Collection of all of DBS Toriyama's designs UPDATED 04/24/18

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Collection of all of DB, DBZ, and DBS Toriyama's designs UPDATED AGAIN

Post by emperior » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Here there are some more pictures! https://imgur.com/a/CkN8P
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:04 pm

emperior wrote:Here there are some more pictures! https://imgur.com/a/CkN8P
Perfect timing man! I was just about to update this. :D You can't imagine how grateful I am right now, I've been looking for those sketches in forever, since all I had was screenshots with ugly fingers on the drawings. Thanks! :thumbup:
Get Fucked, C_unt

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:17 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:I see my screenshot of the Wukong and Goku drawing has made it here. Some of them I believe were from the Kanzenbans, the Super History Book and various other guidebook covers but some of them I’m not sure
Hey man, I added the designs that you updated, and some new ones like Bulma, Barbarian, and Frost 3rd form. Unfortunately the Final Form Frost, and Zeno with attendants were too low quality, and they were too small, so I thought that they wouldn't fit next to all of the giant pictures. Hopefully we can find some better ones in the future!
Get Fucked, C_unt

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Added them :thumbup:
I also added all of the various illustration from the other album you posted. Thanks again for sharing!
Get Fucked, C_unt

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Added them :thumbup:
I also added all of the various illustration from the other album you posted. Thanks again for sharing!
No problem man! This is a very nice thread, and I'm happy to contribute with the stuff I found online. I don't really deserve credit, as that should be for the guys who first uploaded them on the internet but I have no idea where those came from and whose scans they are. I just happen to be a huge fan of Toriyama's drawings and I had a folder full of these pictures I found around the web.

As for these kind of pictures: https://i.imgur.com/DDz3fCV.png
They come from Kanzenban's covers: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/kanzenban/
I only posted two because those are my favorite ones and the ones I had saved on my PC. You could group them all under the "Kanzenban drawings" title.

I also have this picture I forgot to include in the album: https://i.imgur.com/o592Dyu.jpg
and here's the original Gogeta picture, uncolored: https://i.imgur.com/NCOsCdk.jpg
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: Collection of all of DB, DBZ, and DBS Toriyama's designs (and more) UPDATED 04/20/18

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:52 am

UPDATE (04/20/18): Added the two new designs from the VJump scans of DB Legends. There's an unknown character, and what appears to be a hooded Shallot
Get Fucked, C_unt

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Collection of all of DB, DBZ, and DBS Toriyama's designs (and more) UPDATED 04/20/18

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:36 am

A couple of things. First, I found some higher quality images of some of the U6 designs you didn’t include (Frost Final Form, Zen-Oh, etc.) so I’ll send those to you soon. Next, I’ve also got some rescans of some of the movie, filler and GT stuff from the Super History Book but they’re not much better quality than what you have so it may not be worth it. Finally, I’ve got a list of all the miscellaneous artworks in this and their purposes (some of which are actually fan redraws so if you want I can help you find the original versions of those):
1. Toriyama BoG Main Chibi Illustration
2. Dragon Ball Diorama Vol. 1 Box Illustration
3. Dragon Ball Diorama Vol. 2 Box Illustration
4. Super Exciting Guide Cover Art
5. Super Exciting Guide: Character Volume Cover Art
6. Kanzenban 13 Cover Art
7. Kanzenban 22 Cover Art
8. Dragon Ball Z Diorama Figure Set Vol. 3 Box Art
9. Dragon Ball Z Diorama Figure Set Vol. 1 Box Art
10. (Supposedly) An illustration made for a fan of Gogeta, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the illustration for the Dragon Box the Movies set
11. GT Dragon Box Illustration
12. Z Dragon Box 2 Illustration
13. World of Dragon Ball Illustration
14. Drawing of Goku that looks familiar but can’t remember where it’s from (not what you should actually label this as lmao)
15. Daizenshuu 1/The Complete Illustrations Cover Illustration (redrawn by fan)
16. Goku from Dragon Box Tenkaichi Budokai Diorama Box Art (redrawn by fan)
17. Kid Goku Illustration from Chogashu (redrawn by fan)
18. Unknown Goku Illustration (Could be fanart)
19. 2005 Jump Heroes Goku Illustration
20. Illustration celebrating the title of top Showa and Heisei Anime Hero (this was actually my screenshot of it from a poor quality stream but ever since, I have found a higher quality version that I can send you)
21. Special Comic Page for the Super History Book

