Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby ToshioWrites » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:15 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:Episode 130, Right before the midway break : Goku is fires a kamehameha at a seemingly defeated Jiren which should end it, however the smoke clears and jiren is shrouded in a brand new aura. Marcarita explains " IN order to survive, jiren broke through his shell" Jiren proceeds to eliminate. Your reaction?


I wouldn't be surprised. After Trunks utterly defeated Fused Zamasu with the power of friendship and love, there is nothing that may surprise me anymore.

But you bring up an interesting point. Goku broke through his shell several times in Super. During his fight against Hit, during his fight against Fused Zamasu, thrice in the Tournament of Power (against Jiren and Kefla), so why can't Jiren do the same thing? Jiren is cornered and outnumbered, so he should be able to break through his shell like Goku did in the past.



I am hoping it happens . Goku has avoided elimination 3 separate times by doing so and it would be fitting for Jiren to give him a taste of his own medicine

User avatar
Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby Brettjr25 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:31 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:Episode 130, Right before the midway break : Goku is fires a kamehameha at a seemingly defeated Jiren which should end it, however the smoke clears and jiren is shrouded in a brand new aura. Marcarita explains " IN order to survive, jiren broke through his shell" Jiren proceeds to eliminate. Your reaction?


I wouldn't be surprised. After Trunks utterly defeated Fused Zamasu with the power of friendship and love, there is nothing that may surprise me anymore.

But you bring up an interesting point. Goku broke through his shell several times in Super. During his fight against Hit, during his fight against Fused Zamasu, thrice in the Tournament of Power (against Jiren and Kefla), so why can't Jiren do the same thing? Jiren is cornered and outnumbered, so he should be able to break through his shell like Goku did in the past.


Good point, I see no reason why he shouldnt. Hit did the same in the first tournament where he basically just learned and increased his timeskip during the battle making him unbeatable which makes me wonder whu that wasnt the case in this one.

The problem with Jiren doing it here though is that UI seems to be the highest tier of fighting mastery, one that Whis said that Beerus hasnt even mastered. To achieve it, isnt just about power but a personal mindset, one that Jiren not only doesnt have but seems to not be capable of obtaining given his brief background story. If Jiren increased his power output and broke his limits, as long as he doesnt achieve UI, Goku should still hold the advantage.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby ToshioWrites » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:39 pm

Brettjr25 wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:Episode 130, Right before the midway break : Goku is fires a kamehameha at a seemingly defeated Jiren which should end it, however the smoke clears and jiren is shrouded in a brand new aura. Marcarita explains " IN order to survive, jiren broke through his shell" Jiren proceeds to eliminate. Your reaction?


I wouldn't be surprised. After Trunks utterly defeated Fused Zamasu with the power of friendship and love, there is nothing that may surprise me anymore.

But you bring up an interesting point. Goku broke through his shell several times in Super. During his fight against Hit, during his fight against Fused Zamasu, thrice in the Tournament of Power (against Jiren and Kefla), so why can't Jiren do the same thing? Jiren is cornered and outnumbered, so he should be able to break through his shell like Goku did in the past.


Good point, I see no reason why he shouldnt. Hit did the same in the first tournament where he basically just learned and increased his timeskip during the battle making him unbeatable which makes me wonder whu that wasnt the case in this one.

The problem with Jiren doing it here though is that UI seems to be the highest tier of fighting mastery, one that Whis said that Beerus hasnt even mastered. To achieve it, isnt just about power but a personal mindset, one that Jiren not only doesnt have but seems to not be capable of obtaining given his brief background story. If Jiren increased his power output and broke his limits, as long as he doesnt achieve UI, Goku should still hold the advantage.



unless he increases his raw power and speed to the point where none of goku's attacks can faze him and then as goku continues to loss stamina , he can take him out. Hell based on whis saying he has no chance vs the GP, makes me think UI might be overpowered just like anything else ala how we've seen hakai be defeated this arc

User avatar
t0ffe3m4n
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 2:50 pm
Location: UK

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby t0ffe3m4n » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Very dramatic and entertaining in general. Some slow parts here and there and the reused animation came across as a bit lazy but overall it provided the intended effect.

