How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: How would YOU Have Re-Work the Universes & their Teams?!

Post by jplaya2023 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:45 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote: gohan (with intense training in the rosat and in whis staff , ascends to ssj red)
... What?
Whiz staff operates like the ROSAT, remember goku and vegeta fought inside that time and space?

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:50 am

I would make the initial team go like this: Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Buu, Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiatzou, Goten and Trunks. Goku will gather them really fast, unlike the original story. Beerus will want to take a look at them before the TOP, so he will make Vegeta and Goku fight them in their base forms against the others. Piccolo and Krillin would do really fine because of them being really smart, Buu because being OP, the others would suck and Beerus will get mad, and orders Goku to look for other teamates:
Gohan, who has trained a lot with Piccolo, he would train in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to get stronger
Android 18, who only accepts because of money
Roshi, because of his techniques, Beerus would not like that but he will allow him to fight

Goku will then remember Android 16 and how strong he was, he asks 18 about him and tells him he can´t be revived, but tells him about 17, so they look for him and joins to fight along 18 and Krillin

Being one member short, they think about Future Trunks but Whis doesn´t allow them to bring him back, so Beerus brings Frieza back, against the team opinion

The final team goes: Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Buu, Krillin, Gohan, 18, 17, Roshi and Frieza

This way, Yamcha, Goten, Trunks, Tien and Chiatzou get a bone to show off.

I would also make the others universes stronger, their ace fighter (Obuni, Ribrianne, Ganos and Bergamo being strong as Goku in SSG form)

Universe 6 and Universe 11 would be the favorites to win, their teams would be really strong and having really OP fighters like Hit, Toppo and Jiren. Universe 11 would have an unique trait, Jiren would share his energy with his team making them stronger, but him being weaker, as his teamates get KO he would regain his power.

Universe 7 would beat Universes 9 and 2
As the TOP starts, the Universe 9 would target Universe 7, only to get screwed over, each member gets one elimination, Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo would beat Trio de Dangers with a triple attack, think something like Kamehameha, Galick Gun and Light Grenade.

As Universe 7 has lot their first fighters (Roshi and Buu) Krillin gets cornered by the Kamikaze Fireballs, as he is about to get knocked out, the Androids save him and fight together as a family, knocking them out.

Universe 6 would beat Universe 4 and 10
Universe 10 would get in a huge fight with Universe 6, with the saiyans and the namekians managing to beat them very easily, and making the other universes shake in fear.

As the universe 4 start with his confusing tricks, Hit and Frost would fight together to bring them down, and to surpass every plan they make.

Universe 11 would beat Universe 3 and Universe 6
As few Universes remain, Anilaza appears, and wreaks havoc, Jiren, Toppo, Dypso and Kahseral take on him and beat him.

As Hit is the only remaining member of Universe 6 after getting beated by Universe 7 and 11, he decides to face Jiren alone, he fight goes really fair, until Jiren decides to go serious

The final fight would go like this:
Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo and Frieza against Jiren, Toppo, Dypso and Kahseral

Goku and Vegeta would start fighting Jiren, taking turns, Vegeta goes first and gets overwhelmed and lets Goku take over who goes Omen, fighting Jiren evenly.

Frieza would fight Toppo, does great until Toppo goes in his GoD form and gets screwed.

Piccolo and Gohan fight against Dypso and Kahseral as a team, they manage to beat them, Piccolo beats Kahseral, but Gohan is getting overwhelmed by Dypso speed, Piccolo manages to trap him with his arms as Gohan uses his own version of Hellzone Grenade, knocking Piccolo and Dypso out.

Gohan regroups with Vegeta, and decide they must take on Toppo before he goes to help Jiren, Gohan gets knocked out protecting Vegeta, and Vegeta gets desesperated because he thinks of his family and unlocks SSBE beating Toppo with the Final Explosion and passes out.

Goku unlocks full UI and wrecks Jiren around, until he gets untransformed just like the anime and knocked out by Jiren.

As Jiren is really weak he gets attacked by Vegeta who managed to get up again by pure willpower, Frieza who rescued Goku from falling joins and gave him energy joins Vegeta along Goku, Goku and Frieza take on Jiren with Vegeta providing support. Goku, Frieza and Jiren get knocked out just like the anime

Vegeta wins and wishes to bring back everyone.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:53 am

jplaya2023 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote: gohan (with intense training in the rosat and in whis staff , ascends to ssj red)
... What?
Whiz staff operates like the ROSAT, remember goku and vegeta fought inside that time and space?
Oh, that's right! I totally forgot about that episode
Get Fucked, C_unt

