"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Galactic Specter wrote:Just confirm it's real or fake already, the suspense is killing me!
I think I'm going crazy from the suspense.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Those eyes in the bottom of the poster give me some major Super Saiyan 4 vibes. The eyeliner, I mean.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:48 pm

omegalucas wrote:Those eyes in the bottom of the poster give me some major Super Saiyan 4 vibes. The eyeliner, I mean.
Might just be a very hairy broly, god I hope it's just a very hairy broly..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:50 pm

The poster is most likely real given that they've also officially announced the merchandise that is coinciding with the movie:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Charlie_1981

Post by Charlie_1981 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:The poster is most likely real given that they've also officially announced the merchandise that is coinciding with the movie:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Seems a real confirmation, of course.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:The poster is most likely real given that they've also officially announced the merchandise that is coinciding with the movie:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I'm going to wait for press release or the Official movie website talks about it.
Majinwarman

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:Its possible. The first movie with Broly was also just called 'Broly, the Legendary Super Saiyan'.

Which 'fraud' could make such a great poster?
The artwork looks stunning, you have to be called Shintani to make that.

That cloth the Saiyan is wearing during the first teaser has some rassemblence with that dress Broly was wearing in the first movie.

Let's wait for confirmation, but based on the information there is right now, i'm not so sure it's a joke guys.
Not true. Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan is the FUNimation name for the movie. The real name for it is actually Burn Up!! A Close Fight - A Violent Fight - A Super Fierce Fight, or simply, The Burning Battles.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:04 pm

simtek34 wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:Its possible. The first movie with Broly was also just called 'Broly, the Legendary Super Saiyan'.

Which 'fraud' could make such a great poster?
The artwork looks stunning, you have to be called Shintani to make that.

That cloth the Saiyan is wearing during the first teaser has some rassemblence with that dress Broly was wearing in the first movie.

Let's wait for confirmation, but based on the information there is right now, i'm not so sure it's a joke guys.
Not true. Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan is the FUNimation name for the movie. The real name for it is actually Burn Up!! A Close Fight - A Violent Fight - A Super Fierce Fight, or simply, The Burning Battles.

Ok! Correction, in the west the movie is best knows as 'Broly – The Legendary Super Saiyan'.
Honestly if it's about Broly and if the poster is for real, i stay upmostly positive, i see great artwork, and if Broly is canonized by this movie, so be it.
It would be in a sense, fanservice. But that doesn't mean the story is going to be bad.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:12 pm

people are saying the new villian is brolly. I hope not, what's the point of adding kale only to add brolly. I think this is someone else.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:14 pm

The way i see it, my previous theory could be right and the 3 movies/specials going to theaters correspond to the new movie. Yes, Bardock and Gogeta incoming.

And it seems like everything is thrown out the window and nothing is impossible for the DB franchise, so I expect something close to SSJ4 anytime soon.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:15 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:people are saying the new villian is brolly. I hope not, what's the point of adding kale only to add brolly. I think this is someone else.
His name is literally in the title of the movie. It’s Broly. But they’re probably gonna reboot him and his character
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:28 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Check the official movie thread, it's posted there. It hasn't been 100% confirmed as legit yet though, so...there's...hope yet that it's not really a thing?

If it's a fake though, it's a particularly well made one.
Are you kidding, right? I mean look to these faces and Yamcha on the center, the smell of fan art is pretty strong in there, even this one is more believable than this poster.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:33 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Check the official movie thread, it's posted there. It hasn't been 100% confirmed as legit yet though, so...there's...hope yet that it's not really a thing?

If it's a fake though, it's a particularly well made one.
Are you kidding, right? I mean look to these faces and Yamcha on the center, the smell of fan art is pretty strong in there, even this one is more believable than this poster.
The faces (and overall art style) are very close to Shintani's style, that's why Gyt said that.
The poster's composition is infinitely better than RoF. Also better than BoG's, but that one was decent.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:39 pm

omegalucas wrote:The faces (and overall art style) are very close to Shintani's style, that's why Gyt said that.
Man, I can't believe on that... His characters designs looked pretty good, this is just too cartoony. What the f...
PFM18 wrote:Just gotta have faith in Akira Toriyama at this point
Really? After RoF and other stupid things introduced in the franchise you still have faith? I envy you for that.
JulieYBM wrote:Goddamn it, what about Kale? :(
Just a failed copy-cat, but don't mind me I also hate the idea of bringing Broly back... I mean another evil Saiyan as the antagonist sounded pretty dull, but Broly... Again? Why?
Last edited by jeffbr92 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Doctor.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:40 pm

PFM18 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Michsi wrote:Damn my prophecy post.....welp, still on board. I liked the first Broly movie and an interesting and very likely theory making the rounds on twitter now is that this isn't really the same character. It's Toriyama's rein-visioned version of him. That's not necessarily a guarantee for anything, as his version of Bardock has not been that well received, but still.

The most difficult thing here is seeing the fandom go from joy to disappointment....
I don't even know if I can watch this movie if Brolli is truly the villain. I just can't believe my eyes anymore.
If Broly is the villain I have lost all hope for this movie and I don't know if I can watch. In my opinion they got on a roll with the last two arcs of Super being fantastic and for it to be continued with a movie about Broly it would be a massive disappointment. To the point where Shintani's amazing art may not even save this movie.

Just gotta have faith in Akira Toriyama at this point
You are a very hopeful person.
Majinwarman

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:43 pm

I don't think because the movie is titled Broly that Broly will be automatically a vilain I would love to have Broly being kept into the Z-Team :D
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:44 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I don't think because the movie is titled Broly that Broly will be automatically a vilain I would love to have Broly being kept into the Z-Team :D
Sure, remind us the last time that happened.

by Doctor.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Really? After RoF and other stupid things introduced in the franchise you still have faith? I envy you for that
Nothing really comes to of things that were introduced in the franchise that were stupid. There's plenty of inconsistencies and mistakes but I think those are more of a reflection of Toei than AT. There's nothing wrong with the ideas themselves that AT is responsible for IMO

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Reminder: this is not a general discussion thread for the film (that already exists, and you're encouraged to use it for that purpose). Thread will be reopened when/if any official confirmation is provided regarding purported visuals.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:14 am

Can't stress enough how great these designs are. Hopefully they're here to stay and not just a one off
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler