Kaioken Blue vs Mastered Super Saiyan Blue. Which is Better?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Kaioken Blue vs Mastered Super Saiyan Blue. Which is Better?

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Exline wrote:I agree that some of those panels have great angles and contain great choreography (Such as the moment where zamasu and goku's punches connect, where zamasu's fist goes through a portal.) but that's something we expect to see and did see after the form's introduction. Toyotaro could have the made the form's introduction seem more interesting by allowing Goku to make Zamasu be in awe of CSSB's power for only it's introduction.
Well, I do kind of agree with that. I still don't think that it necessarily had to be conveyed through a super-shonen-cliche sucker punch or anything, but it's true that Toyotaro could have done a bit more with it on that first page before proceeding to the show the two engaging in a flurry of punches. Either way, the dynamism was still up there compared to a lot of other manga artists who often struggle with storyboarding in particular.

Despite some of Chapter 24's hiccups, Chapter 25 was still great in terms of its paneling, and I think that's when Toyotaro really started to display the impact of the form.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Re: Kaioken Blue vs Mastered Super Saiyan Blue. Which is Better?

Post by Exline » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
Exline wrote:I agree that some of those panels have great angles and contain great choreography (Such as the moment where zamasu and goku's punches connect, where zamasu's fist goes through a portal.) but that's something we expect to see and did see after the form's introduction. Toyotaro could have the made the form's introduction seem more interesting by allowing Goku to make Zamasu be in awe of CSSB's power for only it's introduction.
Well, I do kind of agree with that. I still don't think that it necessarily had to be conveyed through a super-shonen-cliche sucker punch or anything, but it's true that Toyotaro could have done a bit more with it on that first page before proceeding to the show the two engaging in a flurry of punches. Either way, the dynamism was still up there compared to a lot of other manga artists who often struggle with storyboarding in particular.

Despite some of Chapter 24's hiccups, Chapter 25 was still great in terms of its paneling, and I think that's when Toyotaro really started to display the impact of the form.
Yeah I was just using it as an example. Anything that could show Goku's got this would've been great. And it definitely makes CSSB great in 25.