What’s everyone’s opinion on how the manga has so far handled the Universe Survival arc compared to the anime?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Re: What’s everyone’s opinion on how the manga has so far handled the Universe Survival arc compared to the anime?

Post by theTUN » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:27 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
theTUN wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote: Where was the outrage when Trunks not only fought on par with merged Zamasu, but defeated him?
Everywhere. People have been complaining about it non stops since it happened.
I'm talking about the people who defend this craptastic moment in the anime and on the flipside rage at Toyo for something like Gohan defeating Kefla. Idiotic hypocrisy at it's finest.
And you don't see anything ironic or self-contradictory about what you're defending? I think Android 17 fighting against Jiren is a good deal more reasonable than Roshi fighting him.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: What’s everyone’s opinion on how the manga has so far handled the Universe Survival arc compared to the anime?

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:30 pm

theTUN wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote:
theTUN wrote:
I'm talking about the people who defend this craptastic moment in the anime and on the flipside rage at Toyo for something like Gohan defeating Kefla. Idiotic hypocrisy at it's finest.
And you don't see anything ironic or self-contradictory about what you're defending? I think Android 17 fighting against Jiren is a good deal more reasonable than Roshi fighting him.
No, because one was a fan service asspull for the sake of a fan service asspull, and the other makes absolutely a million times more sense that a saiyan child prodigy who time and time again has shown that he is able to tap into a deep reservoir of strength to overcome opponents much stronger than him is able to beat Kefla. And Jiren beat Roshi with a single karate chop, so let's calm the F down here.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:36 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
theTUN wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote: Where was the outrage when Trunks not only fought on par with merged Zamasu, but defeated him?
There any proof those are the same people? And it doesn’t matter if he beat Roshi with a karate chop, Roshi shouldn’t have been able to dodge his strikes, period.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:40 pm

Bullza wrote:Lol, the threads get locked but people still just go somewhere else to discuss it anyway.
It shows how counter productive locking the manga's topic is.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:00 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:
theTUN wrote:
It was bad for the Goku fans, and also the Vegetto fans because it was like a big spit to their faces but tbh, Toei did the right thing by preventing us from seeing the same old same old from decades ago.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:18 pm

There's a page that looks like Goku uses Kaioken but I got nobody around to translate

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:22 pm

OLKv3 wrote:There's a page that looks like Goku uses Kaioken but I got nobody around to translate
Aperantly yes. One of the people who leak the chapter in naruto forums mentions that kaioken was said.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:25 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:There's a page that looks like Goku uses Kaioken but I got nobody around to translate
Aperantly yes. One of the people who leak the chapter in naruto forums mentions that kaioken was said.
Nevermind, just found it
Welp!

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:27 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
I'm on those forums and I can't find that confirmation.
Rai, the guy who nearly all the time leaks the chapters, comfirms it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Aperantly yes. One of the people who leak the chapter in naruto forums mentions that kaioken was said.
I'm on those forums and I can't find that confirmation.
Goku uses the Kaioken again? Hmm. That's very odd. I'm guessing he must be stacking the Kaioken on top of something because using the Kaioken on its own would be pretty useless.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: I'm on those forums and I can't find that confirmation.
Goku uses the Kaioken again? Hmm. That's very odd. I'm guessing he must be stacking the Kaioken on top of something because using the Kaioken on its own would be pretty useless.
Its kaioken on top of mssb

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:42 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: I'm on those forums and I can't find that confirmation.
He uses it with Completed Blue. He lands 2 hits on Jiren, and Jiren no sells it and backhands him. Goku then starts to lose all his energy

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:44 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Rai, the guy who nearly all the time leaks the chapters, comfirms it.
He uses it with Completed Blue. He lands 2 hits on Jiren, and Jiren no sells it and backhands him. Goku then starts to lose all his energy
I fucking called this.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:55 pm

I was wondering what it was going on there because it seemed like Super Saiyan Blue Goku significantly powered up. You're saying that was Kaioken?

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Goku uses the Kaioken again? Hmm. That's very odd. I'm guessing he must be stacking the Kaioken on top of something because using the Kaioken on its own would be pretty useless.
I fucking called this.
You called it exactly, good job. That was even before he lost to Toppo in the manga

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Bullza wrote:I was wondering what it was going on there because it seemed like Super Saiyan Blue Goku significantly powered up. You're saying that was Kaioken?
Yes. He lands two hits on jiren, that were nothing to him and he back slaps goku.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Alriiiiight, SSJB Kaioken is in the anime AND the manga, so now it's more than likely going to be in the movie.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:03 pm

SSBE and hakaishin toppo looks plausible in the manga now. Ï

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:56 pm

I'm laughing so hard right now. And people said it wouldn't appear anywhere else.
Feels over Reals.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Well I did tell some people that Perfected Super Saiyan Blue wasn't meant to be the manga equivalent of the Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken but that would seem confirmed for sure now then.