Could we get Scott McNeil, Paul Bandey or Ethan Cole as Pirina and Saonel in the english dub?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Could we get Scott McNeil, Paul Bandey or Ethan Cole as Pirina and Saonel in the english dub?

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Since they got Brian Drummond to do Copy Vegeta, I think it would be possible to get Scott too, also can be easier since he already did work for FUNimation before in Fullmetal Alchemist and One Piece.

But what about Paul Bandey? Yeah, Paul Bandey, the "Big Green" Piccolo. He is still alive and still do a few voice acting in France until I know. Could FUNimation gets he to dub of the U6 Namekians if they want?
Last edited by SaintEvolution on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: Could we get Scott McNeil and Paul Bandey as Pirina and Saonel in the english dub?

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:42 pm

I agree, now that we've seen Sabat is willing to bring in Brian Drummond anything is possible (other than these actors replacing the main roles). Scott McNeil is possible, because like Drummond he's a fan favourite, Paul Bandey is a different story because much like many other rules in the Big Green dub we don't know for certain that he was involved, and even then that dub doesn't have the same following the Ocean dub has.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Could we get Scott McNeil and Paul Bandey as Pirina and Saonel in the english dub?

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:03 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:I agree, now that we've seen Sabat is willing to bring in Brian Drummond anything is possible (other than these actors replacing the main roles). Scott McNeil is possible, because like Drummond he's a fan favourite, Paul Bandey is a different story because much like many other rules in the Big Green dub we don't know for certain that he was involved, and even then that dub doesn't have the same following the Ocean dub has.
Well, Bandey wasn't credited in any post-producted credits, but he does voice acting in France and his voice is recognizable and comparable to other works he did, so we can safely say that was him. Most of the old Z dubs around the world do not have post-production, but the voices were recognized and credited because of the internet.
Paul Bandey was involved, we can surely say that.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:32 pm

What about the guys who played Piccolo in the Blue Water dubs?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:31 am

Danfun64 wrote:What about the guys who played Piccolo in the Blue Water dubs?
That was Ethan Cole. Maybe could be a possible choice too. I will edit the title of the topic mentioning him, but I honestly would prefer Paul Bandey than Ethan.

To me, McNeil would voice Pirina and Bandey would voice Saonel, but that is just my personal opinion.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Re: Could we get Scott McNeil, Paul Bandey or Ethan Cole as Pirina and Saonel in the english dub?

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:59 am

I'd actually love to see McNeil voice Quintela with his Rattrap voice.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

EnergizerConvoy
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Could we get Scott McNeil, Paul Bandey or Ethan Cole as Pirina and Saonel in the english dub?

Post by EnergizerConvoy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:21 pm

Sabat would get Lanipator (Under a Different Ailas) as the Universe 6 Namekians. Or just have Sabat voice themselves, be like Vaccine Man all over again. Brian Drummond's Copy Vegeta was just a 1 time thing. So I'm not sure if getting another Vancouver VA for Super would be possible.

ErikB
Beyond Newbie

Post by ErikB » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:07 am

8000 Saiyan wrote:I'd actually love to see McNeil voice Quintela with his Rattrap voice.
Yes! I almost wish I hadn't read this, because now I won't be able to help being disappointed if that doesn't turn out to be the case.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:41 am

8000 Saiyan wrote:I'd actually love to see McNeil voice Quintela with his Rattrap voice.
That would be great too, but I don't think it would happen.
EnergizerConvoy wrote:Sabat would get Lanipator (Under a Different Ailas) as the Universe 6 Namekians. Or just have Sabat voice themselves, be like Vaccine Man all over again. Brian Drummond's Copy Vegeta was just a 1 time thing. So I'm not sure if getting another Vancouver VA for Super would be possible.
Wasn't Lanipator using an alias when he and the rest of TFS cast voiced that Mr. Satan movie in Kai TFC?

Toei seems to hate the TFS cast and does not want them in Dragon Ball related stuff.

Also, Pirina and Saonel are small appearances, they do not have lines in more than five episodes I think.

EnergizerConvoy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by EnergizerConvoy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:25 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Wasn't Lanipator using an alias when he and the rest of TFS cast voiced that Mr. Satan movie in Kai TFC?
Yeah, he went under the name "Bart Allen" as Fake Piccolo. If I was Lani, I would have another alias as an Anagram for Nick Landis. Like "Cal Disnink" or something.
SaintEvolution wrote:Toei seems to hate the TFS cast and does not want them in Dragon Ball related stuff.
That didn't Stop KaiserNeko being in Resurrection F.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:49 pm

EnergizerConvoy wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Wasn't Lanipator using an alias when he and the rest of TFS cast voiced that Mr. Satan movie in Kai TFC?
Yeah, he went under the name "Bart Allen" as Fake Piccolo. If I was Lani, I would have another alias as an Anagram for Nick Landis. Like "Cal Disnink" or something.
SaintEvolution wrote:Toei seems to hate the TFS cast and does not want them in Dragon Ball related stuff.
That didn't Stop KaiserNeko being in Resurrection F.
Yeah, he used an alias, but Toei still cutted the TFS voices.