What do you wish was done differently now that Super is over?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: What do you wish was done differently now that Super is over?

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:18 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I have a lot of ideas but something I've been playing with lately is the idea of removing Gohan and Tenshinhan from the Tournament of Power and replacing them with Videl and Chi-Chi. I think the character interactions would've been more fun and those two are so played out that their mere presence is nauseating.
Please tell mr you're not serious
Get Fucked, C_unt

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I have a lot of ideas but something I've been playing with lately is the idea of removing Gohan and Tenshinhan from the Tournament of Power and replacing them with Videl and Chi-Chi. I think the character interactions would've been more fun and those two are so played out that their mere presence is nauseating.
I'm totally serious. Why would I not be? Gohan doesn't want to fight anymore and he's way better off when he isn't fighting. Tenshinhan has nothing to him to tell. With Videl and Chi-Chi you can mess around with the character interactions a lot more and break some rules. Chi-Chi has become so one-note that breaking that rule would be as satisfying and refreshing as a nice, long walk on the first day of summer. With Videl you can show that she hasn't sacrificed her ultra-femininity to be powerful. With Kuririn and #18 and Gokuu and Chi-Chi you get not one but two married couples fighting together. With Videl you can probably have her fight alongside Muten Roushi and Piccolo for different kinds of gags.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:27 pm

- Remove the first two seasons (Battle of Gods, Resurrection F).
- Introduce better looking characters in the third season (Universe Tournament) and rely more on martial arts than just beam here, beam there.
- Have Tullece alongside Goku Black just to twist it even more in its fourth season (Future Trunks)
- The fifth and final season, it should have been something new, fresh and original than another universe tournament that lasted forever.
- Keep the transformations to a minimum without abusing it.
- Get rid of Sumitomo and his music.

So, basically.. redo the entire thing. lol
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:43 pm

1. No absorbing SSG for Goku and Vegeta uses SSG as well. No OP base forms. Have it to where the edge comes from SSG and SSB

2. Use SSG ritual on F Trunks and then have him go into ROSAT with Vegeta, then his rage boost powerup is more understandable as opposed to jumping from being inferior to base form black to throwing hands with M Zamasu

3. Stick with Gohan training after RoF, none of this "piccolo whips him into shape" shit. Just have videl make some statement to goku when he comes looking that gohan has been training religiously for the past year + and then have them spar and goku be wildly impressed with his power. No overnight gains

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:52 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
I'm totally serious. Why would I not be? Gohan doesn't want to fight anymore and he's way better off when he isn't fighting. Tenshinhan has nothing to him to tell. With Videl and Chi-Chi you can mess around with the character interactions a lot more and break some rules. Chi-Chi has become so one-note that breaking that rule would be as satisfying and refreshing as a nice, long walk on the first day of summer. With Videl you can show that she hasn't sacrificed her ultra-femininity to be powerful. With Kuririn and #18 and Gokuu and Chi-Chi you get not one but two married couples fighting together. With Videl you can probably have her fight alongside Muten Roushi and Piccolo for different kinds of gags.
... Bringing Chichi and Video to the tournament would be like bringing a bag of piss, the utility would be the same :lol: At this point just bring Goten and Trunks, unless they create some other excuse. At least they can actually fight people who are above average human level. Hell, even Yamcha and Mr.Satan would be more useful. There's never going to be a situation where they'll be desperate enough to bring Chichi and Videl with them.
Get Fucked, C_unt

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:59 pm

ChiChi hates fighting to the point where she complains about goku training and never lets goten train or fight with goku

Videl is a housewife whose last fight nearly killed her and it was against someone who even tien would absolutely trash with zero effort

Instead of bringing chichi and videl you might as well show up with 8

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:16 pm

Chi-Chi and Videl have so much free time because of how well behaved their kids are they can meditate all day to raise their ki. There, perfect excuse.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:20 pm

