Was the reason why Goku doesn't talk much in Ultra Instinct because of Masako Nozawa?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Was the reason why Goku doesn't talk much in Ultra Instinct because of Masako Nozawa?

Post by Asura » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:55 am

Could it be that this was done to give Nozawa a break from all that talking and screaming?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Was the reason why Goku doesn't talk much in Ultra Instinct because of Masako Nozawa?

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:33 am

No, it's because of what the form represents.

Kenneth La Torre

Re: Was the reason why Goku doesn't talk much in Ultra Instinct because of Masako Nozawa?

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Idk, goku had bo trouble talking when he completed Ultra Instinct.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:50 am

They should have also got rid of the screaming, especially with modern Nozawa, the moment when Jiren knocked Goku back in #130 and all you here is that annoying "waaaaaaaaaaaaah" scream it totally took me out the scene. How can they have an intense battle with that choice of scream?

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:47 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Idk, goku had bo trouble talking when he completed Ultra Instinct.
He talks more every time he activates the form it seems. Well, maybe. He was completely mute the first time aside from the scream at the very end, talked a little bit of shit to Kefla the second time, pretty sure he was almost completely mute the third time aside from breathing which sounded like Nozawa coughing up a loogie, and then the most he talks is in mastered UI so that kind of makes me think that they did it for Nozawa, because it's not very consistent and he really only starts talking and screaming a lot in MUI.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:10 am

At first I think he struggled to even keep the form active while fighting Jiren. Makes sense there. But later Goku did appear to be talking perfectly fine right before defeating Kefla and when fighting Jiren his 2nd time. Don't really think it's because of anything in particular. Maybe just at first because the form was new to him at Ep. 110.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:They should have also got rid of the screaming, especially with modern Nozawa, the moment when Jiren knocked Goku back in #130 and all you here is that annoying "waaaaaaaaaaaaah" scream it totally took me out the scene. How can they have an intense battle with that choice of scream?
That scream was used constantly when Goku was a little kid, less when he grew up, but it was still there. Was your problem just the use during the fight or?