Will the SUPER Manga continue past the ToP arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Avenant
Beyond Newbie

Will the SUPER Manga continue past the ToP arc?

Post by Avenant » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:47 am

Considering the comments by Toriyama and Toyotaro published on the DB-movie 20 website in the past few hours,

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2018/03/12/of ... a-comment/

It definitely sounds like Toyotaro could be continuing the Manga past the ToP arc. If not too differently, at least by including the DB-movie 20 story in Manga form.

What do you think? I'm also very excited to see how different the Manga will be with the ToP, as Toriyama said it would!

[spoiler]I think there will also be story developments different from the TV show and the movie, so please look forward to that as well. - Toriyama[/spoiler]

[spoiler]With that in mind :) the comic will continue as a comic :) - Toyotaro[/spoiler]

I'd love to know everyone's thoughts and theories!
"Tell me, is it slavery if you get what you want?"

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Will the SUPER Manga continue past the ToP arc?

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 am

Why did you make a separate topic for this? People came to a conclusion in the manga post.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:31 am

mute_proxy wrote: Why did you make a separate topic for this? People came to a conclusion in the manga post.
Why not? There is only one thread for the manga and all the replies makes it really cluttered.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:37 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:
mute_proxy wrote: Why did you make a separate topic for this? People came to a conclusion in the manga post.
Why not? There is only one thread for the manga and all the replies makes it really cluttered.
Because the answer is yes, and that's it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:01 am

I think his words can be looked at in more than one way :

1- The manga will continue adapting Toriyama's stories but change things up like what its been doing.

2- The manga will move ahead of the anime and movie after the TOP so we can get a glimps at what's to come once the anime returns.

3- The least likely, the manga will continue after the TOP in its own direction while Toriyama and the anime/movies will do their own thing. I think this'll be the best thing cause it'll give us even more content to enjoy alongside what Toriyama's doing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Avenant
Beyond Newbie

Post by Avenant » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:44 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
PsionicWarrior wrote:
Because the answer is yes, and that's it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I wanted a separate discussion that I could keep up with. It's not inappropriate, is it? There are 21,158 replies in the Manga thread. This is much more concise for a specific Manga question.

Avenant
Beyond Newbie

Post by Avenant » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:47 pm

sintzu wrote:I think his words can be looked at in more than one way :

1- The manga will continue adapting Toriyama's stories but change things up like what its been doing.

2- The manga will move ahead of the anime and movie after the TOP so we can get a glimps at what's to come once the anime returns.

3- The least likely, the manga will continue after the TOP in its own direction while Toriyama and the anime/movies will do their own thing. I think this'll be the best thing cause it'll give us even more content to enjoy alongside what Toriyama's doing.
I think the first one is most likely. I don't think Toyotaro would ever stray from Toriyama's direction unless he is no longer wanting to be involved or passes away, either of which I hope doesn't happen for along time haha

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Avenant wrote:I think the first one is most likely. I don't think Toyotaro would ever stray from Toriyama's direction unless he is no longer wanting to be involved or passes away, either of which I hope doesn't happen for along time haha
It depends on what everyone involved wants to do. Maybe Toyotaro's stories moving forward will be set between Toriyama's, that way they'll get two for the price of one.

In terms of Toriyama, from the interview it seems like he's in for the long run which is great as I think he's building up to giving DB a real conclusion with all possible questions answered, not something open ended like what he did before where things just stop and feel incomplete.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:22 pm

I hope it does. The manga generally avoids many of the critiques I have toward certain parts of the story, such as the Goku Black mystery identity plot being removed. I remember one of my colleagues saying that the manga would have a 100 chapters before this arc was revealed to be the end of the anime. I can only hope his prediction comes to pass.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:00 am

sintzu wrote:I think his words can be looked at in more than one way :

1 is confirmed for sure. Who knows if 2 will happen.
3 is the worst case scenario

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:15 pm

Well, the Manga thread got locked. That sucks. Can we use this one instead?
Get Fucked, C_unt

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:Well, the Manga thread got locked. That sucks. Can we use this one instead?
Not a good idea,does it really hurt to wait for Viz to translate it, the discussion will be better once we get the full thing.
    Off course the manga will continue when the Top, didn't Toriyama mentioned that when he discussing about the movie.
    Mostly active on discord.

Big Black Sayian
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Maybe. Then again this arc probably won't finish until next year. Won't know for awhile unless they say something

DBZ_Lee
    Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Toriyama-Sensei has already confirmed it's going to continue after ToP, and it will adapt the movie in a different way, also.

Dragon Ball Super comic drawn by Toyotaro (on sale now up through volume 5!) will keep on going as-is. I think there will also be story developments different from the TV show and the movie, so please look forward to that as well. I will be, too!

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Tenshinhan did good against Frost. You can't complain really.

Krillin on the other hand... :lol:

prince212
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:07 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:Toriyama-Sensei has already confirmed it's going to continue after ToP, and it will adapt the movie in a different way, also.

Dragon Ball Super comic drawn by Toyotaro (on sale now up through volume 5!) will keep on going as-is. I think there will also be story developments different from the TV show and the movie, so please look forward to that as well. I will be, too!
    I wish your statement will become true , reading that translation of Toriyama s words I don’t get nothing about new stories , just different story developments .. but looks clear that at least , after top arc we will have movie content arc .
    That’s already something , one step more to say that we will have dbs manga for 1-2 years and hopefully to be release before tv anime in the future , because anime ahead means Manga contracts story ( with some changes to give you some minor differences ) , but manga ahead means anime expanding story , and that always works better
    It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Bullza
    Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:10 am

Well depending how long they drag this Tournament out, they could end the saga by the time the new movie comes out in December at which point the manga could then progress forward by retelling the movie.

It would a further 8 or maybe 9 chapters to cover the Tournament of Power.