Logania wrote: But no one else got God Ki except Goku and Vegeta for the show, sooooo...
I'm trying to say that they could further develop the concept so that characters can be brought back into their prime, such as Piccolo, who's dealt with being a god and has some god powers as well.
prince212 wrote: I agree , I meant “like most of the anime “ on the context of having a manga that comes ahead , but I like the method of two continuities with differences , based on the same story .
I think that there’s no better version than the other , just personal preferences or tastes . Both super anime-manga can improve for sure , but I think that manga coming first can help more the anime than vice versa .
Hmm idk if that would be good for the manga though. The anime is what brings in all the cash and viewers so it doesn't really need anymore help. However due to the many mistakes made in the Anime, the manga sometimes corrects those mistakes which satisfies those upset over inconsistencies in the anime. It's a rather unusual situation for both the manga and anime, but it seems to work in favor of each other.
Hawk9211 wrote:-Develop the concept of god ki outside its godly powerful.
-Move on from saiyan concept.
-Do the retellings better.
-Make U6 tournament longer.
-Explore zamasu much more.He should go from good to conflicted to bad,don't start from conflicted.
-Develop races and concepts outside the saiyans.
-Before doing top,do arcs involving at least 4 universes.
-Cut down recruitment arc.
-God Ki is one of the many things introduced in Super that has yet to be properly explained and developed.

-What do you mean by move from the Saiyan Concept?

- I agree with how Zamasu should begin as good, conflicted to bad as well. Make's his character more interesting and allows us to be more sympathetic with him.

-Eh I disagree. I feel the ToP is a great way to introduce us to these universes. It's just that their universes should have been represented much better in displaying what exactly their universe is about. Ribrianne's universe and U11 were the only ones. Every other universes just had a recurring theme of characters.

-Why cut down the recruitment arc? The recruitment arc is a great way to introduce us to these universes like you've said. I'm assuming you mean to decrease the amount of episodes focusing on Universe 7. IF that's the case, then I agree, and then in exchange should put more focus on the other universes.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Please tell mr you're not serious
... Bringing Chichi and Video to the tournament would be like bringing a bag of piss, the utility would be the same :lol: At this point just bring Goten and Trunks, unless they create some other excuse. At least they can actually fight people who are above average human level. Hell, even Yamcha and Mr.Satan would be more useful. There's never going to be a situation where they'll be desperate enough to bring Chichi and Videl with them.
I have to agree with Vegeta_Sama.. this is a terrible idea. It seems you just want couples in the tournament, which is unneccesary. It's about survival, not really about marital interactions.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:30 pm

-Cut the stupid Krillin “regains his fighting spirit” episodes and make the Hit assination plot an actual storyline.

-Yamcha should have been added in the RoF retelling at least. I’d rather both retellings get cut since they sucked, but I’d have been okay if they added him in. Also fuck Roshi, Yamcha should have been our third human in the ToP. On second though, given the treatment of the humans not named Roshi, it’d probably be better if Yamcha got a side episode during ToP.

-Better powerscaling

-Introduce one of the Uni 10 fighters during the black arc

More should come to mind but everyone else sort of said what I’d like to.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Honestly, I probably would need to rewatch. Been so long since I saw the BoG/RoF anime portions. Here are some general thoughts though:

