"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Dragon Ball Movie 20 - Animation Hub

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:19 am

Love how Goku and Vegeta look as Blue in the poster.

I think we can safely put to rest any fears about characters not being intimidating in the new film due to the softer art style.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:04 am

The poster looks amazing!! It may actually be my favourite DB movie poster ever. Gorgeous colors, cool artstyle and great composition!
Super Saiyan Blue looks better than ever. That's a much better blue tone and the aura looks more like fire than ever. Just like SSG aura looked in BOG Movie.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 am

The aura looks indeed quite nice in the poster. It looks like what an aura represents: the bodies emitting powerful and pressuring heat.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:06 am

I am just happy the bang is back :) Atmosphere in the poster is incredible, such a massive step up from the last two by far. Just a few weeks to go now!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:37 am

The transformation into Broli's larger form should be interesting with these more simple designs. I wonder if we'll get a detailed pumping-up of the muscles?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:45 am

JulieYBM wrote:The transformation into Broli's larger form should be interesting with these more simple designs. I wonder if we'll get a detailed pumping-up of the muscles?
Maybe something like what we saw in the teaser with Broly's muscles expanding but on a larger scale?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:54 am

JazzMazz wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:The transformation into Broli's larger form should be interesting with these more simple designs. I wonder if we'll get a detailed pumping-up of the muscles?
Maybe something like what we saw in the teaser with Broly's muscles expanding but on a larger scale?
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:57 am

It'd be interesting if Broly had the same transformation as Kale, Berserker, controlled SSJBerserker, normal SSJ1 (light green hair).
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:01 am

Broly coming back is the same way I felt about Freeza coming back. Not too excited since it seems like a retread but then Freeza became really fun during the TOP, so I am hoping Broly is treated the same way.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:40 am

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:Broly coming back is the same way I felt about Freeza coming back. Not too excited since it seems like a retread but then Freeza became really fun during the TOP, so I am hoping Broly is treated the same way.
So you mean that we have to wait like 2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks and 3 days* after this movie debut to start liking Broly?
*April 18, 2015 was Ressurection of F debut after then Freeza only returned on June 4, 2017, Dragon Ball Super Episode #093.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:46 am

Transformation complete, THAT poster is the final confirmation to the comeback of the buu designs, slight differences, but the angular shapes, feature placement are and the linework, shading, etc are there
Definitely this is much more detailed than the first poster, I remember it and ugh, looks like shintani took note of Takahashi opinions and maybe his digital ssj goku drawing.

Something that I don't like it's the hair, normally there has to be some black lines in between, but there's only shades of blue

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:19 pm

cuartas wrote:Transformation complete, THAT poster is the final confirmation to the comeback of the buu designs, slight differences, but the angular shapes, feature placement are and the linework, shading, etc are there
Definitely this is much more detailed than the first poster, I remember it and ugh, looks like shintani took note of Takahashi opinions and maybe his digital ssj goku drawing.

Something that I don't like it's the hair, normally there has to be some black lines in between, but there's only shades of blue
I don't think Takahashi had any involvement with how the poster looks at all.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."

iAnimationLover_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by iAnimationLover_ » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:23 pm

cuartas wrote:Transformation complete, THAT poster is the final confirmation to the comeback of the buu designs, slight differences, but the angular shapes, feature placement are and the linework, shading, etc are there

What? Anything DB that looks good to you does not mean that Takahashi had something to do with it. All of this probably happened without Takahashis knowledge or involvement. And no, this isnt a "confirmation to the comeback of the buu designs", we dont have to keep sticking to the past designs, move forward and open your mind.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:34 pm

iAnimationLover_ wrote:

What? Anything DB that looks good to you does not mean that Takahashi had something to do with it. All of this probably happened without Takahashis knowledge or involvement. And no, this isnt a "confirmation to the comeback of the buu designs", we dont have to keep sticking to the past designs, move forward and open your mind.
Some people like the old designs and there is no problem with that. But, I don't think that Takahashi is the best thing ever to happen to Dragon Ball.
Majinwarman

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:59 pm

BrolyKale wrote:It'd be interesting if Broly had the same transformation as Kale, Berserker, controlled SSJBerserker, normal SSJ1 (light green hair).
That's exactly what I am not hoping for. I hope it stay SSJ1 and LSSJ (or Berserker for what that fake name that nobody is fooled of is worth) with Broly having control over LSSJ. I think it suits him - let's be honest this is the absolute Broly trademark so it should stay his highlight forever as that appearance is what is mostly loved about him - and seems more classic this way if that is his "Ultimate Form" and other than Kale knowing how to use it even as a collossus (which she also kind of on-off had a relationship with in the tournament). Getting rid of his LSSJ at one point or it no longer being his ultimate form kinda is going too far.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

iAnimationLover_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by iAnimationLover_ » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:18 pm

majinwarman wrote:
iAnimationLover_ wrote:

Some people like the old designs and there is no problem with that. But, I don't think that Takahashi is the best thing ever to happen to Dragon Ball.
I didnt say anything was wrong with liking the old designs (I do), but we cant stick to them forever.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:59 pm

If the aruas on the poster look anything like the aruas in the movie, i’ll Be a proud papa.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Lol, ok. I don’t really see hoe this looks like Buu saga at all. Still looks just like the Namek/Android Saga to me but whatever gets you to not complain i guess. Also, lol at the though of Shintani taking note from Takahashi’s opinions. It just sounds funny.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

dnavenom
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dnavenom » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:15 pm

If this is no joke and this movie comes to Europe (Bulgaria) I'm probably gonna watch it for the whole 5 or 10 days it`s gonna be up in theaters! Broly, finally! No more Cabba and Kefla, time for some real Saiyan power!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:10 pm

iAnimationLover_ wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
iAnimationLover_ wrote: What? Anything DB that looks good to you does not mean that Takahashi had something to do with it. All of this probably happened without Takahashis knowledge or involvement. And no, this isnt a "confirmation to the comeback of the buu designs", we dont have to keep sticking to the past designs, move forward and open your mind.
I didnt say anything was wrong with liking the old designs (I do), but we cant stick to them forever.
You are not wrong about that. Dragon Ball needs to evolve in order to keep up with modern anime.
Majinwarman