I have a feeling that next week will be where the big bucks will have gone, so I'm expecting it to be a pretty breathtaking climax.

User avatar
Asura
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1919
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby Asura » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:33 pm

I liked Jiren actually smiling at Goku unlocking new power to match him. Gave him some more personality I guess? Surprised I haven't seen anyone else really mention it.

User avatar
Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby Zagacious » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Can people stop with the triple posts? Either edit stuff in, write your full post to begin with, or sit back and take a Prozac. There's no need for one person to make up 75% of half the pages in this thread.


It's all ZenKai Boost no reason to blame everyone else. He's the reason the last thread got locked cause he can't control himself or stay on topic. I don't know he is even bothering to quote people if he's not going to reply to what they are actually saying. The spam is already getting way out of control. He could just write "you're wrong I'm right" and be contributing just as much as his current posts are.

Brettjr25 wrote:Just report and hope the mods do something, thats what I did. People asked him to stop before and he just continues. I think he's on a mission to make his opinion the majority opinion by reposting and reposting and copy/pasting opinions from youtube.


Their solution in the episode 128 thread was just to close the thread, even though it was 100% because of his spam and pointless/endless quotes where he doesn't even respond to their posts that he's quoting other than saying 'you're wrong' 'your opinion is the minority' etc useless. If hes just going to spam his same opinions over and over without adding anything new this thread would be 10 times cleaner without him.
It's difficult even trying read through this thread to discern the legitimate posts from his fanboy spam, since in some cases it's taking up half or more of the page.

User avatar
OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Location: SA

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby OverHeaven » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:18 pm

Image
Am I the only one who got extremely triggered by this? It was mentioned here before but this further proves that Toei are taking the fans for total idiots. Sure let's accepts that everyone somehow forgot about Frieza at the same time, but this idiot was looking straight at the GodPad with his own eyes and still pretend like it's only Jiren and Goku who're left. And they purposely didn't show Frieza's icon, so sad :lol: How desperate can you be.
Sure Zenos are stupid, but not to this point and you know it. Even 10 years old kids who are this show is supposedly directed at should be aware of Frieza.

The worst part is that when Frieza appear, they'll probably make all characters look surprised at this sudden "twist" God that is going to be too cringy.

User avatar
Asura
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1919
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby Asura » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:24 pm

Zagacious wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Can people stop with the triple posts? Either edit stuff in, write your full post to begin with, or sit back and take a Prozac. There's no need for one person to make up 75% of half the pages in this thread.


It's all ZenKai Boost no reason to blame everyone else. He's the reason the last thread got locked cause he can't control himself or stay on topic.

Let's not get this one locked too, I'd rather not wait yet another 2 weeks of not being able to discuss the latest episode cause we're talking about this stuff again. Just go back to talking about the episode and report if it bothers you.

One thing I thought this episode did really well from an artistic point of view, and I'm surprised that I'm the only one who's mentioned this so far at least from what I can see, is the wonderful directing and storyboarding. The arena really felt like it had such a large scale to it, the lighting and special effects were on point, making it look like the intensity of the battle is something we've never seen before. Even stuff like Jiren being completely surrounded in heat is just great. Here are a few shots that I thought were really good, whether it was scale, lighting, the way the shots were framed, or other stuff.


Here's one I'll post outside the spoilers though cause I thought it was great how you could very barely see a stick figure resembling Jiren all the way over there, really gave a good sense of scale.

Image

User avatar
Okara
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby Okara » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:27 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Okara wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Just because its been shown in the title and preview doesn't mean it doesn't need to be shown. Thats like saying you didn't need to see the defeat Freeza in the Namek arc because it said so in the preview and episode title. Its still stuff that needs to be visually communicated and demonstrated to the audience, and taking time with that sort of thing is important in order to really sell that idea to the audience. We didn't get instantly told that Freeza was losing steam and becoming more and more outmatched by Goku as the fight progressed, we were visually shown it.
The only real negative about your first point that I definitely agree with you with is that there was too much re-used animation, that really diminshed the scale of a fantastic storyboard and distracted from the fight instead of engaging us in it.
The scene of Goku getting pummelled was given that much time for a good reason, and that was visually show Goku mastering the offensive aspect of UI, and considering how that weakness of the form was played up, devoting a decent amount of time to Goku learning that aspect of the form was essential progression for the character. Its also a scene that allows the severity of the situation to sink in. Rushing over essential scenes like that would only harm the plot, and in my opinion it didn't overstay its welcome like the spirit bomb in 109 and 110 did.