• I think I'd have Freeza be brought back to life before BoG. I'd also introduce the Champa/Vados stuff earlier. That way, you have a bunch of things going on at the same time (Beerus/Whis, Freeza, Goku/Vegeta, rest of earthlings, Champa/Vados, etc). My complaint has been that the movies don't really translate well into anime arcs. This would integrate them better
• This is mostly a power scaling thing, but I wouldn't have Goku fighting Freeza in his base in the RoF portion. It seems that Toriyama originally wanted to kill off the rest of the forms, and preferred just "Beyond God" base forms and Blue. That appears to have been retconned later on. So Goku could fight final form Freeza in standard SSJ.
• In the U6 Tournament, I would have Buu not fail the test. Knowing that he won't be participating in the ToP later on, it would have been better if he had an opportunity to fight here (I really liked his battle in the exhibition match).
• Another power scaling thing, I would have the anime go the route the manga took, and have Goku utilize the red SSG against Hit to conserve stamina. They really wrote themselves into a corner with kaio-ken blue, and it created a massive chasm between Goku and Vegeta that doesn't exist in the anime. I would however keep Hit's ability to improve during battle, which was more prominent in the anime than the manga.
• In terms of the Zamasu arc, I think I'd like a combination of the anime and manga. Keep Black strong, but give him SSJ (and have him use Rose later on). Get rid of the rage Trunks form, and give him his kaioshin powers. Have Vegeta use the SSG->Blue technique Goku used in the previous arc, and give Goku Mastered Blue (and again, no kaio-ken). I prefer the anime ending to the manga one.
• This one is big: HAVE TRUNKS GO TO THE UNSEEN TIMELINE THAT CELL CAME FROM INSTEAD. Seriously, I thought this was the angle they'd go with when they used Cell's time machine. Going to a future with two copies of Trunks is asinine to me.
• I liked having Vegeta achieve Mastered Blue while training with Beerus before returning to Earth.
• You know, I would've liked another arc between this and the Tournament of Power. While Vegeta is waiting for Bra to be born, could have a Goku exclusive thing. Maybe he travels to another universe? I think the Universe 4 rivalry with Beerus was underdeveloped, so maybe he should visit there.
• I prefer the Exhibition Match in the anime honestly. I would just have Goku use Mastered Blue instead of kaio-ken against Bergamo and Toppo.
• The recruitment stuff wasn't bad, but again, would not have Goku use kaio-ken against Gohan (mastered instead). I don't mind him using Blue against anyone else, because the goal was for them to be familiar with fighting people of that level (and he wasn't going all-out). I love the Freeza stuff, it's a poor decision by Toyotaro to exclude it.
• I'd make the tournament itself something like 3-4 hours. 48 minutes requires too much suspension of disbelief.
• Again, no kaio-ken blue for Goku. I'd also have Vegeta not get a new form (instead, he'd show some signs of UI, maybe the offensive end).
• Universe 4 would have a better showing ideally. They should really have gotten more eliminations, since they and Quitela were hyped as rivals to U7 and Beerus. Also, I'd probably have Kahseral and Nigrisshi have better showings, given that they were hyped in advance.
• Belmoud is portrayed in a way that seemingly foreshadows something happening with him later on, but nothing happens. He doesn't even say a word after being resurrected. Maybe have him give up his GoD spot to Toppo via some ritual?
• Would be fund to have Goku and Beerus duke it out at the end. But since UI is not permanent, it wouldn't be as competitive I guess.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:58 pm

Exline wrote: I'm trying to say that they could further develop the concept so that characters can be brought back into their prime, such as Piccolo, who's dealt with being a god and has some god powers as well.
I was in the same boat of God Ki when the show was running, but since it has ended and through the whole series they never touched the idea ever again, I'd rather them just scrap the concept of them keeping God Ki as it did nothing but mess up power scaling with other characters.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:10 pm

It's easy to write off how strong Videl and Chi-Chi are, so I don't see how there is an issue there. The idea is teamwork, so why not use new interactions that haven't been done before? Kuririn an #18 not really working together was terribly unfun.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:33 pm

Kibitoshin should have never defused:

-It amounted to nothing
-Kibito was still as irrelevant as ever
-Shin lost all of his credibility in DBS

At least Kibitoshin had the design potential to be a good comic relief, and the appeal of using Teleport.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:50 pm

The biggest change I'd make is completely removing the Beerus and Freeza arcs as well as making the first two episodes stand-alone specials. I'd also introduce twin Zen-Oh's from the start since that would completely eliminate the need for the Future Trunks arc. So basically you'd have the Battle of Gods and Resurrection F movies, two specials, and then the two tournament arcs back to back!

Kurakaio

Post by Kurakaio » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:53 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Kurakaio wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:Kibito Kai not de-fusing
Frieza going back to Hell
Lol somebody want GT to be canon.
Why does those two minor things mean "GT should be canon?"
It was a joke, but because both of these are things that majorly conflict with GT.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:35 pm

Kurakaio wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Kurakaio wrote:
Lol somebody want GT to be canon.
Why does those two minor things mean "GT should be canon?"
It was a joke, but because both of these are things that majorly conflict with GT.
lol @ you guys thinking I was being serious

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:41 pm

Better planning from the start, and not sidelining characters unnecessarily are the two main things I'd do differently.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:58 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
I don't care one jot for the power scaling side of things, but Gohan's entire character is he fights to protect. His family is one of the main things he wants to protect. There's no way in hell he'd let his wife go in his place to a tournament where she could fight someone and get as mangled as she did against Spopovich when he's stronger if only due to winning the genetic lottery.

