"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:06 pm

Someone kill me.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:07 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Check the official movie thread, it's posted there. It hasn't been 100% confirmed as legit yet though, so...there's...hope yet that it's not really a thing?

If it's a fake though, it's a particularly well made one.
I have my doubts that that poster is real. But even as someone who likes Broly I hope it's not real either.
Last edited by Omniboy on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Omniboy wrote:What poster are you guys talking about?
Here is the link to it. https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/10 ... 6260535296
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Damn my prophecy post.....welp, still on board. I liked the first Broly movie and an interesting and very likely theory making the rounds on twitter now is that this isn't really the same character. It's Toriyama's rein-visioned version of him. That's not necessarily a guarantee for anything, as his version of Bardock has not been that well received, but still.

The most difficult thing here is seeing the fandom go from joy to disappointment....

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:14 pm

Michsi wrote:Damn my prophecy post.....welp, still on board. I liked the first Broly movie and an interesting and very likely theory making the rounds on twitter now is that this isn't really the same character. It's Toriyama's rein-visioned version of him. That's not necessarily a guarantee for anything, as his version of Bardock has not been that well received, but still.

The most difficult thing here is seeing the fandom go from joy to disappointment....
I don't even know if I can watch this movie if Brolli is truly the villain. I just can't believe my eyes anymore.
Majinwarman

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:17 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Michsi wrote:Damn my prophecy post.....welp, still on board. I liked the first Broly movie and an interesting and very likely theory making the rounds on twitter now is that this isn't really the same character. It's Toriyama's rein-visioned version of him. That's not necessarily a guarantee for anything, as his version of Bardock has not been that well received, but still.

I don't even know if I can watch this movie if Brolli is truly the villain. I just can't believe my eyes anymore.
I suggest we wait for the trailer. Beerus got a similar reaction when he was first introduced via a poster.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:17 pm

majinwarman wrote:

If Broly is the villain I have lost all hope for this movie and I don't know if I can watch. In my opinion they got on a roll with the last two arcs of Super being fantastic and for it to be continued with a movie about Broly it would be a massive disappointment. To the point where Shintani's amazing art may not even save this movie.

Just gotta have faith in Akira Toriyama at this point

Charlie_1981

Post by Charlie_1981 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:18 pm

majinwarman wrote:

Just wondering, If we are going to have Broly, are we going to have Kale too, and a meeting between both Legendary Super Saiyans?

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Honestly, now that I think about it I don't what everybody's problem is. It's just a guy that looks like Broly.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:21 pm

Its even worse that this saiyan is probably just a completely different character but they slapped Broly onto him to make it sell more.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Please no

Please no

PLEASE NO

I seriously don't want to hate this movie. I'm not much interested in it, i could just ignore it.
But if this thing is real, then i will hate it without even giving it a chance.

And yes, i am fan of Broly.
But everything has its limits. This character should've died with 2nd movie.
Please let it be just a troll making fan of people who wanted Broly to appear.
It's not funny anymore.

Even if it wouldn't be the same Broly, it would be obvious ripoff to grab more cash from people.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:22 pm

When I saw that I laughed so hard a cried. :lol: Oh man, the fandom is going to be a minefield now.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:25 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Its even worse that this saiyan is probably just a completely different character but they slapped Broly onto him to make it sell more.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was true. The producer was a talking about a well-thought out plot for this movie. Brolli is not a good idea not matter how many times you try to convince us he is.
Majinwarman

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:26 pm

Goddamn it, what about Kale? :(
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Galactic Specter

Post by Galactic Specter » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Just confirm it's real or fake already, the suspense is killing me!

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Its possible. The first movie with Broly was also just called 'Broly, the Legendary Super Saiyan'.

Which 'fraud' could make such a great poster?
The artwork looks stunning, you have to be called Shintani to make that.

That cloth the Saiyan is wearing during the first teaser has some rassemblence with that dress Broly was wearing in the first movie.

Let's wait for confirmation, but based on the information there is right now, i'm not so sure it's a joke guys.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:29 pm

Omniboy wrote:Honestly, now that I think about it I don't what everybody's problem is. It's just a guy that looks like Broly.
The poster spells out BROLY if you didn't catch that
JulieYBM wrote:Goddamn it, what about Kale? :(
It's all about Saiyans, she is a saiyan, don't lose hope, she could be in there as long as kefla dosen't pop up and ruin it..
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:31 pm

I think it's 100% legit my heart is waving with anxiety ! :o
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
It's all about Saiyans, she is a saiyan, don't lose hope, she could be in there as long as kefla dosen't pop up and ruin it..
Even if she's not in it directly, I'm sure Goku would at the very least mention her when/if this guy hulks out.

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Omniboy wrote:Honestly, now that I think about it I don't what everybody's problem is. It's just a guy that looks like Broly.
The poster spells out BROLY if you didn't catch that

How did I not see that. :lol:
Last edited by Omniboy on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.