How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue May 01, 2018 6:51 pm

Just a general buff among all the universes so they don't all get curb stomped in one episode.

If I could have anything to rework my team? One of these!

This is a guyver unit, a biobooster armour that magnifies the hosts power 100 fold. I'd have the thing lobed right a Jiren.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:58 pm

Saiga wrote:I don't see a problem with 17 and 18 fighting. Despite how they were portrayed, they should have no issue fighting in the tournament when their existence is on the line. I'd just remove any references characters have to not caring if they get erased because that was just weird.

I'd drop Roshi straight up, having him come out of retirement goes against his nice character arc in the original and it just feels so shallow trying to give him awesome moments. Not every character needs that.

Boo being added is a must, it is really frustrating how Super has refused to use him. The same goes for Goten and Trunks - the excuses the show presented fall completely flat, they're way too valuable to leave out even without fusion. I could actually see a justification in Goku/Vegeta not wanting to expose children to something as heavy as a universe erasing tournament, but it'd be better just to have them in and actually made some use of them.

As for who I'd cut - two of Kuririn, Tenshinhan, Freeza or 17. Cutting the humans keeps the Universe 7 team's power much closer together which makes it easier to create challanges in the other universes without as much contrivance, however I think Freeza returning was a terrible idea and would like for the series to have stopped using him. So if Freeza is dropped, it would be either Ten or 17 to go. It'd be easy to cut 17 on the grounds that he's not in contact with the cast or wasn't thought of, but I think it makes more sense for the characters to include him and it'd be neat to see him again (without the pandering that happened in the anime).

If it wasn't possible to drop Freeza I'd just cut the humans.
Welp Frieza is alive again at the end personally I just wished the other teams would get more screen time.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Thu May 10, 2018 8:04 pm

First I would kind of improve Certain Characters by giving them more Moves or New Enhanced Variants of Old Moves

Examples:

Caulifla: Shattering Spiral (Kinda Resembles Cooler’s SuperNova), Lustrous Fury (would be Caulifla’s Version of Meteor Crash), Burning Wave (A One-Handed Red Energy Wave that she can charge)
Kale: Emerald Devastation (SSJ2 Kale’s Version of Broly God’s Version of Gigantic Destruction), Jade Bash (SSJ2 Kale’s Version of Burning Strike), Double Super Gigantic Impact (Basically a more powerful Gigantic Impact)
Kefla: Emerald Spiral (Combo of Shattering Spiral & Emerald Devastation), Rumbling Jab (Kefla’s Version of Super God Fist), Titanic Wave (a way more powerful version of Burning Wave). Blazing Bash (A more powerful verion of Jade Bash)
Hit: Time Wave (Kinda Acts like Janemba’s Lighting Shower Rain but causes a time Freezing effect)
18: Overload Burst (a more Powerful Version of High-Pressure Energy Wave), Sadistic Fury ( a More Powerful Version of Deadly Dance), Destructo Disc Breaker (basically her variant of Krillin’s Destructo Disc Triple Blade), Savage Assault (A Larger More Rapid shot Wave Like verison of Power Blitz that’s One Handed)

i Would Give Gohan Potential Unleashed Strengthened Super Saiyan 2 during the Tournament

make Universe 2 less preachy about Love (especially Ribrianne) plus alter her Super Form & Giant Form's Appearance to reference Female Power Rangers & UltraWoman Beth

Replace Dr Rota with a U6 Female Counterpart of Vegeta. this Female Saiyan's Awakening of SSJ Forms be backed up with the story of Cabba showing SSJ off to the U6 Saiyan King and which lead her to wanting to awaken it as well and also ask Vados to be her Teacher to train her from the time between the End of The U6 vs U7 Tournament to before The Tournament of Power. this Female Saiyan has 3 Forms that she learning through Seeing Cabba Show it off plus Vados asking Whis how many forms there are and how to unlock them.

SSJ - her initial transformation

SSJ God - Reveals it when she is gained up on by one of the universes

SSJ Destruction - revealed when she Goes up against God Toppo by helping SSJ Blue Evolution Vegeta

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu May 10, 2018 8:29 pm

By the way, does anyone believe that universe 6 and 7 should have joined or at least worked more as a team in the tournament?

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri May 11, 2018 6:23 pm

ZeroDio wrote:First I would kind of improve Certain Characters by giving them more Moves or New Enhanced Variants of Old Moves

Examples:

Caulifla: Shattering Spiral (Kinda Resembles Cooler’s SuperNova), Lustrous Fury (would be Caulifla’s Version of Meteor Crash), Burning Wave (A One-Handed Red Energy Wave that she can charge)
Kale: Emerald Devastation (SSJ2 Kale’s Version of Broly God’s Version of Gigantic Destruction), Jade Bash (SSJ2 Kale’s Version of Burning Strike), Double Super Gigantic Impact (Basically a more powerful Gigantic Impact)
Kefla: Emerald Spiral (Combo of Shattering Spiral & Emerald Devastation), Rumbling Jab (Kefla’s Version of Super God Fist), Titanic Wave (a way more powerful version of Burning Wave). Blazing Bash (A more powerful verion of Jade Bash)
Hit: Time Wave (Kinda Acts like Janemba’s Lighting Shower Rain but causes a time Freezing effect)
18: Overload Burst (a more Powerful Version of High-Pressure Energy Wave), Sadistic Fury ( a More Powerful Version of Deadly Dance), Destructo Disc Breaker (basically her variant of Krillin’s Destructo Disc Triple Blade), Savage Assault (A Larger More Rapid shot Wave Like verison of Power Blitz that’s One Handed)

i Would Give Gohan Potential Unleashed Strengthened Super Saiyan 2 during the Tournament

make Universe 2 less preachy about Love (especially Ribrianne) plus alter her Super Form & Giant Form's Appearance to reference Female Power Rangers & UltraWoman Beth

Replace Dr Rota with a U6 Female Counterpart of Vegeta. this Female Saiyan's Awakening of SSJ Forms be backed up with the story of Cabba showing SSJ off to the U6 Saiyan King and which lead her to wanting to awaken it as well and also ask Vados to be her Teacher to train her from the time between the End of The U6 vs U7 Tournament to before The Tournament of Power. this Female Saiyan has 3 Forms that she learning through Seeing Cabba Show it off plus Vados asking Whis how many forms there are and how to unlock them.