That said seeing Chi-Chi get pissed over Caulifla's interest in her husband is something I could see happening easily...she'd try to fight her, Kale would try to fight Chi-Chi in turn and we're written into a corner since Chi-Chi has no option but to get demolished. Chi-Chi is presumably around Roshi's level but she lacks any useful techniques like that paralyising lightning ki move or the mafuba. A shame she never recieved any techniques of her own.

Replacing Tenshinhan I'm all for; the guy is such a recluse there's not really any interesting conversation potential with him. He only interacted with Roshi and even then it was mostly just him praising the turtle hermit all the time. At least if we'd brought Yamcha or either of those girls we'd have had a ton more options for character interaction.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:05 pm

I really enjoyed Super. Small changes would make it perfect, some of them:

[spoiler]Battle of Gods Saga:
-Vegeta goes SSJ3 when Beerus hits Bulma.
-Goku doesn't go SSJ after he loses the SSG powers.

Revival of F Saga:
-SSG ritual for Vegeta.
-Filler episodes of Jaco adventures mixed with training sessions of Goku and Vegeta with Whis.
-Freeza trained at least one year before coming back to Earth. And his methods are shown.
-Buu isn't sleeping and joins the fight vs Freeza's army. No. 18 also fights.
-At least four more subbosses in Freeza's army (like Tagoma and Shisami).
-SSG Goku and Vegeta get to fight Freeza.
-Whis rewind time so SSG Goku and SSG Vegeta get to fight together for the first time.
-Vegeta kills Freeza.

Universe 6 Saga:
-SSB is attained by Goku and Vegeta at Beerus' place.
-Filler episodes of Champa and Vados, and the U6 fighters.
-No test so Buu actually participates.
-Frost is a good Freeza.
-Botamo defeats Buu and loses to Piccolo.
-Piccolo defeats Frost and loses to Magetta.
-Vegeta takes out Magetta and Cabba, and loses to Hit.
-Goku and Vegeta new gis are worn until the end of Super.

Future Trunks Saga:
-Future Trunks has purple hair color.
-Black goes SSJ.
-Rumoosh and Cus are introduced.
-(I really like Beerus but...) Rumoosh hakais present Zamasu after Whis and Beerus visit U10 and inform him.
-Fused Zamasu has Goku Black's skin color.
-Fused Zamasu doesn't takes damage until the fight against Vegito.

Another arc where Gods or fighters of U1, U5, U8 and/or U12 are introduced. Or planet Salad arc.

Universe Survival Saga:
-Goku goes SSG against Bergamo and SSB against Toppo in the pretournament.
-Tenshinhan is more like z-Tenshinhan.
-Buu wakes up after recruiting Freeza and Krillin or No. 18 drops out of the tournament.
-Test of the arena involves U1, U5, U8, and U12 GoDs.
-Other universes take eliminations, and not only U7.
-Buu heals U7 fighters and is targeted by Maji kayo.
-LSSJ Kale is not SSB level and Freeza stops her.
-Frost and Hit vs Dyspo and Kunshi.
-Toppo helps on defeating Anilaza.
-Dyspo vs No. 17 and Freeza. No. 17 sacrificies.
-No Goku grey hair. I mean, MUI is still base Goku with grey eyes.
-Of course, Gohan makes the wish.
-Back on Earth, Beerus talks to Goku about UI.[/spoiler]

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:04 am

I'm not finished writing it, but here's what I'd do if I had only 50% control over the series. I had to toss out my original idea for an ending to the Tournament of Power after watching Episode #131 so I'm still working on how I'd incorporate that ending here. If you have the time give it a read. It's way too many characters to post in a single forum post. >_<
She/Her
bisexual milf