Collection of all of DBS Toriyama's designs UPDATED 04/24/18

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Re: I made a compilation of all DBS Toriyama's character designs, what do you think of his artstyle? UPDATED

Post by Sani007 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:48 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Sani007 wrote:Great compilation, however there are more Toriyama designs for Super in Dragon Ball 30th Anniversary Super History Book.
Oh really? Thanks for letting me know, I'll try to find them and add them in here :D
Unfortunately, I can recommend unboxing videos from youtube.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: I made a compilation of all DBS Toriyama's character designs, what do you think of his artstyle? UPDATED

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:27 am

Sani007 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Sani007 wrote:Great compilation, however there are more Toriyama designs for Super in Dragon Ball 30th Anniversary Super History Book.
Oh really? Thanks for letting me know, I'll try to find them and add them in here :D
Unfortunately, I can recommend unboxing videos from youtube.
I watched one, and as for Super character designs there weren't really any that I didn't find yet. BUT, I saw a bunch of designs for OG Dragon Ball, and some unused ones. I'll definitely add them to the list
Get Fucked, C_unt

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:41 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:I love them, my absolute favourite is the Zamasu's character design. He looks so fair, elegant and secretive. Also, I believe you forgot about Fused Zamasu's character design:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Good news man, I found the Toryiama Fused Zamasu design (Ajay confirmed me that it was Toriyama's , and that the other one is Yammamuro's)
Get Fucked, C_unt

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: Collection of all of DB, DBZ, and DBS Toriyama's character designs UPDATED

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:45 am

So finally I updated the OP again adding all of Toriyama's character designa for Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z Movies and TV Specials (characters like Cooler, Broly, Bojakc, Bardock, and a lot more).
Next I'll add the designed for anime filler that he gave, like Gregory for example, and then I'll add his original designs for the manga, found in the 30 th Anniversary book, turn I'll add his unused designs, and then I'll be done until the they release his art for the next movie.
Get Fucked, C_unt

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:51 am

https://youtu.be/C23WtUpF9QA Rescanned a lot of books with Toriyama’s designs (BoG Guidebook, Volume F, Super History Book and a few V-Jumps) and compiled them with some of the images from here and made a full compilation of all the Toriyama Super art. I believe there’s some stuff that isn’t in the main post

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:28 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:https://youtu.be/C23WtUpF9QA Rescanned a lot of books with Toriyama’s designs (BoG Guidebook, Volume F, Super History Book and a few V-Jumps) and compiled them with some of the images from here and made a full compilation of all the Toriyama Super art. I believe there’s some stuff that isn’t in the main post
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! There's a couple of things I've missed, like sleeping Beerus, Vegeta's base form, and various other characters' profiles and shots from behind. Also, I'm wondering if I should add designs for ships, arenas etc... If so, then I should change the thread name of the thread and just name it: Toriyama's designs. Anyway, nice to know I (indirectly) contributed to this video , I feel proud :D I even commented under the video, hopefully he sees it
EDIT: He replied! Now when I have time, I'll add the designs that I missed that were in his video, and I'll credit him in the OP. :D
Last edited by Vegeta_Sama on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get Fucked, C_unt

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:49 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:https://youtu.be/C23WtUpF9QA Rescanned a lot of books with Toriyama’s designs (BoG Guidebook, Volume F, Super History Book and a few V-Jumps) and compiled them with some of the images from here and made a full compilation of all the Toriyama Super art. I believe there’s some stuff that isn’t in the main post
Thanks for bringing this ti my attention! There's a couple of things I've missed, like sleeping Beerus, Vegeta's base form, and various other characters' profiles and shots from behind. Also, I'm wondering if I should add designs for ships, arenas etc... If so, then I should change the thread name of the thread and just name it: Toriyama's designs. Anyway, nice to know I (indirectly) contributed to this video , I feel proud :D I even commented under the video, hopefully he sees it
EDIT: He replied! Now when I have time, I'll add the designs that I missed that were in his video, and I'll credit him in the OP. :D
Awesome! I’m actually Harry Price, the uploader of the video, so I can dm you the original scans for the best quality later so you don’t need to go through the work of screenshoting everything

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:08 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Thanks for bringing this ti my attention! There's a couple of things I've missed, like sleeping Beerus, Vegeta's base form, and various other characters' profiles and shots from behind. Also, I'm wondering if I should add designs for ships, arenas etc... If so, then I should change the thread name of the thread and just name it: Toriyama's designs. Anyway, nice to know I (indirectly) contributed to this video , I feel proud :D I even commented under the video, hopefully he sees it
Awesome! I’m actually Harry Price, the uploader of the video, so I can dm you the original scans for the best quality later so you don’t need to go through the work of screenshoting everything
Oh, really? I didn't know it was you :D Perfect then. I'd appreciate it if you sent them to me, since it would be a pain to sit and screenshot every single one I've missed. Thanks!
Get Fucked, C_unt

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: Collection of all of DB, DBZ, and DBS Toriyama's designs UPDATED

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:30 am

Thread upadated with new, better, images of Bog and RoF Thanks to the scans of SSGSS Goku. Big Thank you, my dude! I'll add the higher resolution images of the U6, F.T, and ToP soon!

