"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MonkeyKing16
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 14/07]

Post by MonkeyKing16 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:34 am

I'm not digging the purple tights but other than that, this Broly looks neat.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:05 pm

I really love the new character designs in this movie! Goku and Vegeta wearing iceland like jackets is so cool! Broly looks pretty silly in this saiyan armor to be honest. What's up with his hair in the figure? In the poster it looks a lot like Yamcha. I for real thought it was Yamcha when I looked at the poster.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:15 pm

I wonder how Golden Freeza will look this time around, guess the trailer might show us that
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:28 pm

Probably like Freeza but golden.

Nah but I hope they get some better colors going for him. The color design so far looks fantastic, so if he's a bit less..."piss yellow" as it were, that'd be nice.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:36 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:I wonder how Golden Freeza will look this time around, guess the trailer might show us that
I'm totally want it to come out. I love Freeza and I personally like the Golden form. I can't wait to see how Shintani handles it.
Last edited by majinwarman on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:38 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Thank god they gave Nakazawa more to work with than just character sheets otherwise I was worried it would be a repeat of ResF where majority of the figures were regurgitated poses from the design sheets. Though I remember Jacob saying that ResF was SB late so that would explain why. DB not only getting OP level of love from Toei but also the merchandising dept as OP's last film had a very similar roll out. Wild to thing we're at this stage now for DB after the unknown that was 2013. Excited to see Broly in motion now! I love the design and colour scheme.
So, should I be ready to hyped yet or not?
Majinwarman

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Toyotaro?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Geraldix

Post by Geraldix » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:29 pm

cuartas wrote:Toyotaro?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yep. And I think he reused an old Vegeta drawing of his own? I surely recognize that pose.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:01 pm

Are Broly's legs and waist OK?

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:03 pm

I'm glad people actually like the new design. I hope people will also like the movie and Broly as a character.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Now that we have the new designs for Paragus as well, it gave me a theory as to why Paragus and Broly may have been exiled. Doesn't Old Paragus kind of remind you of King Vegeta in a way? He has the same general facial structure and his hair is very similar, if without the deep widows peak. Besides that, he looks like an old and graying King Vegeta. It makes me feel that Paragus is actually the Brother of King Vegeta. Because he was born 2nd or just weaker than his brother, Paragus didn't receive the name Vegeta and was relegated to nothing more than a 3rd rate warrior with no status.

But when Broly was born, that's when everything changed. What if in this version, Broly really was born a Super Saiyan? Vegeta had once claimed that only those of the Royal Bloodline should have the potential to become a Super Saiyan and that one is only born every thousand or so years (or thousand generations). So if it had become known that the King's brother had sired the Legendary Super Saiyan, then there were many problems with that. Not only could King Vegeta lose his position and his son cast out, but if word spread and Freeza got wind that a Super Saiyan had been born, then Freeza would descend upon their world and annihilate them as swiftly as possible.

King Vegeta was only left with two options; Kill the infant and anyone who knew of its existence, or exile him and his father to the farthest reaches of space and erase all records of them having ever existed. King Vegeta may not want to admit it, but in the worst case scenario, Broly just may be savior they need to dethrone Freeza, so he can't afford to kill him. But he also can't afford to lose the crown and alert Freeza to what's happening. It's a no-win situation for him. If he kills Broly, then there may be no one who could stand against Freeza in the future and he'd be killing their chances to be free.

Exiling Paragus and Broly was perhaps his only real option. It would save the lives of his brother and nephew, and perchance preserve the Saiyan race in the event Freeza would come to extinguish them all. So long as no one knew where Broly was, then there was some hope for their people.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Zelvin wrote:[spoiler]Now that we have the new designs for Paragus as well, it gave me a theory as to why Paragus and Broly may have been exiled. Doesn't Old Paragus kind of remind you of King Vegeta in a way? He has the same general facial structure and his hair is very similar, if without the deep widows peak. Besides that, he looks like an old and graying King Vegeta. It makes me feel that Paragus is actually the Brother of King Vegeta. Because he was born 2nd or just weaker than his brother, Paragus didn't receive the name Vegeta and was relegated to nothing more than a 3rd rate warrior with no status.

But when Broly was born, that's when everything changed. What if in this version, Broly really was born a Super Saiyan? Vegeta had once claimed that only those of the Royal Bloodline should have the potential to become a Super Saiyan and that one is only born every thousand or so years (or thousand generations). So if it had become known that the King's brother had sired the Legendary Super Saiyan, then there were many problems with that. Not only could King Vegeta lose his position and his son cast out, but if word spread and Freeza got wind that a Super Saiyan had been born, then Freeza would descend upon their world and annihilate them as swiftly as possible.

King Vegeta was only left with two options; Kill the infant and anyone who knew of its existence, or exile him and his father to the farthest reaches of space and erase all records of them having ever existed. King Vegeta may not want to admit it, but in the worst case scenario, Broly just may be savior they need to dethrone Freeza, so he can't afford to kill him. But he also can't afford to lose the crown and alert Freeza to what's happening. It's a no-win situation for him. If he kills Broly, then there may be no one who could stand against Freeza in the future and he'd be killing their chances to be free.

Exiling Paragus and Broly was perhaps his only real option. It would save the lives of his brother and nephew, and perchance preserve the Saiyan race in the event Freeza would come to extinguish them all. So long as no one knew where Broly was, then there was some hope for their people.[/spoiler]
Wrong thread man
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:04 pm

My wishes for the trailer, besides wanting it to look awesome:

- Goku's face actually looks like Goku this time.
- All the characters revealed so far appear.
- A glimpse of a fight scene and with that a look to how auras/beams look.

I expect it to be around 1 minute long.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:40 pm

:wink:
FortuneSSJ wrote:My wishes for the trailer, besides wanting it to look awesome:

- Goku's face actually looks like Goku this time.
- All the characters revealed so far appear.
- A glimpse of a fight scene and with that a look to how auras/beams look.

I expect it to be around 1 minute long.
Expect 1 minute and 15 seconds. That’s exactly how long the BoG 1st trailer and RoF 1st trailer was
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:19 am

My feelings about the quality of the animation have been really positive lately, but holy shit, I don't think this movie is going to be able to top Huang's Boruto Episode #65. Jesus, that was an incredible episode. I hope we get a team fight as good as Naruto and Sasuke versus Momoshiki in this film. The TV version of the fight is even better than the movie version!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:17 pm

JulieYBM wrote:My feelings about the quality of the animation have been really positive lately, but holy shit, I don't think this movie is going to be able to top Huang's Boruto Episode #65. Jesus, that was an incredible episode. I hope we get a team fight as good as Naruto and Sasuke versus Momoshiki in this film. The TV version of the fight is even better than the movie version!
The Boruto episode is out and I haven't watched it yet?!
Majinwarman

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:24 pm

The movie trailer.

I've never seen so much detail and movement in any Dragon Ball animated project until this trailer happened.

Holy. Shit.

That was amazing.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Takahashi EVERYWHERE. Toei were well aware of the response that his supervised episodes had during Super, so they made the smart decision of having him be an animation supervisor judging by this trailer. This looks gorgeous!
Last edited by Super Saiyan Swagger on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:30 pm

This might be the best animated DB movie, I hope the new anime keep this art style.
Mostly active on discord.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:39 pm

Ok so I see retro paragus and a very tall tarble at 1:10

also, 3 pods at 1:08... I guess we are getting the nearby babies thing again but whose the third one.... is there a link now between broly, vegeta and goku?