Though I would prefer if they cut out that dialogue to focus on the scale of the fight as well as the fighters themselves, this is Dragonball, characters have always played up awesome other characters are when they reach a new plateau of strength. It comes with the genre.

Goku defeating Frieza was the resolution to the conflict; we obviously needed to see it.

This we did not. Goku mastering any aspect of Ultra Instinct has absolutely no meaning. This is just another Super Saiyan form. The writers put no time and effort into showing us Goku and Vegeta’s struggle to reach this level, so there’s no meaning behind Goku “finally” mastering it. I was laughing my ass off as Beerus was saying Goku “finally” did it as if he didn’t just start doing this 20 minutes ago (honestly, the “finally” from Beerus is dumb either way. Vegeta should’ve said it, and it would’ve had meaning if we’d seen their struggle). And no, Whis had not been training them for this off-screen; Vegeta’s flashback to Resurrection F ironically proved it. Even if they had, that’s not enough to make it feel like Goku’s achieving something he’s struggled for. The audience should’ve seen that.

Basically, we don’t need to watch the process of Goku slowly pulling this out of his ass. They’re just wasting time. That all could’ve been cut down into a few minutes. ESPECIALLY since this all happened in 30 seconds of real time or less anyway, so there’s no point in dragging it out. The whole arc is a mess and the concept of Ultra Instinct was wasted.

Just because you keep on saying this is another Super Saiyan form doesn't make it true, I like how you say that we didn't need to see Goku master any aspect of UI while at the same time saying the writers didn't show any of the struggle of Goku earning. This has pretty much been the entire freaking point of the tournament and this episode. This tournament is over 30 episodes long, for at least 19 of those episodes, Goku and Vegeta have been pushing themselves to earn UI, we didn't need to see any training with Whis specifically for this form, because this arc served as Goku's journey to earn and master UI. I don't understand how you cans say otherwise.

Narratively, espicially in relation to Goku, everything that happens in order to achieve UI is of the most utter importantance, and thats why we had so much of Goku trying to achieve UI in this arc and episode. Its because this arc is about Goku earning that form in the course of this tournament.

We should’ve seen him training for it before the tournament started. Whis describes Goku’s transition to pure instinct perfectly. That’s what we should’ve been seeing Goku and Vegeta try to accomplish all throughout Super. As it stands, it’s just an explanation for Dragon Ball’s biggest asspull yet. While that’s better than nothing, being “better than nothing” doesn’t make it good. Those 19 episodes took place in about 15 minutes of real time, which is completely ridiculous. And Goku hasn’t been “trying” to do jack squat. He’s just been getting his ass kicked and randomly popping back into the form whenever he’s about to lose. That’s not a “journey.” We don’t see Goku struggle to achieve it. He hardly even thinks about it (I’m aware that this might sound contradictory to the concept; however, it’s not. It was a new experience, so he should be trying to remember how it felt). It’s just handed to him whenever he needs a get out of jail free card. Ultra Instinct answered a transformation quota and nothing more. It brought nothing new to the way Goku and Vegeta approach their training and ambitions.
Last edited by Okara on Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mister_Popo
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:12 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby Mister_Popo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:34 pm

That was actually one of the parts of the episode i liked the most: Whis explaining, although a bit poetical and philosophical but that's Whis' style, what transcending the limit really means. Super sometimes is criticized because of it's lack of explaination, in this episode i thought the storyboard was on pair with the animation.

User avatar
Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby Artorias » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:45 pm

This is the kind of episode that is probably going to get an unfortunate amount of hate due to the heavy amount of reused animation. It really is a great episode in damn near EVERY aspect except that reuse, so I hope the diehards can look past it and still remember the amazing moments, visuals, and dialogue this gave us.