EDIT: I also added the designs for the Anime filler, such as King Vegeta, Paikuhan, Grand Supreem Kai, etc... I'm actually surprised that a lot of the filler material actually came from Toriyama himself. Now, all I need to do is update the Super designs with the scans of SSGSS Goku, and then I'll add the designs used for the original Manga, found in the 30th Anniversary book. Then I'll wait for the movie designs to drop.
EDIT #2: I also added GT's designs. Turns out he was way more involved than waht most of us would think. I actually really like his drawing style in that period of time, I think his planet sketches are beautiful.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:56 am

EDIT#3: Sorry if I'm getting obnoxious :lol: I just updated the Universe 6, Future Trunks. and Universe Survival arcs designs with the higher quality ones, and I also added some that were missing berfore, always thanks to SSGSS Goku.
Also, I found out that Toriyama designed Chilled from Episode of Bardock
Get Fucked, C_unt

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:29 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:Grand Supreem Kai
Dai Kaioshin appears in the manga, albeit only for his head.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Also, I found out that Toriyama designed Chilled from Episode of Bardock
He also designed the Plantjins, if I remember correctly.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:44 am

Grimlock wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Grand Supreem Kai
Dai Kaioshin appears in the manga, albeit only for his head.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Also, I found out that Toriyama designed Chilled from Episode of Bardock
He also designed the Plantjins, if I remember correctly.
Where does Grand Kai appear in the manga? I just read in the wiki that he's anime esclusive.
As for the plantjins, I still can't find a good image of Toriyama's design.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:13 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:Where does Grand Kai appear in the manga? I just read in the wiki that he's anime esclusive.
You said "Grand Supreme Kai" in the previous post, which stands for "Dai Kaioshin". Now you're saying "Grand Kai", which stands for "Dai Kaio". Which one are you referring to anyway?
Vegeta_Sama wrote:As for the plantjins, I still can't find a good image of Toriyama's design.
The best one might be this one. Haven't seen any other image of them other than this one.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:51 am

Grimlock wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Where does Grand Kai appear in the manga? I just read in the wiki that he's anime esclusive.
You said "Grand Supreme Kai" in the previous post, which stands for "Dai Kaioshin". Now you're saying "Grand Kai", which stands for "Dai Kaio". Which one are you referring to anyway?
Vegeta_Sama wrote:As for the plantjins, I still can't find a good image of Toriyama's design.
The best one might be this one. Haven't seen any other image of them other than this one.

Thanks for the help man! I'll cut out Bardock and Chilled, and then I'm set!
Get Fucked, C_unt

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Collection of all of DB, DBZ, and DBS Toriyama's designs UPDATED AGAIN

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:08 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote: EXTRA: Videogames designs
Android 21 (Base) -Dragon Ball Fighterz
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Android 21 (Majin) -Dragon Ball Fighterz
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Shallot -Dragon Ball Legends
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Videogame designs
Courtesy of user Spider-Man, I have here the designs for Mira and Towa, done by Toryiama for DBO years ago.
Towa
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Mira
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
You created two sections for video-games. Also, I'm pretty sure there's a Dragon Ball Online's Piccolo, Dende, and Fu (probably Miss Buu as well) images from Toriyama as well.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:20 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: EXTRA: Videogames designs
Android 21 (Base) -Dragon Ball Fighterz
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Android 21 (Majin) -Dragon Ball Fighterz
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Shallot -Dragon Ball Legends
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Videogame designs
Courtesy of user Spider-Man, I have here the designs for Mira and Towa, done by Toryiama for DBO years ago.
Towa
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Mira
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
You created two sections for video-games. Also, I'm pretty sure there's a Dragon Ball Online's Piccolo, Dende, and Fu (probably Miss Buu as well) images from Toriyama as well.
One is for videogames in the pre-DBS era, where Toriyama's style was starting to evolve into his modern one. The other is for designs he did in the DB-Revival era (BoG, 2013- forward).
Get Fucked, C_unt

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:31 pm

UPDATE: I added the designed found in the Dragon Ball Super History Book of the 30th Annuversary. Unfortunately, I had to screenshot them from a yt video, since 1) I can't buy the boij myself, and 2) I couldn't find good quality pictures. Well, they're gonna stay here ubtil I find better ones :(
EDIT: I updated a lot of images of the Super design thanks to SSGSS Goku who found higher quality pictures of Goku Black, Zamasu, Fused Zamasu, Android 17-18, Sidra and Korn, and the ToP arena, plus new designs I had never seen like Bulma in the F.T. arc, the singing bird of the U6 arc, the Barnarian from Planet Babari etc...
Get Fucked, C_unt

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:01 pm

Thank you a lot for your work! There are some designs I never found in that high quality, and this thread is a very good place where we can gather all modern Dragon Ball drawings from Toriyama. Here's a bunch of stuff I had, feel free to put any of these pictures on your post!

https://imgur.com/a/3RKsj
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:10 pm

emperior wrote:Thank you a lot for your work! There are some designs I never found in that high quality, and this thread is a very good place where we can gather all modern Dragon Ball drawings from Toriyama. Here's a bunch of stuff I had, feel free to put any of these pictures on your post!

https://imgur.com/a/3RKsj
Thank you for sharing this man! It's so cool, I has never seen half of these! I will put them in the miscellaneous drawings section, and I'll credit you. :D
Get Fucked, C_unt

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:10 pm

I see my screenshot of the Wukong and Goku drawing has made it here. Some of them I believe were from the Kanzenbans, the Super History Book and various other guidebook covers but some of them I’m not sure