Is episode 131 going to cause a lot of backlash ?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Is episode 131 going to cause a lot of backlash ?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:25 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote: Even though my favourite character Zamasu was erased from existence (rest in peace), the sight of him getting his own back on those who underestimated him and transcending time and space was delicious. Sweet poetic justice!
Reading this makes it look like you actually support Zamasu's genocidal ideals :lol:
Yeah, because the Grand Priest and the King of All are soooo much different.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:58 pm

sintzu wrote:I think it depends on how they handle Goku's lose. I don't mind him losing but to lose so many times AND after getting a new form seems a bit much but like I said, it depends on what they do. I think it'll be somewhat acceptable if it has to do with bad luck like Roshi being taller than him or him just hitting the car first during the first 2 tournaments. If it's because Jiren is STILL stronger than that'll be overkill.
I think MUI will run out.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:56 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote: Even though my favourite character Zamasu was erased from existence (rest in peace), the sight of him getting his own back on those who underestimated him and transcending time and space was delicious. Sweet poetic justice!
Reading this makes it look like you actually support Zamasu's genocidal ideals :lol:
Yeah, because the Grand Priest and the King of All are soooo much different.
Who said they were better? I certainly didn't. In my opinion they're actually even worse. At least with Zamasu, those he killed could live in peace in the afterlife, while Zeno completely wipes them out of existance.
Get Fucked, C_unt

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:55 pm

After reading the spoilers, I'm ready to hate on it. But I'll actually give it a chance to see how it plays out before going off on it
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:48 am

Saturnine wrote:
GamerSkull wrote:Doubtful. Fans might praise it for being an unpredictable conclusion to the fight with Jiren (even though it is in actually quite the opposite).
Oh come on, not again this "it's actually predictable for Goku to lose now" exaggeration. He's not been getting clean wins for a few months and people are already ready to disregard that he has been for the last 30 years.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Honestly...even though it's the ending I fully expected, I think it's hot trash. This series has been so fucking disrespectful to Goku. Toriyama should do a lava enema.
Goku is not someone you "respect", he's someone you write to tell the best story you think you can tell, even if it doesn't involve expanding his portfolio of glorious victories.
"people are already ready to disregard that he has been for the last 30 years."

But...he hasn't. Where on earth does this mentality come from? What franchise has everyone been watching these past 30 years? Goku LOSES almost as often as he wins. Straight up, if you actually count the battles. So where do people get this bizarre, and frankly incorrect, concept that "Goku always wins"? It's just not true, never has been true, and CERTAINLY in Super isn't true. In fact, it's pretty much the exact opposite nowadays.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:59 am

Artorias wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
GamerSkull wrote:Doubtful. Fans might praise it for being an unpredictable conclusion to the fight with Jiren (even though it is in actually quite the opposite).
Oh come on, not again this "it's actually predictable for Goku to lose now" exaggeration. He's not been getting clean wins for a few months and people are already ready to disregard that he has been for the last 30 years.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Honestly...even though it's the ending I fully expected, I think it's hot trash. This series has been so fucking disrespectful to Goku. Toriyama should do a lava enema.
Goku is not someone you "respect", he's someone you write to tell the best story you think you can tell, even if it doesn't involve expanding his portfolio of glorious victories.

But...he hasn't. Where on earth does this mentality come from? What franchise has everyone been watching these past 30 years? Goku LOSES almost as often as he wins. Straight up, if you actually count the battles. So where do people get this bizarre, and frankly incorrect, concept that "Goku always wins"? It's just not true, never has been true, and CERTAINLY in Super isn't true. In fact, it's pretty much the exact opposite nowadays.
I'm telling you, I'm just as lost as you are as to wtf people are watching for them to come to that conclusion he "always wins". Like WHAT THE HELL... :crazy:

Somebody needs to create a thread just to count how many times he's won and lost and just debunk this notion entirely. He quite certainly does not get a clean, self-done win "all the time".

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:31 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
Artorias wrote:
Saturnine wrote:

I'm telling you, I'm just as lost as you are as to wtf people are watching for them to come to that conclusion he "always wins". Like WHAT THE HELL... :crazy:

Somebody needs to create a thread just to count how many times he's won and lost and just debunk this notion entirely. He quite certainly does not get a clean, self-done win "all the time".
Exactly, yes to all of that.

It's just so frustrating, because I'm sitting over here STARVING for Goku to actually do something of significance in Super, and then when he fails in the final fight for the FIFTH time in a row, I hear nothing but praise that "Goku 'finally' didn't get the win". I just don't get it and I never will.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:50 am

I think that's because people forget to separate the canon and non-canon elements of the franchise. Goku always won and saved the day in the theatricals and GT. In the main series like you said, it hasn't always been true, but many people (even around here) insist that theatricals, GT and games are just important and count just as much as the original manga, or that the series doesn't have a designated canon. This is obviously wrong and harmful - the subject of our discussion being a prime example why.

But even if you disregard this, you can't underestimate the role that Toei's original material contributed to building the image of a Goku that always wins.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:50 pm

Reading this thread now after ep 130 has aired is pretty funny, the summaries made it sound like Goku flat out lost out of the ring which didn't happen. :lol:

As long as ep 131 isn't too rushed, which it might be, it should be good