Seriously, that Whis monologue was beautiful and deserves recognition, as does the incredible direction and storyboard that helped cover up the lacking amount of new animation.
Last edited by Artorias on Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MIDI 1138
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby MIDI 1138 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:47 pm

It's an episode with the culmination of Mastered UI, I guess. In all the truth I personally came together with, DBS when it comes to the narrative, plot and character development is not what I would call an ideal Dragonball continuation or show period. I think a proper example of why Z, DB and even GT show superiority in maturity is how the approach their character growth. While not always consistent, Vegeta did grow from a Villain, a rogue with his own conflicts to a loving father. Pickl-0, Trunks(Including his special) and Gohan went through their own 3 dimensional development(I'd say this more applies to Trunks and Gohan) while still feeling like they are learning from the past. Super has yet to give this to anyone with the exception of Cabba and Super Future Trunks, who are pretty much insignificant to the show entirely. The characters created by Toriyama, who has become an old man at the age of 83(I think) have been put into this endless peter pan time bubble where no one ages and stays the same, perhaps even having mental deterioration simultaneously(Videl, Bulma, 18, Goku, Vegeta and others I forget). Don't worry, this is still on topic and I'll get more to the episode. :D

This entire arc with tension close almost non-existent proves how much Super made a major mistake in not only putting the show between the end of the buu arc and before the "End Of Z" but adding these insane power ups that never went anywhere and are used for generic convenience despite the concept being unique. In 129 episodes, We have seen over 4+ transformations for Goku, the only character to do so and another copy-pasted "Super Vegeta" form. Why? What was the purpose for the Red god form? What did it do? Blue form? Ultra Instinct? He'll just get another one and keep mastering the form passively like he has continued to do. UI is a fantastic concept, in the same reign of Kaio Ken but taking it from a more realistic martial arts perspective. What has been executed is an overpowered nonsensical form to easily escape properly established writing within the show and to remove tension for "flash". This "form" or "technique" needed to never be used solely for Goku as it has been provided canonically in the show that anyone cam use it. Despite my issues with Super, this could have been a simple change of powering down UI(so it won't be so OP) and giving it to another character, like Vegeta. Let the God Forms be explored and not yet again(Red and Blue) being pushed into the corner so quickly as they came.

As for the episode itself, many of the sentiments I agree with. It's weak. Very weak until the last 10 minutes or so when the momentum kicks in(a problem the anime keeps running into). I might as well not talk too much about it because the content it has given me was very little from the start. Similar to 110 really. Other than the great animation(to be expected), some of the nice snippets of dialogue from Vetgeta/Berrus and the mentions @Asura posted, I have nothing to add.

All I have left to say is that Super needs to finish what it started. Ending the anime on this dull/isolated and tension-less arc would be pretty disappointing as they have to tie into the END OF Z at some point. I'm highly interested on how they are going to now have to explain Goku and Vegeta's current Godhood and Bulla(who is the only great retcon). Well...There would be no point in continuing the show of an alternate GT. If you've reached god-hood, what else is there left to do for the characters except the 2 Buddy and Cop Gods? Anyways, this is the end of my post.

Next episode awaits.

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby nato25 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:50 pm

Okara wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Okara wrote:Goku defeating Frieza was the resolution to the conflict; we obviously needed to see it.

This we did not. Goku mastering any aspect of Ultra Instinct has absolutely no meaning. This is just another Super Saiyan form. The writers put no time and effort into showing us Goku and Vegeta’s struggle to reach this level, so there’s no meaning behind Goku “finally” mastering it. I was laughing my ass off as Beerus was saying Goku “finally” did it as if he didn’t just start doing this 20 minutes ago (honestly, the “finally” from Beerus is dumb either way. Vegeta should’ve said it, and it would’ve had meaning if we’d seen their struggle). And no, Whis had not been training them for this off-screen; Vegeta’s flashback to Resurrection F ironically proved it. Even if they had, that’s not enough to make it feel like Goku’s achieving something he’s struggled for. The audience should’ve seen that.