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:29 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:A couple of things. First, I found some higher quality images of some of the U6 designs you didn’t include (Frost Final Form, Zen-Oh, etc.) so I’ll send those to you soon. Next, I’ve also got some rescans of some of the movie, filler and GT stuff from the Super History Book but they’re not much better quality than what you have so it may not be worth it. Finally, I’ve got a list of all the miscellaneous artworks in this and their purposes (some of which are actually fan redraws so if you want I can help you find the original versions of those):
10. (Supposedly) An illustration made for a fan of Gogeta, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the illustration for the Dragon Box the Movies set
14. Drawing of Goku that looks familiar but can’t remember where it’s from (not what you should actually label this as lmao)
20. Illustration celebrating the title of top Showa and Heisei Anime Hero (this was actually my screenshot of it from a poor quality stream but ever since, I have found a higher quality version that I can send you)
Wow, thanks man! As helpful as always :D I can't wait to receive those higher quality scans, I'm curious to see how these characters actually look like in Toriyama's artstyle. Also, which ones of the illustrations are fan redrawn??
Get Fucked, C_unt

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:03 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:A couple of things. First, I found some higher quality images of some of the U6 designs you didn’t include (Frost Final Form, Zen-Oh, etc.) so I’ll send those to you soon. Next, I’ve also got some rescans of some of the movie, filler and GT stuff from the Super History Book but they’re not much better quality than what you have so it may not be worth it. Finally, I’ve got a list of all the miscellaneous artworks in this and their purposes (some of which are actually fan redraws so if you want I can help you find the original versions of those):
Wow, thanks man! As helpful as always :D I can't wait to receive those higher quality scans, I'm curious to see how these characters actually look like in Toriyama's artstyle. Also, which ones of the illustrations are fan redrawn??
Just 15 to 18. Maybe 14 as well but I'm not sure. I'll send those pictures soon. Also I have higher quality scans of the plants and Bardock from Episode of Bardock which I will send too

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: Collection of all of DBS Toriyama's designs IMPROVED 04/21/18

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:07 pm

UPDATE 04-21-18: So I decided to move everything that isn't Super-related, or even related to modern Dragon Ball era in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41909 in the General Franchise Discussions for a better organization. Also, added Final Form Frost and Zeno. Check it out! I also moved the miscellanious illustrations from Toriyama in that thread, and I plan on improving that section in particular.
Also, I found out that the new Legends character is named Sacher.
Get Fucked, C_unt

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Collection of all of DBS Toriyama's designs IMPROVED-UPDATED 04/21/18

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:15 pm

You have a design name wrong. It was never confirmed that the hooded guy was Shallot
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:55 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:You have a design name wrong. It was never confirmed that the hooded guy was Shallot
Unless Toryiama traced over his Shallot design, I think it's unlikely that it's someone else other than him, but you never know. Initially, I put a "?" naer the name, but after comlqring the two, I think it's him: the face, and the armor underneath are the same
Get Fucked, C_unt

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:58 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:You have a design name wrong. It was never confirmed that the hooded guy was Shallot
Unless Toryiama traced over his Shallot design, I think it's unlikely that it's someone else other than him, but you never know. Initially, I put a "?" naer the name, but after comlqring the two, I think it's him: the face, and the armor underneath are the same
Nevermind, I just read the Legends thread, apparently it's not him, sorry, I'll change the name now :thumbup:
Get Fucked, C_unt

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:47 am

UPDATE 04-24-18: I added a better quality pic of the two new Legends characters: Sacher, and the hooded guy that looks like Shallot. I hope we can find out who that guy is soon
Get Fucked, C_unt

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:38 pm

UPDATE 04/24/18 #2: Found better quality pics of Shallot, Zahha (which is not actually Sacher) and the Hooded Man thanks to emperior and SSGSS Goku
Get Fucked, C_unt

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Collection of all of DBS Toriyama's designs UPDATED 04/24/18

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:48 am

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this question, but were any of Toriyama's designs for the Broly movie ever released? I find it very strange that for a movie where he contributed with more character designs than for any other, nothing has been released as of yet. At least as far as I'm aware.

UltraPrimus22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by UltraPrimus22 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:48 am Didn't want to start a new thread just for this question, but were any of Toriyama's designs for the Broly movie ever released? I find it very strange that for a movie where he contributed with more character designs than for any other, nothing has been released as of yet. At least as far as I'm aware.
None that we're aware of. Every character model sheet that's been released has been a Shintani translation.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:13 pm

Exactly. Not even the film's booklet has them. What a pity... I was hoping for something like Volume 'F' with all of Toriyama's designs.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:01 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:13 pm Exactly. Not even the film's booklet has them. What a pity... I was hoping for something like Volume 'F' with all of Toriyama's designs.
I was hoping for the same. Maybe the 60 page booklet from the limited edition home release will have something. I have it preordered so if anything comes from it, I’ll keep you all updated

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:38 pm

Are there any confirmations (interviews or design sheets) that Toriyama is in any way involved in the Moro arc story or designed any of the new characters? At the moment it doesnt feel like it at all, but some people insist calling it a legit DB arc :think: