Dragon Ball Super in Romanian

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DiamondX

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Romanian

Post by DiamondX » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:20 pm

wjbraden wrote:Did anyone tune in to see if it was dubbed or subbed?
Yes. It was subbed.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:02 am

Missed the second episode too! It's way too freaking early. I am either leaving home when it's starting or just waking up when it's ending. I'll try to catch the third one tommorow.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:13 am

Draconic wrote:Missed the second episode too! It's way too freaking early. I am either leaving home when it's starting or just waking up when it's ending. I'll try to catch the third one tommorow.
Huh. You're romanian?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:11 am

DiamondX wrote:
Draconic wrote:Missed the second episode too! It's way too freaking early. I am either leaving home when it's starting or just waking up when it's ending. I'll try to catch the third one tommorow.
Huh. You're romanian?
Yup.

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:36 am

I finally got to watch today's episode (episode 3). It seems okay, but one thing that bugs me is the way they say "Super Saiyan". They say it "Supersaiyan".

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:57 am

Except that Supersaiyan oddity, the subs are also full of dubbisms. Tien and King Kai coming of the top of my head. Pretty sad to see the subs tainted by those Funimationisms.

Other than that they look pretty accurate. It's not until a couple more episodes come out where some inconsistencies popped up in translation originally, so it will be interesting to see if those pop up here and basically reveal the source they're working off of.

Hopefully it's the offical version, but that Supersaiyan stuff has me a little worried :lol:

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:07 am

Draconic wrote:Except that Supersaiyan oddity, the subs are also full of dubbisms. Tien and King Kai coming of the top of my head. Pretty sad to see the subs tainted by those Funimationisms.

Other than that they look pretty accurate. It's not until a couple more episodes come out where some inconsistencies popped up in translation originally, so it will be interesting to see if those pop up here and basically reveal the source they're working off of.

Hopefully it's the offical version, but that Supersaiyan stuff has me a little worried :lol:
Funny how the website used "Majin Boo" which made me think they are using the japanese names.

"Zeul Supersaiyan" is gonna look pretty wierd not gonna lie. Didn't they also have "Super Saiyan" on the website?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:39 am

Honestly, I think "Zeul Super Saiyan" is fine. Super's forms were always going to sound weird, but I prefere it to "Super Saiyan Zeu" or something line that. Flows better. Why they went with Super Saiyan being on word baffles me.

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:28 am

Seems like it's the original, not the Blue Ray version.

Episode 5 helped a lot in seeing which version it was.

Also, the schedule makes absolutely no sense.

This week it airs from Monday-Thursday, and the episode on Firday is on Sundsy indtead.

Next week it airs on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and another episode is on Sunday.

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:45 am

Well, tomorrow the Goku Black Saga starts if anyone else is watching it.

Honestly, I don't get whu they didn't dub it. It feels like a missed opportunity.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:42 pm

DiamondX wrote: Honestly, I don't get whu they didn't dub it. It feels like a missed opportunity.
I wish it was dubbed too, either by Fast Production Film or BTI Oradea.

Those studios could have dubbed Z too because they both are active since 2001 but I guess a voice-over was less expensive for TVR1.

If that dub were produced by BTI, I can imagine Richard Balint as Goku, Petre Ghimbasan as Vegeta, Florian Silaghi as either Whis or Krillin, Anca Sigmirean as Bulma, Sebastian Lupu as Frieza and Ion Ruscut as either Mr. Satan or the Narrator.

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:14 am

Tian wrote:
DiamondX wrote: Honestly, I don't get whu they didn't dub it. It feels like a missed opportunity.

Those studios could have dubbed Z too because they both are active since 2001 but I guess a voice-over was less expensive for TVR1.

If that dub were produced by BTI, I can imagine Richard Balint as Goku, Petre Ghimbasan as Vegeta, Florian Silaghi as either Whis or Krillin, Anca Sigmirean as Bulma, Sebastian Lupu as Frieza and Ion Ruscut as either Mr. Satan or the Narrator.
Well, the channel it airs on now had every show subbed. And I suppose DBS isn't kid friendly enough for Cartoon Network where it could get a dub.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:01 pm

Tian wrote:

I think a great voice for Goku would be Andrei Duban. He has voicework experience, is funny, has that childish demeanor that's spot-on, but could pull off the serious scenes as well.
Florian Silaghi as Whis is a terrific choice, but I can't really see (hear?) him as Krillin. Pavel Zurbău is my choice for the baldie.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:07 pm

Draconic wrote: I think a great voice for Goku would be Andrei Duban. He has voicework experience, is funny, has that childish demeanor that's spot-on, but could pull off the serious scenes as well.
Florian Silaghi as Whis is a terrific choice, but I can't really see (hear?) him as Krillin. Pavel Zurbău is my choice for the baldie.
1. He could be a good choice. I remember him as Andy from What's with Andy? and he was great there.
2. I also wanted Paul to be Krillin but sadly he currently lives in Coimbra (Portugal) for his studies, so I had to rule him out.

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:03 am

Tian wrote:
Draconic wrote: I think a great voice for Goku would be Andrei Duban. He has voicework experience, is funny, has that childish demeanor that's spot-on, but could pull off the serious scenes as well.
1. He could be a good choice. I remember him as Andy from What's with Andy? and he was great there.
2. I also wanted Paul to be Krillin but sadly he currently lives in Coimbra (Portugal) for his studies, so I had to rule him out.
As much as I like these options, I'm afraid we would need more voices and some characters I can't really think who would voice (Hit, Beerus, Cabba, Future Trunks and so on).

I honestly would love if at least the movie got dubbed so we would know how a cast would be like, but it may not even get shown here.

DiamondX

Post by DiamondX » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:29 am

"Supersaiyan trandafiriu"

Why did they translate it?