"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:23 am

Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
True but doing so without the tail is unnatural.
I detect a cycle here...
And I sense a potentially rude comment coming on that I'm sure I won't like...…….
Well that's two false assumptions, but we're basically repeating that I'm mostly agreeing with you whilst acknowledging that there are exceptions in the media. Then you just go back to your first point and it goes around. Hence the cycle comment before you get a little riled. I don't know if it's wires crossed situation or a text instead of spoken thing at this point, but yeah.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:15 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Rabdom User wrote:
As a One Piece fan who really enjoyed his work on the show, I'm not completely sure how to feel about this...
You don't like his DB art? Why? It's like the best thing I have ever seen since Nakatsuru's designs
I mean, I like it a lot, feel extremely Toriyama, I just don't know how to feel about them moving to DB since I was hoping for them to show up again on One Piece...
As a One Piece fan as well, I’m also struggling with the fact he left for Dragon Ball but I’m also interested to see if he sticks around for Super 2.0 if it returns.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:46 am

Seeing how huge that staff list is, and how much it is mostly composed of in-house talent from Toei, makes me hope that is/when Super 2.0 happens, there will be more animators available to share the load.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Adult Gohan somehow pulled it of in Heroes without one, but that's heroes being heroes. I'm surprised they havent started giving everyone 4 just yet.

I'd like to the Broly's new form could be a potential gateway for it to return :S Please make it happen
Brolys way would actually be the best way. There’s no tail that can be cut off to weaken him, even if it is “unnatural”. In all honesty, Brolys way actually fits better with Toriyamas comment saying that the Saiyans tails don’t return once they hit a certain level because the body sees them as unnecessary appendages. He also basically calls them a double edged sword.

Brolys Rage form is so interesting, because unlike SSJ4, it seems that Broly may actually stack his SSJ forms on top of this form. That’s judging by the appearance anyway. It’s so intersting because the potential with the form seems super crazy when looking at it like that, even though it probably won’t be utilised. If it is though the Rage form would basically be considered base humanoid Oozaru.
He actually said it might be that way. And it irks me greatly that the seeming fact that Broly can stack his SSJ forms on top of the Ikari leads some to believe that the Ikari is part of the Legendary Super Saiyan thing.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:06 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Brolys way would actually be the best way. There’s no tail that can be cut off to weaken him, even if it is “unnatural”. In all honesty, Brolys way actually fits better with Toriyamas comment saying that the Saiyans tails don’t return once they hit a certain level because the body sees them as unnecessary appendages. He also basically calls them a double edged sword.

Brolys Rage form is so interesting, because unlike SSJ4, it seems that Broly may actually stack his SSJ forms on top of this form. That’s judging by the appearance anyway. It’s so intersting because the potential with the form seems super crazy when looking at it like that, even though it probably won’t be utilised. If it is though the Rage form would basically be considered base humanoid Oozaru.
He actually said it might be that way. And it irks me greatly that the seeming fact that Broly can stack his SSJ forms on top of the Ikari leads some to believe that the Ikari is part of the Legendary Super Saiyan thing.
I dont think its a problem, especially when it's still unique to him to do this assuming it is the case that Ikari is why it's green at full power. I like the possible explanation since it ties into the flashback of the legendary super saiyan being shown in their great ape form in the anime. Gives the theme a more primal quality than just Broly of the original movies just being 'the special.'

I can understand the demystifying of the legendary form could bother some people, but I prefer it over, 'It's a variant of super saiyan 2.'

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:04 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote: Brolys way would actually be the best way. There’s no tail that can be cut off to weaken him, even if it is “unnatural”. In all honesty, Brolys way actually fits better with Toriyamas comment saying that the Saiyans tails don’t return once they hit a certain level because the body sees them as unnecessary appendages. He also basically calls them a double edged sword.

I dont think its a problem, especially when it's still unique to him to do this assuming it is the case that Ikari is why it's green at full power. I like the possible explanation since it ties into the flashback of the legendary super saiyan being shown in their great ape form in the anime. Gives the theme a more primal quality than just Broly of the original movies just being 'the special.'

I can understand the demystifying of the legendary form could bother some people, but I prefer it over, 'It's a variant of super saiyan 2.'
Its not the demystifying that bugs me its the idea that a great ape form could lead to a form that looks nothing like an SSJ4. And the fact that Kale doesn't have the Ikari form. Since Kale doesn't have it, it leads me to conclude that the Ikari is not necessary for the Super Saiyan C Type form.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:33 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:

Its not the demystifying that bugs me its the idea that a great ape form could lead to a form that looks nothing like an SSJ4. And the fact that Kale doesn't have the Ikari form. Since Kale doesn't have it, it leads me to conclude that the Ikari is not necessary for the Super Saiyan C Type form.
Kale doesnt display any other super saiyan form up other than her green variants, but since her universe saiyans evolved differently, whose to say?

And besides, Broly's full power form is his current max, whose to say we wont get more later that bring it up to a more four like state (something I have suggested repeatedly on these forums) Zeno knows this series loves throwing new transformations out there and lately there's been a fanservice undercurrent. Broly seems like the logical choice to bring back another fan favourite form. Give it time.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:37 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Kale doesnt display any other super saiyan form up other than her green variants, but since her universe saiyans evolved differently, whose to say?

And besides, Broly's full power form is his current max, whose to say we wont get more later that bring it up to a more four like state (something I have suggested repeatedly on these forums) Zeno knows this series loves throwing new transformations out there and lately there's been a fanservice undercurrent. Broly seems like the logical choice to bring back another fan favourite form. Give it time.
Toriyama said he didn't like how complicated the SSJ4 was to draw so I doubt he will make it 'canon'. I just think its wrong to assume that the Ikari form is related the the Legendary Super Saiyan and its non full power form. Also when he grabbed that blue brutish Frieza soldier, his eyes turned yellow like they do in the Ikari form but he hadn't had the necessary anger and grief to transform into a Super Saiyan, so that leads me to conclude that they are separate forms, of separate evolutions. But I don't think we will ever know for sure.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:30 pm

Hey guys, how about that animation?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:06 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Hey guys, how about that animation?
Unsurprisingly, best animated DB thing ever from what people have been saying.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:19 am

JazzMazz wrote:
That feat isn't really that hard to beat overall.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:50 am

Good lord, this movie kicked the shit out of anything else Dragon Ball has done. The Gogeta portion just doesn't let up! I loved how much distortion and abstract line work was used to really make the characters seem so powerful that they were breaking the laws of physics.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:51 am

majinwarman wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
They’ve really set the bar with this film. Can’t wait to see how they go from here.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:58 am

I personally thought Cheelai was rather cute with her behavior.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Animenewsnetwork gave this movie a B in the animation category, from all the talk on how good the animation from fans and animators alike a B is little surprising.

I wonder what qualifies as an A?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:18 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:Animenewsnetwork gave this movie a B in the animation category, from all the talk on how good the animation from fans and animators alike a B is little surprising.

It's probably because they used 3D models in some scenes

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:19 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:Animenewsnetwork gave this movie a B in the animation category, from all the talk on how good the animation from fans and animators alike a B is little surprising.

Their review criticized the CGI when talking about the animation, so that's probably the reason for the B rating.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:

Their review criticized the CGI when talking about the animation, so that's probably the reason for the B rating.
I mean, the site gave BOG a B in the animation category as well, and this movie is leaps and bounds better than that, so make of it what you will.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:37 pm

I won't directly disparage another website, but let's just say there's a good reason Sakugablog contributes to CrunchyRoll these days.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:48 pm

majinwarman wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Not hard to beat in general, but very hard to beat the end of the ToP's animation. I've heard people say that it blows Goku vs Jiren out of the water, but I'll wait until I see the movie before I make that judgement.