Who was the worst Big Bad in Super in your opinion?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: Who was the worst Big Bad in Super in your opinion?

Post by Cetra » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Beerus.

No, "its his job" is no excuse, especially not if he destroys out of whim but that he can hide behind his title is what makes it so bad. Also how everyone has to be careful around him because he exploits his title so much. That he met Goku was one of the safest things for the universe because it apparently changed him a lot. His destructive nature is not really better than Zamasu. Zamasu is just the "outright villlain-type", that is all. That Champa even stated that the mortals are pawns for his and Beerus' game shows what assholes the Destroyers are.

Of course I see the good and funny side of them as well. I just don't give them the "you're free of guilt" card.

That is if we see "worst" when it comes to the attitude and nature. If you mean the whole "fit the bill" thing, et cetera, as this thread seems to mean as in "inappropriate representation of an antagonist when it comes to the expectations of a villain guy", then Jiren.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Jiren really isn’t a villain. He’s like the least evil villain since Jackie Chun. Even Tenshinhan was an overall more Evil character during his arc. Jiren’s just a hero who happens to have goals that undermine the protagonist.

Zeno is more of a villain.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:03 pm

I wouldn't really consider copy Vegeta a big bad. He is just a filler character who showed up for like 2 episodes. The big bads of Super for each arc are
1. Beerus
2. Frieza
3. Hit
4. Zamasu
6. Jiren

Out of those Jiren or Hit would be the lowest. I mean everyone is hating on Jiren because he has no personality, but Hit isn't much better. I actually like both of them, but they just don't have the level of characterization of Beerus, Frieza, or Zamasu.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Can Jiren even classified as a "Big Bad"? I mean, yeah, he can be an asshole and he's an arrogant martial artists in series that prides itself in having many arrogant martial artists, but I wouldn't label anything he's done so far as villainous enough to put him in the same league as the King Piccolo, Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta, Freeza, Cell or Majin Boo, who would be very the "Big Bad's" of their respective arcs.
He's the main antagonist, so he's still the big bad, even if he isn't evil

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:16 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Helios518 wrote: You certainly are entitled to your opinion but half of those characters aren’t “Big Bads” and all of them (even Geran ) has a personality.
Why do you insist on calling him Geran? :lol: Is your auto correct constantly playing pranks on you, or do you have a reason?
It's a consistency thing. Using "Jiren" is like using "Bejita" instead of "Vegeta". I even clarified with Herms if it's a good translation to his name (look at my signature).
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:21 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Can Jiren even classified as a "Big Bad"? I mean, yeah, he can be an asshole and he's an arrogant martial artists in series that prides itself in having many arrogant martial artists, but I wouldn't label anything he's done so far as villainous enough to put him in the same league as the King Piccolo, Raditz, Nappa, Vegeta, Freeza, Cell or Majin Boo, who would be very the "Big Bad's" of their respective arcs.
He's the main antagonist, so he's still the big bad, even if he isn't evil
Only in the sense that he’s the last character Goku needs to fight. Zeno is the main cause of the conflict. Neither are evil.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Helios518 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Helios518 wrote: You certainly are entitled to your opinion but half of those characters aren’t “Big Bads” and all of them (even Geran ) has a personality.
Why do you insist on calling him Geran? :lol: Is your auto correct constantly playing pranks on you, or do you have a reason?
It's a consistency thing. Using "Jiren" is like using "Bejita" instead of "Vegeta". I even clarified with Herms if it's a good translation to his name (look at my signature).
Oh... I should have noticed the signature :lol: :lol:
Get Fucked, C_unt

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Probably Zamasu. A large part of that is because while the idea of a character becoming evil was interesting, there was a certain rush feeling I had in how quickly things were going and it just didn't come off as natural to me.

I love Goku Black though.

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Freeza. I knew the moment the F movie was announced that i'd hate it, and I did. Bringing the most infamous and popular villian of all DB back for one movie just to kill him again was terrible.

Think of how much more wonderful it'd have been had the first time we've seen him since his death at the hands of Trunks being the episode where Goku goes to make the ToP tournament deal and get him out of Hell.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:28 pm

Illusions of the past villains.
I was honestly expecting more from them.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:35 pm

Jiren.

Just Jiren.

My God, he is probably the most boring, bland and dumb antagonist in Dragon Ball. He has my award for biggest sandbagger in fiction lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."