Does 131 shed light on "mortal level"?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Does 131 shed light on "mortal level"?

Post by PFM18 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:51 pm

After seeing the ending of the Tournament of Power where it is revealed that the tournament was a moral test of sorts orchestrated by Zeno and the Grand Priest. Now, doesn't that call into question the earlier established idea that the lower 8 universes would be erased for being inferior?

That made me think, that what if the "mortal level" was referring to how ethical the mortals are in that universe. Since apparently it is very important how ethical the mortals are, given this was a test of the mortal's selfishness, it makes you wonder if what they value in the mortals is the morality of them. Like to me it seems that it is possible that Unis 1,5,8,12 may have had the most ethical mortals with the least amount of evil instead of being the most powerful or the most developed. Since ultimately the tournament became about ethics and being trustworthy to your friends and what not, it would make sense if the tournament originated by Zeno/GP trying to see if the "lower" mortals could be trusted or if they are just as shitty as they thought they were. This would prove whether or not they are decent people and whether they "deserve" to live, depending on if the MVP wished for the other Universes to come back or not

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Does 131 shed light on "mortal level"?

Post by Asura » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:35 am

I think Universe 7 was next to last for mortal level with only U9 being worse than them, right? So were the people in Universe 7 really that unethical? I dunno, maybe we'll learn about what mortal levels are in the future, that's something that I think could come up if we ever learn about universes 1,5,8, and 12. As of right now though, there's not really much evidence to point to to say that mortal level is really anything other than not power levels.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:18 am

Asura wrote:I think Universe 7 was next to last for mortal level with only U9 being worse than them, right? So were the people in Universe 7 really that unethical?
Apparently Freeza influenced several civilizations to rule by power and there is a need for a Galatic Patrol. Freeza is arguably even worse than U9 themselves, so I can see where they come from.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:57 am

Asura wrote:I think Universe 7 was next to last for mortal level with only U9 being worse than them, right? So were the people in Universe 7 really that unethical? I dunno, maybe we'll learn about what mortal levels are in the future, that's something that I think could come up if we ever learn about universes 1,5,8, and 12. As of right now though, there's not really much evidence to point to to say that mortal level is really anything other than not power levels.
But if it was just a measure of Power levels, then I don't think Universe 7 would be second from the bottom because almost nobody in the multiverse can compete with Goku,Vegeta, Freeza and 17. There's only really the U11 guys, Kefla, Hit, and Aniraza that can compete with them so it appears they would have a much higher rank had this just been a ranking of power level

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:02 am

Asura wrote:I think Universe 7 was next to last for mortal level with only U9 being worse than them, right? So were the people in Universe 7 really that unethical? I dunno, maybe we'll learn about what mortal levels are in the future, that's something that I think could come up if we ever learn about universes 1,5,8, and 12. As of right now though, there's not really much evidence to point to to say that mortal level is really anything other than not power levels.
Why would Zeno want to erase universes based on their power levels especially after his intent was revealed in 131? Why would universe 7 be the second lowest when it's clearly much stronger than the rest of the universes besides 11?
Universe 9 was constantly stated and shown to be a bad and rough universe, to suggest they are a shitty universe with shitty people hence their bad mortal level.

It's really very clear that mortal levels are not about actual power levels.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:12 pm

PFM18 wrote:
But if it was just a measure of Power levels, then I don't think Universe 7 would be second from the bottom because almost nobody in the multiverse can compete with Goku,Vegeta, Freeza and 17. There's only really the U11 guys, Kefla, Hit, and Aniraza that can compete with them so it appears they would have a much higher rank had this just been a ranking of power level
Amir wrote:
Why would Zeno want to erase universes based on their power levels especially after his intent was revealed in 131? Why would universe 7 be the second lowest when it's clearly much stronger than the rest of the universes besides 11?
Universe 9 was constantly stated and shown to be a bad and rough universe, to suggest they are a shitty universe with shitty people hence their bad mortal level.

Yes, hence why I said "anything other than NOT power levels"

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:38 pm

Asura wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Amir wrote:

Yes, hence why I said "anything other than NOT power levels"
Oh I get what you are saying now. What do you think it means though?
Amir wrote:

What exactly do you think it is?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:27 pm

PFM18 wrote:What exactly do you think it is?
Empathy and selfishness? I think Zeno wanted an emphatic warrior to stand out among the crowd in the end. If this winner was a little bit selfish that would mean the erasure of the "selfish" universes.