"Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 20/07]

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:57 pm

Ajay wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Speaking of OP, why isn't it updated with new designs such as Frieza, his henchmen, tgat DB Monus guy, Goku and Vegeta's winter jackets, and the official poster? It's been progressively harder to find them as they got buried in the Movie Thread
Laziness. Updated!
Thanks Ajay, that was fast! I was looking everywhere for these!
Get Fucked, C_unt

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Shouldn’t Studio Bones also be added to the confirmed staff? Along with the CGI (or is it just CG) director?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:36 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Shouldn’t Studio Bones also be added to the confirmed staff? Along with the CGI (or is it just CG) director?
It was Studio Guts. I'd be doing dances if the Bones regulars worked on this film!

I'll add it now. Not too interested in documenting the CG side of things really, though.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:40 pm

Ajay wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Shouldn’t Studio Bones also be added to the confirmed staff? Along with the CGI (or is it just CG) director?
It was Studio Guts. I'd be doing dances if the Bones regulars worked on this film!

I'll add it now. Not too interested in documenting the CG side of things really, though.
Lol, idk how i got those 2 mixed up. But yeah, it would be a glorious day if Bones was on the movie
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:21 am

Ajay since you're updating the first post, it's just to tell you these two scans are missing:

A much better look on SSB Goku/Vegeta
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Beerus/Whis design sheets
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
They came out before Freeza design was revealed.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super: Broly" - Animation Hub [Updated: 14/07]

Post by Zelvin » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:28 pm

Have they revealed Broly's new design? It looked like there had been some leaked images, but were too low quality to make much out. But looking at one without the armor on, and it seemed like...Broly has a big scar on the left side of his breast.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Which only brings to mind the scene of Broly being launched into the Sun in movie 10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdS6yKSRWYo?t=4m
...I think my theory about this being the Original Broly may be true, and that instead of dying, he got blasted into Universe 6. I could be entirely wrong. The image isn't clear and it could just be the way the shading is done in that image. It may not even be his final character design. But if it's true and this is the same Broly from the previous films, then Toriyama isn't simply rebooting him, but evolving him. That maybe whatever happened after Broly was blasted through the sun has evolved him somehow.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Zelvin wrote:Have they revealed Broly's new design? It looked like there had been some leaked images, but were too low quality to make much out. But looking at one without the armor on, and it seemed like...Broly has a big scar on the left side of his breast.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Which only brings to mind the scene of Broly being launched into the Sun in movie 10.
...I think my theory about this being the Original Broly may be true, and that instead of dying, he got blasted into Universe 6. I could be entirely wrong. The image isn't clear and it could just be the way the shading is done in that image. It may not even be his final character design. But if it's true and this is the same Broly from the previous films, then Toriyama isn't simply rebooting him, but evolving him. That maybe whatever happened after Broly was blasted through the sun has evolved him somehow.
Thats not the same Broly. The DBS movie Broly is a completely new Broly reboot and its gonna be his first time appearing in the official DB continuity or what people call canon. The dbz movie Broly is non-canon and is in no way the dbs movie Broly that is canon. And we don’t even know if Universe 6 has anything to do with the DBS movie.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:52 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Thats not the same Broly. The DBS movie Broly is a completely new Broly reboot and its gonna be his first time appearing in the official DB continuity or what people call canon. The dbz movie Broly is non-canon and is in no way the dbs movie Broly that is canon. And we don’t even know if Universe 6 has anything to do with the DBS movie.
We don't know for absolutely sure and Toriyama had said that the Movies just exist in their own timelines/dimensions. It isn't that they're non-canon, they just don't exist as part of the main timeline. It's like how Marvel does their alternate timelines/universes. 616, 420, etc etc. They're still part of the Dragon Ball Universe, just not within the main timeline of the series.

Until we get the full details, nothing is certain. Toriyama did say this was his take on the character, but that could just mean his take on telling a story involving the character of Broly. Takao Koyama was the one who wrote and created Broly and worked alongside Toriyama for many of his projects. Including Battle of Gods. While this story may be solely Toriyama's, it doesn't mean he's throwing out everything Koyama had contributed with the earlier films.

Ultimately, until we get more plot details and such, there is nothing we can be certain of.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Zelvin wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Thats not the same Broly. The DBS movie Broly is a completely new Broly reboot and its gonna be his first time appearing in the official DB continuity or what people call canon. The dbz movie Broly is non-canon and is in no way the dbs movie Broly that is canon. And we don’t even know if Universe 6 has anything to do with the DBS movie.
We don't know for absolutely sure and Toriyama had said that the Movies just exist in their own timelines/dimensions. It isn't that they're non-canon, they just don't exist as part of the main timeline. It's like how Marvel does their alternate timelines/universes. 616, 420, etc etc. They're still part of the Dragon Ball Universe, just not within the main timeline of the series.

Until we get the full details, nothing is certain. Toriyama did say this was his take on the character, but that could just mean his take on telling a story involving the character of Broly. Takao Koyama was the one who wrote and created Broly and worked alongside Toriyama for many of his projects. Including Battle of Gods. While this story may be solely Toriyama's, it doesn't mean he's throwing out everything Koyama had contributed with the earlier films.

Ultimately, until we get more plot details and such, there is nothing we can be certain of.
A different timeline/universe is the literal definition of non-canon.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:03 pm

Zelvin wrote:

Lol. Ok listen. Toriyama calls them different dimensions. Dimensions are NOT timelines. They’re more like another kind of reality. Or a different continuity. The dbz movies exist in a continuity seperate from the main continuity. What people call non-canon is anything the isn’t apart of the main continuity. In other words, the dbz movies and GT. The Broly movies aren’t apart of some random timeline like Future Trunks and his timeline. They are completely seperate from the main continuity. And the main continuity = canon.

A main factor that comes with the dbz movies being in different continuities from the main continuity is that it has MAJOR CONTRADICTIONS. Logic says that the story of the Broly movies can’t fit into the main continuity or “canon”. And since this new DBS movie is apart of the main continuity or canon, it automatically can’t have any links to the dbz Broly movies that are from a different continuity. This Broly is going to be a completely new character to the main continuity. Goku and co, won’t see Broly and say “Hey, thats Broly!”, because in the main continuity, they’ve never met. Sure, Broly may share so similarities in character with the dbz movie Broly but that still, in NO WAY, makes the dbz movie Broly canon or in the main continuity.

Long story short. The DBZ broly movies belong in a completely different dimension or continuity than the main continuity that people call canon.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Ajay wrote:

Could you at try to help give us idea about it though?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Zelvin wrote:

You're not really making any sense here and conflating an entirely different comic series' universal makeup with how Dragon Ball does it. Your theory is a huge stretch, to say the least.

Nevermind the fact that none of the Broly movies even happened in the series canon (supported by the fact that Goku and Vegeta had no familiarity with Kale's transformation), how exactly would Broly end up being blasted into Universe 6, anyway?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Zelvin wrote:Have they revealed Broly's new design? It looked like there had been some leaked images, but were too low quality to make much out. But looking at one without the armor on, and it seemed like...Broly has a big scar on the left side of his breast.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Could you please get a different picture that is clearer to see?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:43 pm

We got a better look at Broly's new design:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:48 pm

I imagine it'll look even better in motion, but that design is really sexy. Maybe a few too many lines for the muscles, but I think it'll be pared down eventually and look fine in motion.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

BakaManiaHD
Beyond Newbie

Post by BakaManiaHD » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:14 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:We got a better look at Broly's new design:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Woah, that looks sexy as hell! I was a little sceptical back when the low res JPEG got leaked but now , i'm completely hyped, I love his look
kill me

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:48 am

The design for his body looks good. He's not as ridiculously bulky this time around.

The lower half of him looks poor though. The colour scheme is off, purple was a bad choice. It's also just the standard tights and boots, nothing unique. In that regard the original Brolys lower half was a lot better.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:42 am

The design is good, but I like and don’t like the color scheme, I don’t like it because the color scheme isn’t to my taste but it’s unique.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:08 am

I decided to rewatch One Piece Film Z in order to prepare myself for the trailer, because that was the movie that made wish Nagamine would direct a DB Movie one day and it's finally happening. Still holds up. Such an 10/10 OP Movie! We also got Kazuo Ogura as the Art Director and Naohiro Shintani who also worked in that movie, is the character designer.

But the reason why that Movie is so perfect it's not only because of the good staff, but also because Oda did a great job. I couldn't care less about Strong World and Film Gold and those also look fantastic.

Hopefully this DBS movie looks that good too and everything doesn't go to waste with Toriyama's dropping the ball.

I'm actually surprised how the first fight scene in Film Z blows everything from BOG/ROF out of the water, except maybe Shida's cut in BOG. I didn't remember how good it was.
Then Film Gold starts in a much more stellar way with Shida doing a cut that's better than everything he ever did in DB.

It's actually embarrassing compare BOG/ROF to One Piece Movies and TV Specials that have been coming out in the last years. I hope this movie is what takes this franchise to new lengths and it's something that makes me proud.

I'm ready for the trailer!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:51 am

Thank god they gave Nakazawa more to work with than just character sheets otherwise I was worried it would be a repeat of ResF where majority of the figures were regurgitated poses from the design sheets. Though I remember Jacob saying that ResF was SB late so that would explain why. DB not only getting OP level of love from Toei but also the merchandising dept as OP's last film had a very similar roll out. Wild to thing we're at this stage now for DB after the unknown that was 2013. Excited to see Broly in motion now! I love the design and colour scheme.