"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:51 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:According to the new interview, Toriyama was really strict with the new Goku character design, as he should be, because change the character designs of this franchise is a huge responsibility. I'm also not seeing these designs going anywhere anytime soon. It would be cool if they took this chance to finally make Goten/Trunks older. It's about damn time!

Hopefully the other character designs don't have the feature placement problems Goku design seems to have.
I’m wondering how Vegeta will look in Shintani’s designs. He’s supposed to look edgy so I wonder how Shintani’s softer approach will work.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:23 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:According to the new interview, Toriyama was really strict with the new Goku character design, as he should be, because change the character designs of this franchise is a huge responsibility. I'm also not seeing these designs going anywhere anytime soon. It would be cool if they took this chance to finally make Goten/Trunks older. It's about damn time!

Hopefully the other character designs don't have the feature placement problems Goku design seems to have.
It would be interesting to see older Goten and Trunks though I personally don't care for them.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:27 am

Toriyama's thought process about the choice of the new designer was perfect. It's clear he recognized the anatomical issues Yamamuro's designs had, which is why he wanted the new character designer to first be an artist who can understand the body, and later learn how to draw Goku and co. which is not hard considering how simple Dragon Ball's characters are.
Toriyama is super involved with this movie and that's everything I always wished for ever since I was able to recognize Super's evident issues with its character designs, colors and scripts.
I like Dragon Ball with simple designs and manga colors, and it seems like Toriyama is of the same idea.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Any chance that the music from the teaser will be used in the movie as a soundtrack?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue May 01, 2018 12:20 am

The more simplistic designs of Pocket Monster: Sun & Moon by Nakano Satoshi and Yasuda Shuuhei have made it possible for even weaker animation supervisors to more often handle complex shots such as these, where Pokemon can freely roam alongside their trainers. Previous Pokemon series would not attempt such shots and as a result I'm just flabbergasted by the casual attempt of such a shot. It really makes me wish that Shintani Naohiro's designs for this movie are similarly simplistic so that we can see similar shots in future Dragon Ball projects.

She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Nafno
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nafno » Tue May 01, 2018 4:03 am

Seeing the color of Gokuh's gi... Do you think we will have Bulma with purple hair?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:35 am

Nafno wrote:Seeing the color of Gokuh's gi... Do you think we will have Bulma with purple hair?
What would be clever is that she could say she dyed it. But Future Trunks’ hair has already been changed to blue. They need to make Kid Trunks look older and make his hair blue too.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue May 01, 2018 8:22 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Nafno wrote:Seeing the color of Gokuh's gi... Do you think we will have Bulma with purple hair?
What would be clever is that she could say she dyed it. But Future Trunks’ hair has already been changed to blue. They need to make Kid Trunks look older and make his hair blue too.
That would be interesting to see Kid Trunks with blue hair.
Majinwarman

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 03, 2018 6:06 am

Time to support this new Shintani era!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Feels good to be excited about buying promo art! :)

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri May 04, 2018 12:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Time to support this new Shintani era!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Where did you buy that poster? I want that so bad.
Majinwarman

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri May 04, 2018 1:03 pm

majinwarman wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

It is not a poster exactly, it's a clear file (has the DBS movie logo and other writing on the reverse) it was given out to attendees at AnimeJapan back in March, I managed to find for cheap on one of the Japanese sites I browse (I can't remember which one now lol), since I already ordered the Rosé Ichiban Kuji and was waiting at the proxy decided may aswell as buy the clear file and add it to that shipment (aswell as a bunch of WCFs).

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat May 05, 2018 5:32 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

It is not a poster exactly, it's a clear file (has the DBS movie logo and other writing on the reverse) it was given out to attendees at AnimeJapan back in March, I managed to find for cheap on one of the Japanese sites I browse (I can't remember which one now lol), since I already ordered the Rosé Ichiban Kuji and was waiting at the proxy decided may aswell as buy the clear file and add it to that shipment (aswell as a bunch of WCFs).
Thank you for the information.
Majinwarman

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 06, 2018 12:28 pm

It would be cool if we got a new character design on Goku Day or V-Jump this month.
I'm more interested on the new artstyle than the plot. :lol:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:It would be cool if we got a new character design on Goku Day or V-Jump this month.
Here’s to hoping for some designs of the regular cast like Bulma, Krillin, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, etc.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon May 07, 2018 4:25 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:It would be cool if we got a new character design on Goku Day or V-Jump this month.
Here’s to hoping for some designs of the regular cast like Bulma, Krillin, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, etc.
I would be happy to see that.
Majinwarman

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue May 08, 2018 12:51 am

I wish we will get Goku’s character design for Goku day, but I don’t think we will.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue May 08, 2018 5:46 pm

JulieYBM wrote:The more simplistic designs of Pocket Monster: Sun & Moon by Nakano Satoshi and Yasuda Shuuhei have made it possible for even weaker animation supervisors to more often handle complex shots such as these, where Pokemon can freely roam alongside their trainers. Previous Pokemon series would not attempt such shots and as a result I'm just flabbergasted by the casual attempt of such a shot. It really makes me wish that Shintani Naohiro's designs for this movie are similarly simplistic so that we can see similar shots in future Dragon Ball projects.

If Dragon Ball starts looking like this, I can’t say I’ll be watching. People don’t actually think this looks good do they? They look like doodles..
How i predict the tournament will end:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue May 08, 2018 6:59 pm

TheOne wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:The more simplistic designs of Pocket Monster: Sun & Moon by Nakano Satoshi and Yasuda Shuuhei have made it possible for even weaker animation supervisors to more often handle complex shots such as these, where Pokemon can freely roam alongside their trainers. Previous Pokemon series would not attempt such shots and as a result I'm just flabbergasted by the casual attempt of such a shot. It really makes me wish that Shintani Naohiro's designs for this movie are similarly simplistic so that we can see similar shots in future Dragon Ball projects.

If Dragon Ball starts looking like this, I can’t say I’ll be watching. People don’t actually think this looks good do they? They look like doodles..
Try watching it. It's amazing.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Tue May 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Expecting Tate, Shintani and Onishi to be real big in this movie. If Shida gets his wish and gets to do a lot of scenes that will be great, something like film gold would be fantastic. As for Super staff, it is all over the place atm but I suspect many of Super staff will be in the movie. People can work on more than one thing at a time. Or just start later.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue May 08, 2018 9:47 pm

I'm expecting Tate or Oonishi will handle the beginning and Takahashi and Shintani will do the climax. Hopefully they can call in their friends.
She/Her
bisexual milf