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Though I think the idea itself sounds really cool, and has lots of potential, I think if Black were to fight against Jiren, any confrontation would always end with Black being annihilated despite his broken power-ups. The reason being, because his up against Jiren. I think it would be really cool fight, to see Black continuously grow stronger throughout the confrontation, but I feel like, structurally, it would make more sense for all of Black power-ups and to come to nothing in the face of being that has obtained the ultimate power beyond even a god like Black could hope to achieve.
An interesting point. However, I am not so certain that Jiren could utterly defeat Black. I mean, let us assume that Goku Black used the Work of the Gods technique, which allowed him to tear a rift through time and space using his anger-empowered scythe, and from that portal he summoned an endless legion of clones. How could Jiren beat such a technique? He could possibly attempt to target Black and eliminate him quickly, so that the rift disappears. However, the sheer amount of clones coming out of that rift would be a valuable meatshield to Black. And let us not forget that those clones had the unique property of regenerating upon taking damage -- and obviously, the portal kept creataing endless streams of new clones. Jiren would just be overwhelmed... no matter how powerful he is, he wouldn't be able to fight so many enemies at the same time; he is not immortal, he is not an Android, he doesn't have limitless stamina.

But perhaps such a discussion belongs in the General Strength thread. Let us go back to the topic of Black's potential in the Tournament of Power.

Well, I don't know about you, but first of all, I was extremely disappointed by Universe 10's team. From the Universe that valued sheer brute strength above all, they were very underwhelming. Let us say that I expected more from them. Most universes had a trump card. Universe 7 had Goku, Universe 6 had Hit and Kefla, Universe 11 had Jiren, Universe 3 had Anilaza, Universe 4 had those bug fighters, Universe 2 had Ribrianne and her weird friends... and even Universe 9 had a trump card in the Trio of Brothers (who at the very least required teamwork to be defeated). But what did Universe 10 have? Aside from that guy (I forgot the name) who made Gohan fight seriously for a few moments? No one. At least Black would have added a reason to fear Universe 10, to treat them as a worthy enemy, not just as a fodder universe whose sole purpose was to get annihilated in the first 10 minutes of the Tournament.

In addition, It would be so cool as I said to watch Black interact with his mortal teammates. How would he treat them? Yes, it is true that Black utterly despises mortals and seeks their destruction, but let us remember that Black's own survival would be at stake in that Tournament... He wouldn't have a choice, he would be forced to put aside his great hatred and join forces with mortals to save himself -- and the world he fights for -- from erasure. Yes, because let us not forget that Black/Zamasu wanted to protect the beautiful world created by the Gods, and thus he wouldn't want to see it erased from existence.

Lastly, I wonder what Black's reaction would be to Android 17's wish (this assuming that Universe 10 would lose even with Black on their team). What would Black do? Would his mindset of mortals change, after he discovered that a mortal was virtuous enough to restore him and his beloved universe? Would Black realize that, perhaps, Goku and his friends can change something for the better? Or has Black truly gone beyond redemption?

And yes, I know that this an absurd theory, because I want to make this very clear: Black was erased from existence, and thus I believe that bringing him back would require a contrived and poor explanation. I am one of the most obsessed Zamasu fans, but I realize that the chances of his return are slim. But it is fun to speculate nonetheless.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:11 pm

I thought we’d get CnC for sharing our ideas. I forgot this isn’t the fanfic sub forum haha.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:47 pm

What's CnC stand for? Google is tell me it's computer numerical control which doesn't seem right.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:01 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
... What?
He's talking about the realm inside Whis' staff where Goku and Vegeta trained — where you can't move if your ki is leaking. We saw it in the RoF arc.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:09 am

Saiga wrote:What's CnC stand for? Google is tell me it's computer numerical control which doesn't seem right.
I think it’s a dated term from an animation forum I used to be on.

It’s Constructive Criticsm / Comments and Criticism.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:26 am

I'd perhaps replace Tien with Majin Boo or Yamcha, but that's about it. I was more than satisfied with the line-up for Universe 7 and the other universes.

Puaru
Banned

Post by Puaru » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:00 pm

Above everything else, I would have made Gohan stronger and made it so that he got to do something notable and cool. The fact that Gohan was weak and never did anything interesting was the biggest waste of the tournament.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:40 pm

Puaru wrote:Above everything else, I would have made Gohan stronger and made it so that he got to do something notable and cool. The fact that Gohan was weak and never did anything interesting was the biggest waste of the tournament.
Given the Dyspo fight, I don't think Gohan was weak so much as Super was really terrible at showing his strength. Pretty much every time he was getting beaten up was because he was holding back for no reason, a big problem in the Super anime.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:00 pm

Puaru wrote:Above everything else, I would have made Gohan stronger and made it so that he got to do something notable and cool. The fact that Gohan was weak and never did anything interesting was the biggest waste of the tournament.
Gohan did loads of "cool" stuff in the tournament, so I don't really see this argument. To make him any stronger, he'd literally need to be the protagonist(and lets face it, Gohan is a terrible protagonist, who would have been totally out of depth in this enviroment).

I would have to say, easily the coolest thing Gohan did, was fight against the universe 6 Namek's with Piccolo. As far as minor antagonists go, the universe 6 Namek's, though not the strongest guys ever, were still extremely capable, and I think Gohan and Piccolo's fight against them is easily one of the best of the tournament, especially since its filled with Gohan doing cool shit like this.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Puaru
Banned

Post by Puaru » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:26 am

JazzMazz wrote: I would have to say, easily the coolest thing Gohan did, was fight against the universe 6 Namek's with Piccolo. As far as minor antagonists go, the universe 6 Namek's, though not the strongest guys ever, were still extremely capable, and I think Gohan and Piccolo's fight against them is easily one of the best of the tournament, especially since its filled with Gohan doing cool shit like this.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
If the U6 namekians were serious opponents then the show did a terrible job showing that. Nobody ever even aknowledged them as a serious threat to winning the tournament or something. None of the other strong characters like Goku, Vegeta, Toppo, Freeza or anyone else ever made any comment about them. They came of as nobodys that only weaklings lika Piccolo and Gohan would struggle against.

Gohan should have gotten to fight one of the REAL threats in the tournament. 17 and Freeza got to fight Toppo and Jiren, but Gohan didn't. If Gohan was SUPPOSED to be strong in this arc then the show did a terrible way of showing it (by which I mean that they never showed it). He came of as being to weak to fight any real strong guys. And Dyspo was never strong, just fast.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:34 am

Saonel and Pirina's biggest role in the series will probably be food for Piccolo.

Saonel and Pirina should have got the treatment Kale and Caulifla got. I don't see what is so special about the Universe 6 Saiyans when Super Saiyan God Goku can kick their arse easily. Them being female Saiyan doesn't make them special as some people say and are simply just 2 Saiyans and nithing more.

Saonel and Pirina should have been shown getting stronger during the tournament instead of just 1 huge boost in episode 118. We could have got a Namekian Potara fusion.
Puaru wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: I would have to say, easily the coolest thing Gohan did, was fight against the universe 6 Namek's with Piccolo. As far as minor antagonists go, the universe 6 Namek's, though not the strongest guys ever, were still extremely capable, and I think Gohan and Piccolo's fight against them is easily one of the best of the tournament, especially since its filled with Gohan doing cool shit like this.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
If the U6 namekians were serious opponents then the show did a terrible job showing that. Nobody ever even aknowledged them as a serious threat to winning the tournament or something. None of the other strong characters like Goku, Vegeta, Toppo, Freeza or anyone else ever made any comment about them. They came of as nobodys that only weaklings lika Piccolo and Gohan would struggle against.

Gohan should have gotten to fight one of the REAL threats in the tournament. 17 and Freeza got to fight Toppo and Jiren, but Gohan didn't. If Gohan was SUPPOSED to be strong in this arc then the show did a terrible way of showing it (by which I mean that they never showed it). He came of as being to weak to fight any real strong guys. And Dyspo was never strong, just fast.
17 and Frieza got destroyed by GoD Toppo and Jiren and Gohan would have been the same. Gohan, Frieza and 17 are weak when it comes to the top people.

This tournament also wasn't just 100% about strength.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:06 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Saonel and Pirina's biggest role in the series will probably be food for Piccolo.

Saonel and Pirina should have got the treatment Kale and Caulifla got. I don't see what is so special about the Universe 6 Saiyans when Super Saiyan God Goku can kick their arse easily. Them being female Saiyan doesn't make them special as some people say and are simply just 2 Saiyans and nithing more.

Saonel and Pirina should have been shown getting stronger during the tournament instead of just 1 huge boost in episode 118. We could have got a Namekian Potara fusion.
Puaru wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

17 and Frieza got destroyed by GoD Toppo and Jiren and Gohan would have been the same. Gohan, Frieza and 17 are weak when it comes to the top people.

This tournament also wasn't just 100% about strength.
Namek Potara fusion why?

Don't they have Namek fusion to power-up?

Also, Gohan is literally tied 4th for strongest in universe 7, I don't see how that makes him weak.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:32 am

JazzMazz wrote: Namek Potara fusion why?

Don't they have Namek fusion to power-up?

Also, Gohan is literally tied 4th for strongest in universe 7, I don't see how that makes him weak.
They saw how strong Kefla was so why not try the same thing?

They are then both still around after the tournament if they do this kind of fusion.

Gohan is weak to GoD Toppo and Jiren and that is what puaru wanted.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Honestly I would have liked Beelzebub from the Sandland Manga to pop up somewhere. Would have been fitting since he lived in a nuclear wasteland, that is what U6's earth originally was. Would have been cool. But hey thats just me.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:23 pm

Well, I need to cheat and first say alter the previous arc so Future Trunks and Future Mai will stay in the present timeline. Future Trunks will either be the tenth fighter, replacing Majin Buu and Freeza, or (if the potential storyline of Freeza being surrounded by all the Saiyans he hates the absolute most is too good to pass up) he'll replace Master Roshi

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'd perhaps replace Tien with Majin Boo or Yamcha, but that's about it. I was more than satisfied with the line-up for Universe 7 and the other universes.
I have to agree with your statement. I'm fine with the teams that were in the Tournament of Power.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Tue May 01, 2018 12:56 am

that the yardrat be part of the universe 6 instead of dr rota