Basically, we don’t need to watch the process of Goku slowly pulling this out of his ass. They’re just wasting time. That all could’ve been cut down into a few minutes. ESPECIALLY since this all happened in 30 seconds of real time or less anyway, so there’s no point in dragging it out. The whole arc is a mess and the concept of Ultra Instinct was wasted.

Just because you keep on saying this is another Super Saiyan form doesn't make it true, I like how you say that we didn't need to see Goku master any aspect of UI while at the same time saying the writers didn't show any of the struggle of Goku earning. This has pretty much been the entire freaking point of the tournament and this episode. This tournament is over 30 episodes long, for at least 19 of those episodes, Goku and Vegeta have been pushing themselves to earn UI, we didn't need to see any training with Whis specifically for this form, because this arc served as Goku's journey to earn and master UI. I don't understand how you cans say otherwise.

Narratively, espicially in relation to Goku, everything that happens in order to achieve UI is of the most utter importantance, and thats why we had so much of Goku trying to achieve UI in this arc and episode. Its because this arc is about Goku earning that form in the course of this tournament.

We should’ve seen him training for it before the tournament started. Whis describes Goku’s transition to pure instinct perfectly. That’s what we should’ve been seeing Goku and Vegeta try to accomplish all throughout Super. As it stands, it’s just an explanation for Dragon Ball’s biggest asspull yet. While that’s better than nothing, being “better than nothing” doesn’t make it good. Those 19 episodes took place in about 15 minutes of real time, which is completely ridiculous. And Goku hasn’t been “trying” to do jack squat. He’s just been getting his ass kicked and randomly popping back into the form whenever he’s about to lose. That’s not a “journey.” We don’t see Goku struggle to achieve it. He hardly even thinks about it (I’m aware that this might sound contradictory to the concept; however, it’s not. It was a new experience, so he should be trying to remember how it felt). It’s just handed to him whenever he needs a get out of jail free card. Ultra Instinct answered a transformation quota and nothing more. It brought nothing new to the way Goku and Vegeta approach their training and ambitions.


Ultra Instinct is far from an asspull in my eyes (I think the title for that so far in Super definitely goes to Rage Trunks). Yes Goku achieved it quickly and time is completely screwed up in this arc, but I feel Ultra Instinct was earned. Goku and Vegeta HAVE been training for this all arc. There was even some very sneaky foreshadowing of this in the very first Beerus fight on King Kais planet where Goku's body moves on his own to avoid Beerus attack and they both comment how wierd that was.

I think Vegeta gave some great context to all the Saiyan powerups as well. The ToP is probably the most stressful environments these guys have been in, stakes are high and there very survival is at hand. It's just a general thing that people can surpass their limits when pushed to the brink and that's what we're seeing here.

Not to mention it clearly has limits which were good to see (how exhausted he was after Kefla and the intense heat making it impossible to sustain against Jiren). It also had the weakness of not being to land a powerful attack due to the thinking of attacking. Plus all of Whis explanation and Ultra Instinct is perhaps the best explained transformation we've ever had (although I don't think SSG and SSB had poor explanations by any means).

User avatar
8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:36 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby 8bitdee » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:57 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
8bitdee wrote:Goku seemed kinda “emotionless” in a few of his transformations. It’s the intimidation factor. When SSJ and SSJ3 First appeared, Goku had his serious face on. Depending on where the series goes after this arc, we might have to wait before we see a more comical/normal view of his transformation.


Kinda but not entirely. When he fought Frieza he had his "serious face" on but he was fueled by anger and it came across during the fight via his actions and his speech. He also got cocky when he saw that Frieza was no longer a match for him and looked down on him. He had character.
Against Fat Buu he was actually had a fun and was smiling and making jokes, he was shocked and impressed by Buu's power. He was at a new level but his personality had not changed at all.

Next episode looks like it's gonna be a proper fight with Goku struggling but I want to see him talk and his personality come across, rather than him being silent the whole time because he's "no longer thinking" so he has no time to process thought or show emotion.

