:58 am

Shuby wrote:

Then you're alienating all of them? Honestly watch the video he brings up good points why Super is piss poorly written.
Because we are BY him, also please stop forcing people to do and think what you want.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Shuby
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shuby » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:49 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
Shuby wrote:

Because we are BY him, also please stop forcing people to do and think what you want.
with Super it’s just got worse.
The show is awful.
Liking it is one thing, but to defend it’s terrible writing as something that is acceptable is just crazy and dishonest.

I’ve read better fan fiction

FrostByte
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FrostByte » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:51 am

Shuby wrote:
FrostByte wrote:If anyone uses the word "apologist",then they don't deserve to be taken seriously."You defended a show that i dislike? Oh wow, what an apologist".Leave,don't waste time.
If you defend something that is clearly bad, well yeah what other word would you use? Super is a terriblly written mess.
Go back to the youtube comments,and you'll find people like yourself to circlejerk.This KOL guy is a jiren fanboy and he's angry because Goku punched Jiren once.He completely ignored the fact that UI Goku also got stronger compared to the first time they fought.
"Even now,as he fights,he continues to evolve.With every block,he hits Jiren more quickly,sharply and heavily"-Piccolo,Episode 110.

KOL:If you dont like power of friendship,then you shouldnt like Vegeta vs Toppo.
Lmao that guy reviews One piece,and there are many "power of friendship" boosts in OP.Luffy vs Rob Lucci climax fight has one too,and he considers that fight one of the best.

Timetraveller
Beyond Newbie

Post by Timetraveller » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:37 am

Right...Let's ignore his 35 minute detailed breakdown. Your post is clearly more convincing than that

In all honesty, dragonball super is a poorly written mess full of retcons and inconsistencies at a magnitude never before seen in dragonball history. Let's just hope the next series starts off on a better note

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:41 am

No it's not. Jiren clearly was aware of Hit coming to attack him from behind, he just couldn't attack fast enough so hit got him first. With 17's case, it was a large blast from behind and Jiren had no idea he even was there.