I believe Whis is the new favorite character of Akira

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

I believe Whis is the new favorite character of Akira

Post by Lujin_16 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:38 am

and i think really close to his character or maybe i'm wrong :think:

What do you think???

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: I believe Whis is the new favorite character of Akira

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:00 am

17 is his new favourite more like based on the ridiculous amount of good treatment he received.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:51 am

What gives you the impression?
namekiansaiyan wrote:17 is his new favourite more like based on the ridiculous amount of good treatment he received.
I think one of those working at Toei is an admitted fan of 17, if I'm not wrong.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 am

Torturephile wrote:What gives you the impression?
namekiansaiyan wrote:17 is his new favourite more like based on the ridiculous amount of good treatment he received.
I think one of those working at Toei is an admitted fan of 17, if I'm not wrong.
Um, yeah, but the person you're referring to is also a fan of all the characters, so that's not really saying much.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:59 am

Lujin_16 wrote:and i think really close to his character or maybe i'm wrong :think:

What do you think???
Why do you think this? What are some of the hints you see leading you to believe this? What are these elements about Whis that you say(?) that you(?) think like(?)?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:13 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Um, yeah, but the person you're referring to is also a fan of all the characters, so that's not really saying much.
No one likes every character the same so whoever you are talking about will treat characters differently and sometimes they subconscious do treat some characters better based on these preferences.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:41 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:

No one likes every character the same so whoever you are talking about will treat characters differently and sometimes they subconscious do treat some characters better based on these preferences.
Yes, but what does one writers favouritism of a character have to do with the influence of the base script, which isn't something they have any creative control of.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:41 am

I think it would be safe to say that Toriyama has great fun with anything involving Beerus, Whis and Freeza, among the contemporary Dragon Ball cast.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:56 am

One of the reasons is Beerus who is inspired by Akira's cat and Whis is his master (Akira)

Makes sense right??

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:28 am

Lujin_16 wrote:One of the reasons is Beerus who is inspired by Akira's cat and Whis is his master (Akira)

Makes sense right??
No. Whis is Beerus' attendant, not his master.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:One of the reasons is Beerus who is inspired by Akira's cat and Whis is his master (Akira)

Makes sense right??
I love how you made an entire thread based on a ( non-confirmed by any source ) showerthought.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Whis is just a magician! He is the very definition of a plot solver! Makes the writing so much easier, can rewind time? Yup. Can fast forward pregnancy? Yup. Can travel through universes? Yup. Can resurrect people from the dead? Yup. It is just he is very convenient to have around.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:04 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Whis is just a magician! He is the very definition of a plot solver! Makes the writing so much easier, can rewind time? Yup. Can fast forward pregnancy? Yup. Can travel through universes? Yup. Can resurrect people from the dead? Yup. It is just he is very convenient to have around.
He is basically a plot device.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:14 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Whis is just a magician! He is the very definition of a plot solver! Makes the writing so much easier, can rewind time? Yup. Can fast forward pregnancy? Yup. Can travel through universes? Yup. Can resurrect people from the dead? Yup. It is just he is very convenient to have around.
So he basically has the same role as the dragon balls, only way more convenient? Maybe the series should be renamed "Whis"

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:07 am

Both Whis and Toriyama are master trolls, so I see your point.