SSJ - her initial transformation

SSJ God - Reveals it when she is gained up on by one of the universes

SSJ Destruction - revealed when she Goes up against God Toppo by helping SSJ Blue Evolution Vegeta
Kura (name pulled from Kurrat)
Wears a more feminine version of Xeno Vegeta's outfit minus the chest Armor
Hairstyle is like a spiky version of Nico Robin's Hairstyle at the beginning of the One Piece TimeSkip
Slightly taller than Caulifla
Personality: kinda like a mix of Vegeta & Early Android 18

Destruction Burst - basically a Hakai version of Final Shine Attack
Stardust Destruction - a Hakai Version of Stardust Breaker
Blazing Judgement - Basically a U6 SSJ God Version of Big Bang Attack
Rebirth Breaker - a U6 SSJ God Variation of Maximum Flasher
Lightning Assault - a U6 variant of Punisher Drive
Imperial Shot - Rapid invisible Ki Blasts from her fingertips
Last Jab - A Heavy hit to the Gut then a rapid kick to the side of the face
Super Sledgehammer - basically a stronger version of Sledgehammer
Final Eruption - A U6 version of Final Flash

-

Tien New Attacks:
Hyper Tri-Beam
Maximum Dodon Ray

Piccolo New Attacks:
Super Light Grenade
Ultra Special Beam Cannon

Gohan New Moves:
True Masenko
Soaring Dragon Super Strike
Violent Kamehameha

SSJ Blue Evolution Vegeta New Moves:
Beyond Final Flash (Colored like SSJBE's Aura)
Titanic Big Bang Attack
Ultra Dirty Fireworks

Hopp Moves:
Shattering Slash
Cat's Eye (a invisible eye blast)
Shining Roar (a Mouth Energy Wave)
Nine Lives Strike (multiple Rapid kicks)
Deception Ball (a large Ki Ball)

True Golden Frieza:
True Golden Death Ball
Golden Death Storm
Imperial Death Cannon

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Sun May 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Too many humanoids. I would replace one of the bland losers from Universe 9 or 10 with a character who has lots of personality. He would be some sort of horrifying creature, like a giant lobsterspider thing, but he would be genuinely very nice and polite. Krillin would be scared by him, but end up having to fight him. I would change the U4 reveal to something a little more dangerous and exciting, like the undetectable warriors. Quitela would explain that Gamisaras and Damon come from a planet with some of the harshest conditions in the Multiverse, it is full of dangerous predators. So, they evolved the ability to block other being's perception of them through sight, sound, touch, ect. Basically, they can't be consciously perceived at all, you don't know they're there until after they hit you. How do you defeat someone you can't consciously perceive? Ultra Instinct, of course.

I would focus less on the U6 Saiyans and not give U7 almost every elimination. I might want to see Buu on Team U7, maybe he could team up with Maji Kayo in an attempt to eliminate someone, probably Jiren. Maji Kayo would wrap himself around the enemy, and Buu would wrap himself around Maji Kayo, and they would try to pull the enemy out of the ring. If Jiren could manage to get an arm loose, though, he could just punch in the direction of the ring, shifting his weight and sending himself back in. About that, that's how Jiren should have gotten back in the ring after Goku used Krillin's move on him. He should have pulled his shirt off and hurled it away with enough force to propel him back, not that pebble jumping crap.

Universe 11 eliminates Universe 9.
Universe 2 eliminates Universe 10.
Universe 4 eliminates Universes 2 and 6, and 2 of Universe 7's fighters.
Universe 7 eliminates Universe 4.
Universe 7 and 11 team up to eliminate Universe 3.
Universe 7 wins.

If Goku and Vegeta win:

Goku, Vegeta, and Jiren are the last 3 fighters. They realize they will not be able to defeat Jiren separately, so they ask for the Potara Earings. Shin tosses them into the ring, but Jiren vaporizes the earrings, and says it's time for him to finish Universe 7. Goku and Vegeta decide to do the Fusion Dance. They utilize the Afterimage technique here. Belmod is watching this happen and since he doesn't know what the Fusion Dance is, he's confused. An instant before Goku and Vegeta's fingers connect he realizes what they must be doing and he screams no, but it's too late. Gogeta outclasses Jiren for a while, but his stamina is running out quickly. Eventually, Jiren manages to lock onto Gogeta and prepares his final, eliminating attack. Gogeta is unable to move. Universe 7 yells for him to move, and he tries his hardest, but says that he just can't. Beerus tells him how dare you say you can't, you're composed of the two finest fighters in Universe 7, no, of all the Universes. Gogeta's stamina is fading, he drops from Blue to God to SSJ to base. Jiren fires his attack, and a moment before it hits, Gogeta defuses. Goku and Vegeta get pushed apart and Jiren's attack goes right between them, shaking the entire World of Void. The pillar in the center of the ring reaches the bottom, and the thud is heard as the blinding light from Jiren's attack fades. Time has run out, Universe 7 wins on account of numbers.

But I'm just making fanservice for myself with that, and I don't want to give the Saiyans all the attention again, so I'll stick with 17 winning, he deserved it.

Maybe the teams should have been smaller, so you could actually develop a personality for most of the new fighters...