User avatar
Draconic
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1857
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:44 pm
Location: Romania

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby Draconic » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Artorias wrote:This is the kind of episode that is probably going to get an unfortunate amount of hate due to the heavy amount of reused animation. It really is a great episode in damn near EVERY aspect except that reuse, so I hope the diehards can look past it and still remember the amazing moments, visuals, and dialogue this gave us.

Seriously, that Whis monologue was beautiful and deserves recognition, as does the incredible direction and storyboard that helped cover up the lacking amount of new animation.

The Whis speech is honestly the only sequence of reused animation I have 0 issues with. It's an almost identical sequence of events with the speech he gives in 110, only that the subtle touch of Goku having his eyes closed and the tone of the speech moving from the wonderous, but quite bleak one of 110, to this almost triumphant one, serving to showcase how far Goku's gotten and the fact that this is basically the same situation, but different all the same.

If it weren't for the fact that it is not the only repurposed piece of action (though unlike the others it's the only one repurposed in it's entirety), I'd have even went as far to say it was actually an intentional parallel drawn between the scenes. As it stands, though, it's probably just a happy accident that the two moments compliment each other so well.
English is not my first language !

My breakdown of the new and old transformations. Hope to update it soon with many others!

User avatar
Freeza9000
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1437
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:51 am
Location: Outside of time

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby Freeza9000 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:22 pm

Apparently, Ultra Instinct is Dragon Ball's "biggest asspull" has yet to offer apparently. Just goes to show how utterly dense this fanbase is.

User avatar
Extreme_kai
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:45 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby Extreme_kai » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:24 pm

OverHeaven wrote:Image
Am I the only one who got extremely triggered by this? It was mentioned here before but this further proves that Toei are taking the fans for total idiots. Sure let's accepts that everyone somehow forgot about Frieza at the same time, but this idiot was looking straight at the GodPad with his own eyes and still pretend like it's only Jiren and Goku who're left. And they purposely didn't show Frieza's icon, so sad :lol: How desperate can you be.
Sure Zenos are stupid, but not to this point and you know it. Even 10 years old kids who are this show is supposedly directed at should be aware of Frieza.

The worst part is that when Frieza appear, they'll probably make all characters look surprised at this sudden "twist" God that is going to be too cringy.


You're not the only one triggered by that scene. I feel like my intelligence is being insulted everytime I see it.

Exline wrote:
Mind me asking what your series? I've become interested in most fan works as opposed to broadcasted shows. They seem like such cash-grabs but fan works seem to have more thought put into it.
Your work sounds daunting since you do so much for one episode. I don't think reusing animation is terrible, but it has to be done right. This episode reused it poorly.


Sure, I'll send you a Pm. I'd rather not plug my unrelated animation channel in this thread.

freak27
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:48 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby freak27 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:58 pm

Why Goku sounds like hes drinking coke through a straw, when he takes deep breaths in the episode?

How stupid was that?i mean c mon!

Dbzfan94
I Live Here
Posts: 4195
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:12 pm

freak27 wrote:Why Goku sounds like hes drinking coke through a straw, when he takes deep breaths in the episode?

How stupid was that?i mean c mon!


i thought the same thing, like what was he slurping?
Supreme Kai: Who are you people?! Don't you know the universe matters more than your meaningless squabble?!

Majin Vegeta: MEANINGLESS, HUH?! WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF MEANINGLESS!? Spend most of your life ruled by another! Watch your race dwindle to a handful! AND THEN, tell me what has more meaning then your own strength! I have in me the blood of a Saiyan prince. He is nothing but a joke! Yet I've had to watch him surpass me in strength, my destiny thrown to the wayside! He's...He's even saved my life like I were a helpless child...He has stolen my honor, and his debts...must be paid!

freak27
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:48 pm

Re: Super Episode 129 (4 March 2018)

Postby freak27 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:18 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
freak27 wrote:Why Goku sounds like hes drinking coke through a straw, when he takes deep breaths in the episode?

How stupid was that?i mean c mon!


i thought the same thing, like what was he slurping?


Sometimes I wonder if they cant understand how weird/stupid their sound effects are!!


Return to “Episode Discussion Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests