Is episode 131 going to cause a lot of backlash ?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KidGoku>3
Beyond Newbie

Is episode 131 going to cause a lot of backlash ?

Post by KidGoku>3 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:09 pm

I have a feeling it will.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: Is episode 131 going to cause a lot of backlash ?

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:12 pm

Yes even though the result isn't anything new at this point and people should be used to it

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:12 pm

Just for being the final episode? Or for its content?

I don't think 131 will be too earth shattering outside of being the last episode, personally. Goku will win, the other universes will return in some form, etc.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:17 pm

No matter what ending they do, a group of people will get mad in some fashion. Although the total backlash, now that we know the movie will be after the ToP, may soften the blow on whatever happens.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:25 pm

We don’t even know who wins the ToP yet. People need to calm down and stop overreacting over a cartoon, especially when they don’t even know what the hell is going to happen.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:03 am

I think it depends on how they handle Goku's lose. I don't mind him losing but to lose so many times AND after getting a new form seems a bit much but like I said, it depends on what they do. I think it'll be somewhat acceptable if it has to do with bad luck like Roshi being taller than him or him just hitting the car first during the first 2 tournaments. If it's because Jiren is STILL stronger than that'll be overkill.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:17 am

Doubtful. Fans might praise it for being an unpredictable conclusion to the fight with Jiren (even though it is in actually quite the opposite).
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:57 am

PremiumSalt wrote:Just for being the final episode? Or for its content?

I don't think 131 will be too earth shattering outside of being the last episode, personally. Goku will win, the other universes will return in some form, etc.
[spoiler]The spoilers suggest Goku loses and fall out of the ring, which I think is probably going to cause some backlash[/spoiler]

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:58 am

Super could have Zeno break through the Fourth Wall and shit liquid gold into the Cheetos bowls of every single person glued to their computer screen for the show they seem to hate so much every week, and they'd still bitch about it being "inconsistent" or whatever.

Likewise, for the other extreme, Super could have the show end with Yugi summoning the Blue-Eyes White Dragon and having it use Inferno Fire Blast on Garurumon, only for it to be deflected into Freeza by a well-timed Batarang, and people would rant and rave about how this was such an excellent twist.

If there is going to be any actual discussion of any Super episode, it's not gonna be on the internet. I haven't see any, at least.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:17 am

Honestly...even though it's the ending I fully expected, I think it's hot trash. This series has been so fucking disrespectful to Goku. Toriyama should do a lava enema.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:19 am

GamerSkull wrote:Doubtful. Fans might praise it for being an unpredictable conclusion to the fight with Jiren (even though it is in actually quite the opposite).
Oh come on, not again this "it's actually predictable for Goku to lose now" exaggeration. He's not been getting clean wins for a few months and people are already ready to disregard that he has been for the last 30 years.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Honestly...even though it's the ending I fully expected, I think it's hot trash. This series has been so fucking disrespectful to Goku. Toriyama should do a lava enema.
Goku is not someone you "respect", he's someone you write to tell the best story you think you can tell, even if it doesn't involve expanding his portfolio of glorious victories.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:17 am

Every episode causes a lot of "backlash".

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:27 am

Does it matter? Backlash happens with every other episode of Super for some of the most minuscule reasons. And despite that, people get over it in a few days and continue to illegally stream the next episode.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:25 am

Will the last episode of Super cause even more backlash than episode 67?

I personally didn't have a problem with that episode. Even though my favourite character Zamasu was erased from existence (rest in peace), the sight of him getting his own back on those who underestimated him and transcending time and space was delicious. Sweet poetic justice! But episode 67 caused massive, MASSIVE, backlash amongst the community. There are episodes like 119 and 126 that cause backlash amongst the community, and then there is episode 67, that literally shook the community

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:29 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:But episode 67 caused massive, MASSIVE, backlash amongst the community.
But it really didn't. Some people cared and some people didn't. Life moved on and everyone kept watching the following week, the series' revenue continued to increase hand-over-foot, while an incredibly tiny minority of screamy internet people maybe occasionally said outlandish things that could be easily ignored.

This hyperbolic revisionist nonsense about non-existent hyperbolic nonsense really needs to stop. It paints such an insincere picture.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:08 am

So what if it does, though? I mean, what will the backlash truly achieve?

It's their last episode anyway, you will all watch it. Regardless if you liked it or hated it, you'll still watch the next movie. The merch will still sell. There's almost no chance that this can hurt the profitability or any future potential of the franchise.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:29 pm

Saturnine wrote:
GamerSkull wrote:Doubtful. Fans might praise it for being an unpredictable conclusion to the fight with Jiren (even though it is in actually quite the opposite).
Oh come on, not again this "it's actually predictable for Goku to lose now" exaggeration. He's not been getting clean wins for a few months and people are already ready to disregard that he has been for the last 30 years.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Honestly...even though it's the ending I fully expected, I think it's hot trash. This series has been so fucking disrespectful to Goku. Toriyama should do a lava enema.
Goku is not someone you "respect", he's someone you write to tell the best story you think you can tell, even if it doesn't involve expanding his portfolio of glorious victories.
Exactly!!! Out of the many villains of Z, Goku lost to:

-Raditz (killed alongside with him)
-Vegeta (he weakened Vegeta but in the end it was Oozaru Gohan the one who defeated him)
-Cell (forfeited the match but was gonna lose anyways)
-Super Boo w/Gohan Absorbed (kind of)

His only major wins were against Frieza and Kid Boo.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:22 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Even though my favourite character Zamasu was erased from existence (rest in peace), the sight of him getting his own back on those who underestimated him and transcending time and space was delicious. Sweet poetic justice!
Reading this makes it look like you actually support Zamasu's genocidal ideals :lol:
Last edited by Vegeta_Sama on Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:57 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:Rading this makes it look like you actually support Zamasu's genocidal ideals :lol:
#ZamasuDidNothingWrong
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."