What character will Super step on next when it comes back?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: What character will Super step on next when it comes back?

Post by ToshioWrites » Wed May 09, 2018 1:22 pm

They won’t stomp on 17 but I Highly doubt he will stick around. Nobody like Gohan or Piccolo or any of the hybrid saiyans will be relevant going forward unfortunately but they probably won’t be used as hype fodder either

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Wed May 09, 2018 9:32 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:They won’t stomp on 17 but I Highly doubt he will stick around. Nobody like Gohan or Piccolo or any of the hybrid saiyans will be relevant going forward unfortunately but they probably won’t be used as hype fodder either
Both are still extremely popular. They'll stick around even if it's all Toei's doing.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:00 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
I really don't see it as Toriyama not caring about any of the other Universes, it seems really more of it seemed like the Studio, Writing, Editorial and Maybe also Toriyama as well who knows who was pulling the main strings of the Anime Arc in the ToP storyline, but the whole of the story was really Making U7 have the most Victories in every-way possible and making as good as possible in the ToP arc for whatever reasons fans might think they did this, but likely for Marketing Aspects and also maybe fear of fan backlash if some new character just intro-ed made a veteran character look bad.

So I think it was not caring about them, it was just telling the fans that U7 will always be the best and not to worry about these new guys on the blocking taking over the series or U7 is so Very Good and always will be, please buy all the New Merchandise that Has MUI on it or U7 characters on it cause we know you like them the best.

Sadly I think Toei underestimates other fans who Want to see characters of the New Universes Do well and be expanded and promoted in the Next Series that comes along. NEW Character Fans felt great moments of Disappointment with Toei when they Undercut New Characters in Making Older U7 characters to look good and while I am happy for any fan that got to see their U7 favorite character shine at times, it was a mistake to undercut so many New Characters .

So Really I think Now that the Greatness measuring contest of the ToP is over, Toei needs to show it is serious about Expanding these Universes and Characters like Jiren, Ribrianne, Toppo, The Trio-De-Dangers, Kale, Cabba, Caulifla and others and the Next Series is good ground for that to happen and many fans seem to expect that to happen.

However if the New Universes mostly get forgotten and stepped on like the Thread Title says and just goes again for the Goku, Vegeta and U7 show then many fans like me will lose interest in even sticking with DB for a time to come, fans that are more invested in the New Characters then the classic ones.
They made Universe 7 look too good. The Trio de dangers didn't need to exit so early. Saonel and Pirirna should have been shown getting stronger throughout the tournament constantly and had a fight against someone else. 7 pride troooers were just filler they could have at least had 5 decent Pride Troopers.

Universe 6 will obviously come back apart from maybe Dr Rota so they will get some development. Universe 11 has a problem right now and that is Jiren is way too strong to include in a story. Universe 2 would be the next likely to return but the other 4 definitely won't.

Your favoruite new character Ribrianne and my new favourite Jiren could be away for a long time.

These characters are a part of Dragon Ball now and fans like them so they should be used in the future even though people say fans shouldn't dictate. Future stories have to include these Universes as they have a lot more to explore and have the most potential.
The 7 Pride Troopers being put to waste, Espcially 5 of them and Kahseral worst of all was a major letdown for me. Episode 101 ended up being the worst episode overall in the ToP IMO cause when I say Kahseral who was built up so well as being a force for U11 and then was both not only wasted with 5 other pride-troopers so easyly and then even manhandled so Easy, Kahseral who seemed like a Seasoned Veteran on the Frontlines of his Universe in the heat of many battles and wars, who was manhanded by 17 and 18 like he ment nothing just dropped me stomach so hard I can't even explain it fully.

Again nothing against 17 or 18, but the lack of luster and power that they should have gave, Toei that is, to other Universe characters just made it clear that it was not these characters are fodder that was the problem, but Toei made U7 way to Powerful and they made U7's victories against champions of other universes look to easy and to me that should be the major criticism against Toei for the ToP arc. I don't call characters fodders at all, it is an unfair branding when the Real Lable should be which is;

They made U7 WAY To Good and Way to Powerful and Made it look way to easy for them. They did this either cause of fear of making fans upset if U7 did not look good or just lazy writing or just marketing reasons, but for whatever reasons, Toei dropped the Ball HARD on that point and it gave me Much Sympathy and Fandom for the other Universes over U7 so much.

The other Universes are Rich in Characters and Possible Story elements, way to much to overlook.

No matter what some and I still just value it at a few fans that did not like the New Universe characters, they are still part of the DB Mythos now and will always be, their is more the DB then just U7's doings and Toei just can't expect to put that Genie back in the bottle anymore.

Indeed fans should not always be dictated what they want, but it should be expect with how much work they put into these Universes backgrounds and now that the ToP is over and the worry that U7 would be made to look bad is now over, Toei should be serious in building up these Universes and their Major Characters like Ribrianne, the Fireballs, Kale, Caulifla, Jiren, Toppo, Kahseral, The Trio-De-Dangers and others to give them both the backstories and the building of their power levels they promised in the ToP but seem to fall short of cause of reasons we are not aware of. Some got some good backstory and built like Ribrianne, Toppo and Jiren, but Toei needs to go much further with this.

Fans of the New characters and wanting them are not going away either, we are part of the fandom now and we are proud of the Characters we like. 8)

So I would Hope that Toei has great plans for them otherwise they can find themselves loosing support of fans of new characters if they are left behind.

I still believe in Toei and they only hamstrung some of the new characters in the ToP cause of internal reasons only for that arc cause they needs out of the writers hands maybe. But now with the Power Level contest now over, we can get to story and world building again and my hope is Toei is serious about using these new characters as much as they hyped them for being created.
We already had universe 10 technically with Zamasu and also I think only Universe 6,11,and 2 might get more focus than the other four universes.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu May 10, 2018 8:08 am

Kagari wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:They won’t stomp on 17 but I Highly doubt he will stick around. Nobody like Gohan or Piccolo or any of the hybrid saiyans will be relevant going forward unfortunately but they probably won’t be used as hype fodder either
Both are still extremely popular. They'll stick around even if it's all Toei's doing.
They will stick around but what they actually do will probably be very little. They only done something because this was a 80 fighter battle royale and we won't get an arc like this again.

I still think they needed to do more in this tournament especially Piccolo as to me it just seemed like they were just there to make up the numbers and have a random fight that Goku, Vegeta and Frieza couold have done most of the time. The only meaningful thing these 2 did was Gohan's fight against Dyspo

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri May 11, 2018 7:31 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: The only meaningful thing these 2 did was Gohan's fight against Dyspo
And giving the final blow to U10 and U6. Can't forget that
Get Fucked, C_unt

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri May 11, 2018 7:45 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: The only meaningful thing these 2 did was Gohan's fight against Dyspo
Universe 6 was with help from Piccolo.

Universe 10 isn't really memorable to me at all and didn't seem important. Saonel and Pirina were at least hiding to get their full power and there team work, power and regeneration could have been a problem but Obuni was just a standard 'you can easily just punch through my technique' fighter. Saonel and Pirina were still just an afterthought though or a wasted surprise just like the Magical Boys.

A big problem I have with this is that there were not enough important characters from other Universes so it makes the contributions and wins from some universe 7 members not that important as their role could have easily been done by someone else very quickly. For example, Ribrianne who could have been defeated by Goku, Vegeta and 17 in 2 seconds but didn't so to me it makes 18 beating Ribrianne not important and also pointless to me. It also makes the character of Ribrianne a waste and 18's inclusion pointless.

There essentially was too many filler characters which provided no threat. This is because of Toriyama's obsession with keeping SSB at some crazy level that only a few people can have.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri May 11, 2018 11:19 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:

Universe 10 isn't really memorable to me at all and didn't seem important. Saonel and Pirina were at least hiding to get their full power and there team work, power and regeneration could have been a problem but Obuni was just a standard 'you can easily just punch through my technique' fighter. Saonel and Pirina were still just an afterthought though or a wasted surprise just like the Magical Boys.

A big problem I have with this is that there were not enough important characters from other Universes so it makes the contributions and wins from some universe 7 members not that important as their role could have easily been done by someone else very quickly. For example, Ribrianne who could have been defeated by Goku, Vegeta and 17 in 2 seconds but didn't so to me it makes 18 beating Ribrianne not important and also pointless to me. It also makes the character of Ribrianne a waste and 18's inclusion pointless.

There essentially was too many filler characters which provided no threat. This is because of Toriyama's obsession with keeping SSB at some crazy level that only a few people can have.
I honestly would not even call most of the other characters other Universes Filler characters anymore cause it seems most evident that Toei was obsessed with Over-Powering U7 to make sure for whatever reasons, name your reasons, that they stay as the top dogs.

But honestly how the ToP Started it did not seem like, it seemed like Toei was going to be showing Major different powers and some of the major characters of each universe where going to be a challenge. I say that cause I follow story flow for a good deal of my life and usually by that I can tell where a story is going with characters and how they will end-up and it usally is in a decent area with where I believed they would be.

Not with the ToP after a good while. :problem:

It seemed the flow of the story got Up-ed around the time of episode 107-The Special. Before this their where some hints Toei was heading in questionable directions, like with episodes 101, but it become more obvious around the special time-period later.

Characters like Kale in Berserk who could tank SSJ-B in episode 100 now with also gaining a higher power form later could not even go against Goku-Red without struggle or Frost having to dodge and take heat from Buff Roshi of all characters as a few examples.

The Fault done to Ribrianne was that she was presented well as a Threat in Episodes 102-103 against SSJ-Vegeta and Android 17 who took note of her high power well. But like the others around the special She got a Major Nerf done to her for reasons only Toei can give. We simple can't ignore how this part of Ribrianne story in 102-103 played out cause it great contradicts how the story went later on with power levels for her and others.

Mostly too, when the Final Match is 3 U11 Troopers vs. 1/2 of U7 at the end, 1/2~~~ :eh: , Then we should know something was wrong in the writers room when this happens. Add to this the biggest Faulting when Toppo Gained Haki Power and in 1 episode later got eliminated by Vegeta by just punching really, really harder then before and using a move that killed him against Majin Buu not killing him or injuring him much afterwords, it seemed Toei was stretch our believable U7 can do all this and overcome so much by how they presented it.

Toei Started well with the flow of the story with the pre-matches, team-building and 1st few episodes of the ToP making the other universes to be a threat to good levels, but it quick devolved into just how Overpowering U7 become later on.

Again, this is not against any U7 characters or Fans that are happy they got good moments I am happy for those characters fans for that, but it can't be ignored how Foiling Toei dubbed down the other Universes as well and simple be overlooked.

This is why the whole ideal of their not being many worth whiled character in the ToP I don't considered the right way to view this anymore, it is Toei Started as them being worth while and I still think many are, BUT they changed their story half-way threw and nerfed they down so they could not be a threat to U7. That is why I don't call fodder or not worth whiled characters anymore a thing, it was clear not matter what level the other Universe gained (Haki Toppo, Full Powered Brianne, Fused U3), that U7 was going to always overpower them cause Toei made it so.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri May 11, 2018 11:28 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:

Well, you DID say these two in your post, I assume you were talking about both Piccolo and Gohan, so I don't see why the U6 elimination shouldn't count.
Get Fucked, C_unt

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri May 11, 2018 12:07 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: And giving the final blow to U10 and U6. Can't forget that

Well, you DID say these two in your post, I assume you were talking about both Piccolo and Gohan, so I don't see why the U6 elimination shouldn't count.
No one really considers Piccolo finishing off Universe 10 so I thought you were talking just about Gohan in your reply.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:38 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:

You missed the point of the 18 vs Ribrianne battle then. The fight wasn't just to give 18 a big moment, but also to make Ribrianne develop as a character, to make her learn what true love really is. It's not just Ribrianne, Rozie and Kakunsa also learned what love really is thanks to that battle. If Vegeta, Goku, 17 or anyone else would have beaten Ribrianne, none of the magical girls would have learned anything important.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri May 11, 2018 3:57 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:You missed the point of the 18 vs Ribrianne battle then. The fight wasn't just to give 18 a big moment, but also to make Ribrianne develop as a character, to make her learn what true love really is. It's not just Ribrianne, Rozie and Kakunsa also learned what love really is thanks to that battle. If Vegeta, Goku, 17 or anyone else would have beaten Ribrianne, none of the magical girls would have learned anything important.
For Me this brings up a major point in aspects on how Toei wrote the ToP compared to what I said a few posts back in my other post.

That to me is a clear difference between the writing of how power levels where written in the ToP and how writing for character development for certain characters where in this arc.

While I think their was problems and to much favoritism given for power levels to certain characters and U7, it seems that Toei did try to put allot of effort into certain new characters like Ribrianne, Kale, Caulifla, Cabba, Toppo, Jiren, the U6 Namekins and others on the Character Development fronts. Many fans of each of these characters can give recorded on when these developments shine the most for each characters journey.

Episode 117 IMO while being a mixed bag on how Ribrianne/Brianne's character was treated, IMO and most important it showed one of the Great things about Brianne's character and also Sanka Ku and Su Roas characters that overall they are good people willing to learn new lessons and new forms of what they believe in. It is a common ideal of Magical Girl Show characters that while they are good people with solid beliefs, they are willing to learn lessons and correct faults in themselves they have to make themselves better.

One thing about the whole of the Love ideal from 117 to 118, 117 is that indeed the Romance Love was a Very Powerful one it seems Toei wanted us to get about 18 and Krillian which was a lesson Brianne learned for a form of Love that was really more powerful then she seem to know about ~~~~ BUT Toei did not want to throw it seemed all that was U2 was about under the bus with that and that came from 118. When it Came to Episode 118 it seemed like Toei was trying to get across to the audience that the forms of Love that Brianne and U2 knew STILL Up to that point which in like-hood was Love of caring for each other, believing in their heroes from the citizens, Friendship and love for your Home to Name a few, that Toei in 118 was trying to say that U2's love outside of Romance was still really powerful and impressive that even gain the notice of Goku, 17 and 18 by the time the episode was over.

IMO episodes 117 and 118 was a 2 front story for U2 and Brianne by Toei to say 1.) 117 was about Brianne and the Girls learning about more deep forms of love going with the ideals of how Magical Girl Characters learn new lessons & 2.) 118 was to Highlight and Make praise for while their being this new form of Love, U2's power was Still great and showed how they can rally to each other to put on a great show of Power, Friendship and Heroics in the face of Ultimate Annihilation. :angel:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri May 11, 2018 4:47 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

You missed the point of the 18 vs Ribrianne battle then. The fight wasn't just to give 18 a big moment, but also to make Ribrianne develop as a character, to make her learn what true love really is. It's not just Ribrianne, Rozie and Kakunsa also learned what love really is thanks to that battle. If Vegeta, Goku, 17 or anyone else would have beaten Ribrianne, none of the magical girls would have learned anything important.
True love? What is that even suppose to mean?

What is the point of developing a character that will probably not even do much in the future who is likely not to appear as Toriyama usally only cares about the new characters? She wasn't even a threat either.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Fri May 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Zen Yabuki wrote:
Asura wrote:
Zen Yabuki wrote:What did Super do to Goten?
Absolutely nothing, that's the problem.
Sure but the opening statement says Goten got stepped on by Super when it didn’t. Goten’s issue was that he was ignored all throughout Super.
Sole fact he was kept from growing up was ridiculous. Even if they didn't feel like doing anything with his character, at least they could've spared him & Trunks (and the franchise) the blatant inconsistiency

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:25 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

What is the point of developing a character that will probably not even do much in the future who is likely not to appear as Toriyama usally only cares about the new characters? She wasn't even a threat either.
Well maybe you should re-watch the episode.

Just because she wasn't one of the strongest characters ever doesn't mean she can't get character development, and who knows, maybe she will appear again in the future.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri May 11, 2018 5:32 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:

Well maybe you should re-watch the episode.

Just because she wasn't one of the strongest characters ever doesn't mean she can't get character development, and who knows, maybe she will appear again in the future.
Other characters should have got developed and not just her then as they could appear in the future. Some of the 7 weaker Pride Troopers should have treated similar to her.

She wasn't from Universe 6 or the top Pride Troooers so it just seems random to give her all this attention when she was no different to the majority of new fighters in the tournament.

Zen Yabuki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zen Yabuki » Fri May 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Basaku wrote:
Zen Yabuki wrote:
Asura wrote: Absolutely nothing, that's the problem.
Sure but the opening statement says Goten got stepped on by Super when it didn’t. Goten’s issue was that he was ignored all throughout Super.
Sole fact he was kept from growing up was ridiculous. Even if they didn't feel like doing anything with his character, at least they could've spared him & Trunks (and the franchise) the blatant inconsistiency
Sure. They should have aged them up, but I can't say he and Trunks were stepped on. Not aging them was just silly though.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I figure if Super returns, they'll have to go past End of Z. So that means most of the old cast (Krillin, 18, Piccolo, Gohan) will get the boot

However, I would like Goten, Trunks, Kid Pan, Uub, and maybe even Bulla (no reason Vegeta wouldn't train her) get more of the spotlight. I think it'd be interesting to see how a post Z under the direction of Toriyama would go
Piccolo and Gohan aren’t old