Super Episode 131 (25 March 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Super Episode 131 (25 March 2018)

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:37 pm

WittyUsername wrote:I just realized that this episode kind of contradicts what the anime had previously shown us regarding Mojito. When U9 was erased, he let out a devious smirk, which clearly suggested that he resented his universe, and was happy that he no longer had to deal with their incompetence. In this episode however, he was shown smiling along with the other angels when all the universes were brought back. It kind of makes you wonder what exactly was the point in making him seem like such a dick previously. Was it just to make Universe 9’s erasure seem more unsettling?
Maybe he was in on the plan. Most of the angels seemed rather nonchalant about their universes being erased. Their father might have clued them in on the plan.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:50 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:I just realized that this episode kind of contradicts what the anime had previously shown us regarding Mojito. When U9 was erased, he let out a devious smirk, which clearly suggested that he resented his universe, and was happy that he no longer had to deal with their incompetence. In this episode however, he was shown smiling along with the other angels when all the universes were brought back. It kind of makes you wonder what exactly was the point in making him seem like such a dick previously. Was it just to make Universe 9’s erasure seem more unsettling?
Maybe he was in on the plan. Most of the angels seemed rather nonchalant about their universes being erased. Their father might have clued them in on the plan.
And I think he just hated Sidra and Roh for being incompetent dipshits rather than the entire universe.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:59 pm

Man. I cannot tell you how many times I have re-watched this episode this week. It is so perfect, what one paper sounds pretty eh turned out to be so great. The direction is just too good!

Jiren's smile when they break barrier is so great! Shows the moment he "got over his issues" as Vegeta said well and shows the effect of Goku! The whole team up was so cool, Goku and Freeza rushing with 17 was the Ki guy, and the first time I missed it but Jiren actually ripped Freeza's tail off. Honestly I do hope we see Jiren again, i think they closed his character well and the fact his wish didn't matter now, he grew past it thanks to Goku.

Zen-Oh actually having a plan beyond entertainment I actually really liked that, as we seen with Jiren this tournament will no doubt affect the universes in a positive manner, speaking of I love how Zen-Oh was basically us the audience asking if we were gonna see Goku again!

Also Krillin in his taco's t-shirt bold... doesn't match well :lol:

Love how they ended it with SSGSS, of course they would given the forms immense popularity!

It really doesn't get anymore satisfying then this!

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:26 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
gofishus wrote:
Well to be honest, the End of Z has the same issues, and that's supposed to be 'canon'. Doesn't exactly match up though. Why doesn't Goku know SSJ Blue? Does this make Uub have the potential to be more powerful than Jiren since Goku is so interested in him? Where is Beerus and Whis? The ending of Super creates a big problem with both EoZ (which is canon) and GT (which is not but fits better with EoZ than Super does)
Goku like fighting Buu and wanted his own student. Kid Buu can copy other moves, so maybe Uub can learn how to copy UI. I feel like Super creates less holes in the manga ending than fitting in with GT. As for Goku not using SSjB, he didn't want to use his full power just yet on Uub since he is still just a kid.

The only major thing that I feel like Super that contradict with the manga ending is that they said that they had 10 years of peace which they didn't and Goku saying Buu is the strongest villain that he has fought.
We don't have to overthink this.
DBS is more fitting to DBZ end than DBGT beginning, but there's always gonna be plot holes, just because Toriyama never planned to do more DB in his life, we have to deal with it.

OR, he can just throw away DBZ ending, to something else more fitting to DBS (that includes Ubb because he appeared in the manga), it's not ideal, but he can if he wants

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:36 pm

I'm still hoping at some point bulma or someone realizes they can use catnip to mess with beerus. And hopefully slips it in his food or something. Catnip brownies or pudding could be hilarious. Or did this already happen and was lost in translation somewhere?! 8d

If not maybe it could be a movie plot. It's the most obvious thing to do or have done to both U6 and U7's GoDs. They gave up a massive opportunity with the food plot a while back also. Unless it happened and it just wasn't obvious in english.

As to the endings. We still have the new movie to possibly short things up for us. If it doesn't span over a long period of time it could still fit in the timeline and fit the Z ending. If not surprise everyone and make the GT cannon thing happen. Maybe, "you know who," gets the dragon balls again while they are away on sadala in the other universe... They could easily make the beginning of GT make sense as he could be going after the dragon balls again.

And why do I get the feeling it's going to be a lot like the history of Vegeta with Freeza invading but with a different set of power levels invovled?! Maybe with some namek and brolly thrown in... It would be cool if the brought back cell and actually introduced brolly into cannon. Let alone any ramp ups to super 17.

I know an angle. Freeza could reproduce his original training and revive cell and brolly as training partners and train them up to be adequate trainers because of their potential to do that side of his training again. Maybe both brollies will be revived and he'll fuse with his clone. Or a lot of his clones to power up.

Is it me or is that gogeta?!
https://youtu.be/i-lCWZR1am0?t=96
Or was that fanart?!

Since this is the last episode this might be interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EByn4uJg5JY
TOP in real time in 48 minutes!
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:24 pm

Arugela wrote:Since this is the last episode this might be interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EByn4uJg5JY
TOP in real time in 48 minutes!
That's amusing. I expected the old ToP in real time videos where the uploader edited scenes to play at the same time, but this caught me by surprise. I tried watching it at 0.25x speed and it is similar to the show's normal playback speed. It doesn't fix the audio pitch but hearing characters doing squeaky screams is both annoying and hilarious. However, real Dragon Ball fans watch at 2x speed.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:18 am

I really like how they handled Frieza in the ending! Love that group shot where he's just there and how they don't show what he's up too. Though was kinda hoping he would be at Bulla's party haha.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:58 am

Best episode of DBS and the perfect way to end DBS! It has so many layers from start to finish.

-The fighting in Ep 131 is past the climatic point and is heading downhill to the conclusion which is great. It's a survival tournament with 80 fighters. So at some point these guys wouldn't have any power left to transform. So seeing Jiren vs Android 17, Frieza and Goku in pretty much base and struggling it out was the perfect ending to a grueling long tournament. The Super Saiyan going on and off was a great touch and example of the toll of the ToP. And it hit me when I saw Frieza and Goku fighting together how crazy that was and that it actually did happen. Frieza was written superbly in the ToP. I just wish he had a few more fights. The animation was insanely good that I couldn't believe it.

-Another perfect ending is Android 17 winning the ToP. The guy many of us believe was the MVP of the ToP for the way he performed throughout the ToP actually ends up winning it. Android 17 absolutely deserves to be the last man standing. So him winning totally validates the writers bringing him back. I thought they were going to bring him back to get him jobbed by Jiren. But no this was perfect. As for Android 17s wish of going on a cruise with his fam, I kept thinking that Bulma should just give Android 17 her cruise ship and that would grant is simple wish and that ended up happening too!

-Toppo shined through as the Leader of U11 in the Ep 131. The speech Toppo gave to Jiren is usually reserved for Krillin to say to Goku. So to see someone do it for the other side for the first time in DBS was nice to see. At least Toppo was willing to keep encouraging Jiren even though Jiren treated them all like trash the whole ToP.

-So Whis can actually bring people back to life!?!? Whis has so many secret angel powers like rewinding time and resurrecting people. That came as a total shock to me.

-Everyone was wished back to life and I was 50/50 the whole ToP on if that would happen or not. I'm very glad that did happen because I would've missed a handful of these characters. Those closing scenes on each Universe hit me hard that yes they're ok and they didn't die. And that was beautifully animated as well.

-The best surprises was when the Grand Priest revealed that the Zenos wanted whoever won the ToP to wish the others back otherwise he would've erased everything. Here I've been sitting during the entire ToP thinking the Zenos are childish supergods that erase things whimsically. And I read the conspiracy theories that the Grand Priest was evil and his angel children are also evil. Yet they had this whole Tournament of Power idea planned out knowing that no one would be erased for good. That's excellent misdirection writing to me.

-So it looks like Ultra Instinct and SSJBE are gone :o they only come when pushed to the edge.I like that those forms are not easily accessible and are rare

-Ending notes: Glad Trunks and Goten took care of the island and how about Pan dealing damage to Vegeta haha.

Alas, DBS is over. I doubt it's coming back. It wasn't perfect but it was enjoyable to me because it was a continuation of something I grew up with. Thanks for all the entertainment DBS
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:43 pm

What can I say about this episode that hasn't been said already. This was easily one of my favorite episodes of anything DB. Never in a million years would I have thought that Goku and Freeza would team up like that. My absolute favorite part was when they were rushing Jiren and Freeza turns to Son and yells "throw me!" I was like, "oh my god, they're actually using teamwork and strategy and working together!" I still get goosebumps remembering that scene. I felt like a kid again, back when I first started watching the series, and cheering them on; it felt great. I know people have had problems with Super, and the ToP in particular, but for me I just went along for the ride and enjoyed it immensely. So long Dragon Super. Onward to the new movie and beyond!
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Now that all is over, I'm wondering, what's up with those fake spoilers we all raged about? nothing about what was described there was real by an inch, I wanna know the reasoning behind the decision of doing that

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:24 pm

cuartas wrote:Now that all is over, I'm wondering, what's up with those fake spoilers we all raged about? nothing about what was described there was real by an inch, I wanna know the reasoning behind the decision of doing that
They do that constantly to create intrigue.

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:41 pm

KingKaash wrote:Alas, DBS is over. I doubt it's coming back.
There is A LOT to suggest that it will be back, between the timing of the show ending around the time of the movie announcement (can't have those resources split), the narrator saying they're taking a "brief break", Dragon Ball merchandise projected being the top seller of this year, and Nozawa's comments about the show coming back, Super will almost certainly return in 2019 or 2020 the latest, even if it's not under the same name.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:55 pm

Asura wrote:
There is A LOT to suggest that it will be back, between the timing of the show ending around the time of the movie announcement (can't have those resources split), the narrator saying they're taking a "brief break", Dragon Ball merchandise projected being the top seller of this year, and Nozawa's comments about the show coming back, Super will almost certainly return in 2019 or 2020 the latest, even if it's not under the same name.
Also litterally ALL of the voice actors said that they think the show will come back.
Get Fucked, C_unt

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Asura wrote:
Also litterally ALL of the voice actors said that they think the show will come back.

Also has anyone heard the "theory" that we, the fans = Zeno? He knew the outcome of the Wish, gets hyped up for these intense battles, is the most powerful being (fans=db success), and he asks Goku if he will return...somehow I feel it was directed at us.

^I've been seeing this around lately think it's a rather cute idea lol.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:31 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
And I think he just hated Sidra and Roh for being incompetent dipshits rather than the entire universe.
Well, it definitely was a shithole universe too. It created rugged survivalist types, but still Mojito didn't seem to particularly enjoy his job.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:47 pm

Son Gara wrote:What can I say about this episode that hasn't been said already. This was easily one of my favorite episodes of anything DB. Never in a million years would I have thought that Goku and Freeza would team up like that. My absolute favorite part was when they were rushing Jiren and Freeza turns to Son and yells "throw me!" I was like, "oh my god, they're actually using teamwork and strategy and working together!" I still get goosebumps remembering that scene. I felt like a kid again, back when I first started watching the series, and cheering them on; it felt great. I know people have had problems with Super, and the ToP in particular, but for me I just went along for the ride and enjoyed it immensely. So long Dragon Super. Onward to the new movie and beyond!
Yeah, that part gave me goosebumps - but not quite as much the scene subsequent to Freeza's attempt to force Jiren out.
That scene - Freeza clinging onto Jirens arm for all he was worth, knowing that he HAD to hold on, trusting that Goku was close behind; and then, justifying that trust, Goku dives at them trying to go SSJ but not having enough left to actually sustain it.

Awesome doesn't even BEGIN to describe it.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:42 pm

This has been a very solid arc up to the very end (minus a handful of rough episodes with poor writing/animation). I just think the end of the arc was a bit rushed and it certainly would not have hurt to dedicate 1 more full episode towards showing all of the characters parting ways and going back to their daily lives. I would have liked more than a couple minutes of showing characters outside of Universe 7.

And Thank GAWD Android 17 got off of that ridiculous wish he had planned at first. He still ended up with his boat trip without the wish which is pretty funny. :roll:
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

Son Vegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Vegito » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:09 am

Late to the party.

The final Super episode was decent. Not a fan of the twist. So this whole tournament was basically the same as the previous one, only did they make the fighters believe they would get erased? Alright it was unpredictable but at the same time this confirms there's no threat in the DBverse anymore. All the Angels being evil theory can be thrown in the trashbin now. What is even the purpose of this series other than surpassing your limits? I mean they could done so much more with the angels.

Fights and animation were spectacular. With the end I'm pretty sure the series will resume next year. They just don't want the animation quality to decrease with the upcoming movie and One Piece WCI arc finale. I also read there's gonna be a DB world tour this year. I'm pretty positive the franchise will become even bigger next year with more fans. I still remember the boost Naruto got with Shippuden.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:08 am

The reason why Frieza got revived was due to his appearance in the movie and that he was to be made as Goku's archenemy.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:00 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:HOLD THE DAMN PHONE!!..... Whis can bring the fricken DEAD back?

- Goku Got Nerfed.. Probably to realistically save room for future villains. Which is kinda smart in my opinion.

- If anything I'm most shocked about Freeza being alive.. for now anyway. Hopfully new dude in the Movie this year kills him so that there's still some wiggle room for GT to fit with this time line lol.

- 17 on facetime was cool too lol..

Whelp, Cheers to the future! :thumbup:
Nah they retcon gt and also shin and kibito are no longer fused. Also hell is potray es much diffently than in the fillers and gt back in the day.