What will be the Freeza's fate after the end of DBS?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

What will be the Freeza's fate after the end of DBS?

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:52 pm

Since his return, Freeza has expressed several times the desire to want to be the winner of the tournament and use the Super Dragon Balls to control the Gods.

With the spoilers confirming Goku's downfall and Freeza's stay in the arena, the emperor won that tournament became a much more plausible possibility (mainly because Jiren must be very worn out from the fight against Goku).
But with his desire for the SDBH in mind, Freeza's victory could potentially result in yet another emperor's reign, only now much more widely, which obviously would not be good for any of the Gods, mainly for Beerus (who is one of the main targets of Freeza)

So will the "miracle conclusion" of the tournament (as it says in the title of EP 131) would see a villain win and get a wish that gives him the ability to rule over everyone again, or else Freeza will surprise us and make a different wish? Or for some reason he will not get the SDBH?

Particularly, I believe that Freeza will really win this tournament, but what he's going to do after that intrigues me.
I also believe that somehow after the end of DBS, he will not go back to hell and rather will be wandering around the Universe, which already opens up loopholes so that they can explore it in the future without having to relive it again
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Re: What will be the fate of Freeza after the end of DBS?

Post by Doctor. » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:20 pm

Well, apparently Freeza still plays a role in the movie. Be it in flashbacks or an active role is up to anyone's guess, but I'm pretty sure this just signifies they won't put the character to rest for now. Modern DB has a tendency to try to include a Freeza reference or a tie-in to the lore surrounding him in every story arc.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:06 pm

Doctor. wrote:Modern DB has a tendency to try to include a Freeza reference or a tie-in to the lore surrounding him in every story arc.
Was classic DB different in that regard?

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:12 pm

He gets revived with the Earths Dragon Balls like Goku promised. Honestly, I want him to stick around as part of the team. If Vegeta can, then so can Freeza. I need his "ohohohoho" in my Dragon Ball life.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

GamerSkull
Regular

Re: What will be the Freeza's fate after the end of DBS?

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:56 pm

I would honestly hate it if Freeza became a mainstay in modern DB.

But... he probably will.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:59 pm

He would need to wish for resurrection first, there's no point in being stronger than the gods if your dead, and if he wastes the SDBs on resurrection he's going to get sent straight back to hell by an angry Goku or Vegeta. The smart thing for him to do would be to hand the SDBs over to Goku and trust him keep his word.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:50 pm

GamerSkull wrote:I would honestly hate it if Freeza became a mainstay in modern DB.

But... he probably will.
If he's brought back then he most likely will as I doubt they'll kill him off a THIRD time.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Lets say u7 wins but Goku gets the wish even though Freeza is the last one standing so freeza is sent back to hell. I think goku would revive freeza with the namekian dragonballs cause he is fascinated with freeza's potential and with his current level, no one outside of jiren or beerus could really test goku and freeza with a day in the ROSAT would probably be a formidable opponent for goku. Then goku beats him and kills him again

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:01 am

My guess is that he will wish for either immortality, power or position (as a God of Destruction or even above) while forgetting the fact that he is still technically dead...so he will get sent back to hell. Again.

Option B is that he wishes for everyone to be resurrected and by everyone, I mean EVERYONE including himself, his minions, Cell, Dabura, 17, the dude that killed Jiren's friends, all Universes (including the ones that Zeno destroyed before the tournament) and more. Imagine EVERYONE (heroes and bad guys alike) being in debt to Frieza of all people, it would definitely open the doors for future arcs.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Raphael_Z wrote:My guess is that he will wish for either immortality, power or position (as a God of Destruction or even above) while forgetting the fact that he is still technically dead...so he will get sent back to hell. Again.

Option B is that he wishes for everyone to be resurrected and by everyone, I mean EVERYONE including himself, his minions, Cell, Dabura, 17, the dude that killed Jiren's friends, all Universes (including the ones that Zeno destroyed before the tournament) and more. Imagine EVERYONE (heroes and bad guys alike) being in debt to Frieza of all people, it would definitely open the doors for future arcs.
I doubt he will be sent back to hell again after the news we've gotten about the movie exploring more of Freeza and the Saiyans. I think he will play a part in the movie.

I really like your option B. The Dragon Balls have always been mostly used to resurrect people, imagine if this time Freeza actually resurrects everyone he can possibly resurrect - that would be true chaos. I don't think this will happen either though.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical