"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Post by Shaddy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:16 am

But SSJ4 isn't part of the main continuity anyway.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:50 am

Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:Not loving Broly's lost tail...………..
why?
Because you need a tail to so SSJ4 and I like to see Saiyans with tails.
not according to the Xeno's or Gohan, but I dont think they'll bring that form back just yet.

I know what you mean though, i know toriyama didnt like drawing them but theres no reason to get rid of it. Imagine if Vegeta gained Broly's wrathful form? That kind of multiplier on top of his blue forms would be an excellent way to allow him to keep up with Goku when he eventually masters ultra instinct.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:45 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
why?
not according to the Xeno's or Gohan, but I dont think they'll bring that form back just yet.

I know what you mean though, i know toriyama didnt like drawing them but theres no reason to get rid of it. Imagine if Vegeta gained Broly's wrathful form? That kind of multiplier on top of his blue forms would be an excellent way to allow him to keep up with Goku when he eventually masters ultra instinct.
You need the tail to achieve SSJ4...…. But yeah I agree with your assertion that there was no reason to get rid of them.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:14 am

Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:

You need the tail to achieve SSJ4...…. But yeah I agree with your assertion that there was no reason to get rid of them.
Adult Gohan somehow pulled it of in Heroes without one, but that's heroes being heroes. I'm surprised they havent started giving everyone 4 just yet.

I'd like to the Broly's new form could be a potential gateway for it to return :S Please make it happen

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:21 am

Shaddy wrote:But SSJ4 isn't part of the main continuity anyway.
And in a way, i find that very sad. Of all the things in GT, 4 was one of the better things it had going for it.

When we first saw Cabba and he brought up he had no tail, I suspected rather than super saiyan forms, they were going to give them the ability to partially transform bits of the U6 saiyans into their ape forms at will, so he throws a wide hook, turns his arm into his great ape one and just swats Vegeta with it. That would at least have changed the pace from more super saiyans. Later they could have had him and the others pull a SS4 style form out in the TOP, so they internalized the oozaru form into the base form and can use it as transformation.

Alas, we got what we got, but Broly's wrathful form is like a hairless version of what I had in mind

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:23 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Adult Gohan somehow pulled it of in Heroes without one, but that's heroes being heroes. I'm surprised they havent started giving everyone 4 just yet.

I'd like to the Broly's new form could be a potential gateway for it to return :S Please make it happen
True but doing so without the tail is unnatural.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:20 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:

I detect a cycle here...

Rabdom User

Post by Rabdom User » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:39 pm

So guys,here is the full staff list of the movie
Looks like it does not have that many freelancers I have expected,but it has like all of the Toei superstars in it.
As for the freelancers,there is Takahashi,and under him Nikaido,Karasawa,and the inhouse Ryo Onishi. Ajay said he animated a really long cut.
Under Watanabe's supervision,we have Yuki Hayashi,whom I expected to be higher credited,but I'm sure his scene will be good. Also Kubota and Shida is working under him. And I didn'T even mentioned the talents like Morimune,Yamamoto,Soty,Urata,Sato and Otsuka
We also got a second CD,Isamu Takara,who is also second credited on the list.I am not sure,but a lot of Takara's fans saying that these expression sheets were made by him
It looks so soft,yet so old school. Definitely good sheets
This movie looks so promising,wish I could see it before summer

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Rabdom User wrote:So guys,here is the full staff list of the movie
Looks like it does not have that many freelancers I have expected,but it has like all of the Toei superstars in it.
As for the freelancers,there is Takahashi,and under him Nikaido,Karasawa,and the inhouse Ryo Onishi. Ajay said he animated a really long cut.
Under Watanabe's supervision,we have Yuki Hayashi,whom I expected to be higher credited,but I'm sure his scene will be good. Also Kubota and Shida is working under him. And I didn'T even mentioned the talents like Morimune,Yamamoto,Soty,Urata,Sato and Otsuka
We also got a second CD,Isamu Takara,who is also second credited on the list.I am not sure,but a lot of Takara's fans saying that these expression sheets were made by him
It looks so soft,yet so old school. Definitely good sheets
This movie looks so promising,wish I could see it before summer
Isamu Takara was arguably the most interesting animator working on One Piece before they disappeared off the show for two years. People had thought he'd left the industry or something, but no, he was just working on Broly. As a One Piece fan who really enjoyed his work on the show, I'm not completely sure how to feel about this...

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:56 pm

I prefer Takara's take over Shintani TBH.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:00 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

I detect a cycle here...
And I sense a potentially rude comment coming on that I'm sure I won't like...…….

Rabdom User

Post by Rabdom User » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:05 pm

As a One Piece fan who really enjoyed his work on the show, I'm not completely sure how to feel about this...
You don't like his DB art? Why? It's like the best thing I have ever seen since Nakatsuru's designs

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Rabdom User wrote:
As a One Piece fan who really enjoyed his work on the show, I'm not completely sure how to feel about this...
You don't like his DB art? Why? It's like the best thing I have ever seen since Nakatsuru's designs
I mean, I like it a lot, feel extremely Toriyama, I just don't know how to feel about them moving to DB since I was hoping for them to show up again on One Piece...

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Tate is pretty low on the list. Ajay said his scene was great, but more Tate is always better. Kinda sad to be honest.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Wow, those Takara designs are sexy af.
I don't mind them in a new series if we're talking about "animator friendly"

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:39 pm

I was not expecting Takara to be the sub-character designer! I had thought that maybe Oonishi Ryou would be since he was already a big key animator for the film but I suppose given that he was previously the character designer for Majin Bone a sub-character designer position would seem a little anti-climatic. I hope this means that Takara will stick with the franchise and be the Suzuki Hirofumi to Shintani Naohiro's Nishio Tetsuya.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:28 pm

There's absolutely zero chance your sub designer does expression sheets for your main character. I don't see Takara in those at all.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:30 am

Ajay wrote:There's absolutely zero chance your sub designer does expression sheets for your main character. I don't see Takara in those at all.
Is there a lot of tension in the movie or is there a bunch of comedy?

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:08 am

Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:

Brolys way would actually be the best way. There’s no tail that can be cut off to weaken him, even if it is “unnatural”. In all honesty, Brolys way actually fits better with Toriyamas comment saying that the Saiyans tails don’t return once they hit a certain level because the body sees them as unnecessary appendages. He also basically calls them a double edged sword.

Brolys Rage form is so interesting, because unlike SSJ4, it seems that Broly may actually stack his SSJ forms on top of this form. That’s judging by the appearance anyway. It’s so intersting because the potential with the form seems super crazy when looking at it like that, even though it probably won’t be utilised. If it is though the Rage form would basically be considered base humanoid Oozaru.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:18 am

Sora Saiyan wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Brolys way would actually be the best way. There’s no tail that can be cut off to weaken him, even if it is “unnatural”. In all honesty, Brolys way actually fits better with Toriyamas comment saying that the Saiyans tails don’t return once they hit a certain level because the body sees them as unnecessary appendages. He also basically calls them a double edged sword.

Brolys Rage form is so interesting, because unlike SSJ4, it seems that Broly may actually stack his SSJ forms on top of this form. That’s judging by the appearance anyway. It’s so intersting because the potential with the form seems super crazy when looking at it like that, even though it probably won’t be utilised. If it is though the Rage form would basically be considered base humanoid Oozaru.
see this is the thing I was considering, if this Oozaru rage thing is something unique to him, he could be a gateway to a whole unique line of forms using the ape theme. Eventually coming to a SS4 like form with the fur, and still growing stronger but down a different path.

Goku and Vegeta have had this theme going for a bit of following their own paths rather than just Vegeta chasing behind Goku doing the same thing and skipping the odd form. Look at Blue Evolved and Kaioken Blue. Broly has the chance to be his own thing by going down a route that brings saiyans back to the Oozaru qualities, but reigning that in with control.