"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by majinwarman » Fri May 18, 2018 9:01 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
A Man named RJ wrote:
cuartas wrote:I like the second goku design better, his ups surpasses his downs, I have a complaint in the neck area though, it's too thin to be honest, it doesn't keep consistency with the other muscles in a guy that works out
But it makes him look younger, and more spryly, something I'm very fond of for Goku who is a Grandpa at this point.
Well, they have been saying for years that Saiyans are much older than they look, so I don't really see a problem here. It's in line with the lore.
But, I can see why people are freaked out by Goku looking younger.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 pm

After seeing how the designs are turning out, I think they would work much better on more cartoonish sceneries like the Full Color Volumes and OVA 2008 than on highly realistic sutff like what we got in the teaser.

Looking back to the teaser, Goku simple design doesn't blend well with the background.
It looks okay, but the contrast of a simple design with a realistic background doesn't make it the best approach.

Rally 07
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rally 07 » Sat May 19, 2018 1:25 pm

Looking at the new character sheets for the upcoming movie in December, I'm absolutely blown away by this. Especially with the classic Super Saiyan that looks like it can flow back and forth in the wind unlike the blocky lego-look, of Super Saiyan hair from the likes of Tadayoshi Yamamuro.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat May 19, 2018 5:23 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:After seeing how the designs are turning out, I think they would work much better on more cartoonish sceneries like the Full Color Volumes and OVA 2008 than on highly realistic sutff like what we got in the teaser.

Looking back to the teaser, Goku simple design doesn't blend well with the background.
It looks okay, but the contrast of a simple design with a realistic background doesn't make it the best approach.
I think it will be fixed for the full-length trailer that will come out eventually.
Majinwarman

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 19, 2018 11:17 pm

Osama reminded me that Yamamoto Takumi hasn't been in any credits for a while. He wasn't even on Watanabe Koudai's incredibly storyboarded and animated Hugtto! PreCure Episode #15. I wonder if Yamamoto is an animation supervisor for this movie?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 21, 2018 4:21 am

Assuming it will be in the movie I wonder if UI will be now closer to Toriyama's design. I'd like to assume Toriyama okayed Yamamuro's change and they'll have to keep UI like that from now on.

But I am now eagerly anticipating SSGSS Goku's design, hopefully with that bang! The colouring will also be something to anticipate.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon May 21, 2018 11:57 am

Anybody knows when the new designs will be up in the Toei website in good quality? I need a new avatar pic , and that Shintani's Vegeta is the perfect choice.
Get Fucked, C_unt

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon May 21, 2018 12:51 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Assuming it will be in the movie I wonder if UI will be now closer to Toriyama's design. I'd like to assume Toriyama okayed Yamamuro's change and they'll have to keep UI like that from now on.

But I am now eagerly anticipating SSGSS Goku's design, hopefully with that bang! The colouring will also be something to anticipate.
I'm also interested to see UI and SSB under the new artstyle.
Majinwarman

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 21, 2018 6:09 pm

I'm excited to see how they'll handle ki auras with this new style. I want to see what they do differently.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm excited to see how they'll handle ki auras with this new style. I want to see what they do differently.
I liked how the arua looked in the teaser. If its anything like that or even better, I'm game.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue May 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Higher resolution scans for the designs of Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo came out, or more accurately, have been acquired.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
What are peoples thoughts on the designs now?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue May 22, 2018 5:16 pm

JazzMazz wrote:Higher resolution scans for the designs of Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo came out, or more accurately, have been acquired.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The eyes are too far apart, the ears are too round (probably what's throwing me off the most) and I'd have to get a better look at the noses, but they look like the typical Yamamuro black holes. I don't have any other complaints, otherwise. Love the hair.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue May 22, 2018 6:07 pm

JazzMazz wrote:Higher resolution scans for the designs of Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo came out, or more accurately, have been acquired.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
No extra back bang on Goku is such a good feeling of relief I tell ya!

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed May 23, 2018 8:05 am

Yoshimichi Kameda, the animator that criticised the aesthetic of BOG, tweeted some thoughts on the designs.

Basically, he likes them.

Thats pretty cool.

Rabdom User

Post by Rabdom User » Wed May 23, 2018 10:27 am

I would love to see him on the new movie.Sadly,he is the CD for MOB100 and he is propapbly working on the second season.Well,at least he has an interest to work on the new DB movie...

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed May 23, 2018 11:00 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
No extra back bang on Goku is such a good feeling of relief I tell ya!
They finally remembered to not have that extra bang.
Majinwarman

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:10 am

It's about time Piccolo had a good design again. His face has been "off" in just about every bit of new material for the past 6 years or so.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu May 24, 2018 10:42 am

Those are some very attractive designs, It would be nice to get Gohan's and Krillin's designs as well, there are a few changes I would like to see in the formers current design if it's not asking too much..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Hmm I'm starting to have thoughts unlike DBS series to know little about who is on the film as possible. With certain names you get expectations and they might not deliver or you'll be fixated on waiting for them to pop up. For example the recent info re: effects supervisor instead of going into the film not knowing about that and then subsequently being blown away I will now expect to be blown away and thus there is a chance it might not happen if you understand me.

Taking episode #129/30 as an example with all the info and footage of #129 everyone was excited for it only to be left in bitter disappointment and then #130 there was a lot of cautiousness only for us then to be blown away.

I'll probably stick around this and the narrative thread for now but once we start getting more and more information I might just bounce.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu May 24, 2018 7:38 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Hmm I'm starting to have thoughts unlike DBS series to know little about who is on the film as possible. With certain names you get expectations and they might not deliver or you'll be fixated on waiting for them to pop up. For example the recent info re: effects supervisor instead of going into the film not knowing about that and then subsequently being blown away I will now expect to be blown away and thus there is a chance it might not happen if you understand me.

Taking episode #129/30 as an example with all the info and footage of #129 everyone was excited for it only to be left in bitter disappointment and then #130 there was a lot of cautiousness only for us then to be blown away.

I'll probably stick around this and the narrative thread for now but once we start getting more and more information I might just bounce.
So, you want to have low expectations for the film?!
Majinwarman