Was a new transformation really necessary for Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Was a new transformation really necessary for Goku?

Post by majinwarman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:I just want to see Goku fight Beerus with it before Super ends.
Unless you want a 2 minute fight it wont happen considering the series has 2 episodes left.
I know but it was one of my hopes for how Super was going to end before I heard about Super ending.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:28 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:^ It's crazy how much hype UI was getting, only for Goku to still lose anyway. Great job of making MUI Goku look weak in the end lol

This is 100% going to impact merch sales of MUI Goku IMO, and I hope someone from Toei reads this and realizes why.

Goku never getting a big win in Super is unacceptable.

Somewhere along the way, Toriyama/Toei completely completely lost the plot when it came to MUI Goku vs Jiren.

All this shine for one of the most boring bland characters ever in Dragon Ball in Jiren, at the expense of Goku.

I have to agree with this thread now. What was the point of MUI if Goku was still going to lose anyway? Just awful and disappointing. It is so much worse to give Goku this hyped form and have him still lose, then to just not give him anything

But hey. I'm just not going to watch 130 and 131 anymore. I'm going to show Toei my displeasure with my viewership and wallet

They had a perfect opportunity to make MUI Goku look as badass as SS1 yet dropped the ball massively

Imagine if Goku still lost to Frieza after getting SS1.. yet that's what's happening here for MUI Goku. Totally unacceptable
You know what, i fully FULLY agree with you mate! It seems like you and i have the same mindset in a lot of things! Lol

I hope the Ultra Instinct Goku toys will NOT sell well just to show them a lesson! That will teach Toei and Toriyama for messing with the fans.

They’re hyping up this form to the fans only to have it lose, Yet they expect the fans to financially support them by buying this form’s Merch!???? I didn’t think so. I believe in justice!
100% with you my brother

This quote really NAILS it for me

"""Goku going from being weaker than 50% of Frieza to completely dominating him within 5 minutes was bullshit. But we love it because it's really cool and satisfying. The fact is, whether you like it or not, Goku has attained Mastered UI, the strongest form ever seen in the entire series and it's been heavily built up to make you an untouchable god. It's been hyped to oblivion, and Goku's there. And yet he's still going to lose to a guy with no personality who's strong because "he doesn't rely on others"? It's the biggest blue balls in series history. I seriously hope they're misdirecting us with these spoilers because I'm gonna be so disappointed if Jiren straight up beats Goku after all this and then Frieza swoops in and anticlimactically wins the tournament. Goku hasn't beat a main antagonist since Buu and the series is ending, I just want the good guys to win for once dammit!""

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:17 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:^ It's crazy how much hype UI was getting, only for Goku to still lose anyway. Great job of making MUI Goku look weak in the end lol

This is 100% going to impact merch sales of MUI Goku IMO, and I hope someone from Toei reads this and realizes why.

Somewhere along the way, Toriyama/Toei completely completely lost the plot when it came to MUI Goku vs Jiren.

All this shine for one of the most boring bland characters ever in Dragon Ball in Jiren, at the expense of Goku.

I have to agree with this thread now. What was the point of MUI if Goku was still going to lose anyway? Just awful and disappointing. It is so much worse to give Goku this hyped form and have him still lose, then to just not give him anything

But hey. I'm just not going to watch 130 and 131 anymore. I'm going to show Toei my displeasure with my viewership and wallet

They had a perfect opportunity to make MUI Goku look as badass as SS1 yet dropped the ball massively

Imagine if Goku still lost to Frieza after getting SS1.. yet that's what's happening here for MUI Goku. Totally unacceptable
You know what, i fully FULLY agree with you mate! It seems like you and i have the same mindset in a lot of things! Lol

I hope the Ultra Instinct Goku toys will NOT sell well just to show them a lesson! That will teach Toei and Toriyama for messing with the fans.

They’re hyping up this form to the fans only to have it lose, Yet they expect the fans to financially support them by buying this form’s Merch!???? I didn’t think so. I believe in justice!
100% with you my brother

This quote really NAILS it for me

"""Goku going from being weaker than 50% of Frieza to completely dominating him within 5 minutes was bullshit. But we love it because it's really cool and satisfying. The fact is, whether you like it or not, Goku has attained Mastered UI, the strongest form ever seen in the entire series and it's been heavily built up to make you an untouchable god. It's been hyped to oblivion, and Goku's there. And yet he's still going to lose to a guy with no personality who's strong because "he doesn't rely on others"? It's the biggest blue balls in series history. I seriously hope they're misdirecting us with these spoilers because I'm gonna be so disappointed if Jiren straight up beats Goku after all this and then Frieza swoops in and anticlimactically wins the tournament. Goku hasn't beat a main antagonist since Buu and the series is ending, I just want the good guys to win for once dammit!""
That’s exactly how i think brother!

I don’t really care wether our main characters (Goku and Vegeta in this case) get random, unexplained powerups. They’re Saiyans afterall with the potential, what’s more, they’re already on God Level. I like it because it’s cool and awesome. And since Goku has already attained MUI, he MUST win from someone as insignificant as Jiren. Regardless of wether people like the fact that he mastered UI or not, is irrelevant here.

For a Saiyan, it makes sense, because they have been portrayed to have this infinite potential since the start of the series! No other character of the main cast has! That includes 17 who now randomly gets ridiculous powerups all for the sake of plot. He’s no Saiyan bro!

This is a show about strength, about ability and technique, and mostly.... About EVOLUTION! And that’s exactly what i like about this series! Constant Growth for the Saiyans. Striving to become better, to become more, to become Higher, to become what no one else can. I want the gap between Goku and Vegeta to everyone else to become unbridgeable. That is my ultimate Goal. To keep things as simple and economic as possible. In the end, i want them to surpass even the Omni-King! I want them to have no rivals and become untouchable! I seek “completion” i seek “closure” i seek “maximum” and i seek for them to eliminate all competition in the end. But until that time, they are going to need it to evolve (and have fun fighting along the way too ofcourse).

I’m sure you’d like that too, hence your username “ZenkaiBoosts!” Such an awesome concept isn’t it?!

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:15 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:

Bro, forgive me if I say it, but you were talking on these forums about the past couple of episodes like they were the best thing ever ,like they came from God himself, you made thousands of posts, to the point where people were starting to reporter you to the mods, and now you're just gonna drop Super in the final 2 episodes?? With the overwhelming amout of praise you gave to this show throughout this past weeks it just seems childish to stop watching because you don't agree with a narrative decision. I too think it's a bullshit ending, but you're kinda overreacting a bit
This is a response in bad faith and seems more of a personal attack or personal query, then anything to do with the topic. You exaggerating my character and posts, or even calling me childesh was also not welcomed or appreciated by me Vegeta. I dont ever attack you and even helped you out with your questions about music. Thank you.
Good God, this response sounds even more childish. Bad faith Personal attack? Yeah, no, at all. I noticed an overreaction coming from someone who I never expected to react like that due to his praise posts (which I didn't exaggerate in the slightest) and I pointed it out. That's it. That's all there is to it. But you had to go all like "I did you a favor in the music etc.." well I thanked you for that, and guess What's more mate: I defended your ass when all the community was against you, so by your logic you're also not supposed to respond to me the way you did. If I wanted to attack you, don't you think I would have done it when the whole site was attacking and reporting you? But no, I defended you because I thought you were in the right in the same way I think that you're wrong now. I don't want to attack you personally, you're even in my friend's list for fuck' sake
Last edited by Vegeta_Sama on Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:41 am

Lol Goku beat Nink's ass in like a split second, and y'allz are complaining that he never wins these days. Smh...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:22 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:This is a response in bad faith and seems more of a personal attack or personal query, then anything to do with the topic. You exaggerating my character and posts, or even calling me childesh was also not welcomed or appreciated by me Vegeta. I dont ever attack you and even helped you out with your questions about music. Thank you.
This post makes little sense in light of the previous administration response that directly addressed your own formal report made in bad faith. Your account standing is on thin ice.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Good God, this response sounds even more childish. Bad faith Personal attack? Yeah, no, at all. I noticed an overreaction coming from someone who I never expected to react like that due to his praise posts (which I didn't exaggerate in the slightest) and I pointed it out. That's it. That's all there is to it. But you had to go all like "I did you a favor in the music etc.." well I thanked you for that, and guess What's more mate: I defended your ass when all the community was against you, so by your logic you're also not supposed to respond to me the way you did. If I wanted to attack you, don't you think I would have done it when the whole site was attacking and reporting you? But no, I defended you because I thought you were in the right in the same way I think that you're wrong now. I don't want to attack you personally, you're even in my friend's list for fuck' sake
This kind of response is unacceptable and in violation of the spirit of our community guidelines. A strike has been issued against your account.
Saturnine wrote:Lol Goku beat Nink's ass in like a split second, and y'allz are complaining that he never wins these days. Smh...
This is not a particularly worthwhile post.

All members are encouraged to review the community guidelines and strive for something more.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:41 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Good God, this response sounds even more childish. Bad faith Personal attack? Yeah, no, at all. I noticed an overreaction coming from someone who I never expected to react like that due to his praise posts (which I didn't exaggerate in the slightest) and I pointed it out. That's it. That's all there is to it. But you had to go all like "I did you a favor in the music etc.." well I thanked you for that, and guess What's more mate: I defended your ass when all the community was against you, so by your logic you're also not supposed to respond to me the way you did. If I wanted to attack you, don't you think I would have done it when the whole site was attacking and reporting you? But no, I defended you because I thought you were in the right in the same way I think that you're wrong now. I don't want to attack you personally, you're even in my friend's list for fuck' sake
This kind of response is unacceptable and in violation of the spirit of our community guidelines. A strike has been issued against your account.

All members are encouraged to review the community guidelines and strive for something more.
I love me some strikes baby, keep em coming
Get Fucked, C_unt