Is Goku the first & original Super Saiyan God?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Is Goku the first & original Super Saiyan God?

Post by Koitsukai » Mon May 21, 2018 10:51 pm

To me it seems like a waste of time to try to reconciliate manga, anime and official movies, we do know that from the very start DB is written at the spot, right? keeps getting retconned and disregards or forgets things without giving it a second thought. The Potaras from now on are gonna last for an hour, fuck ro kaioshin, the trillion years old kaioh who is the wisest dude in the franchise who can't discern between gods and ningen when fusing... fuck this shit, Majin Buu is killing all the gods, they better go wake up Beerus before they all die and he dies with them, oh right i haven't come up with that character just yet, so let's pretend they are even more naive and had no idea about him, i mean he is just only their last resort for cases exactly like Majin Buu's... the kaioshin were this magnificent mind-reading beings, gods of gods, fuck it i'll retcon more things and make them look like fucking amateurs that think they know it all, like say? mmm the origin of the strongest foe the kaioshin ever faced.

I mean, does anybody believe that the upcoming movie isn't gonna retcon something we all agree with and probably was clearly stated about saiyajin history? that we are not gonna get a new revelation that is gonna make us put to rest some "truth"?

Also, what's with Yamoshi's spirit wandering about? why? why him? why not Gokou? why not Kami?

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu May 24, 2018 7:19 pm

Koitsukai wrote:To me it seems like a waste of time to try to reconciliate manga, anime and official movies, we do know that from the very start DB is written at the spot, right? keeps getting retconned and disregards or forgets things without giving it a second thought. The Potaras from now on are gonna last for an hour, fuck ro kaioshin, the trillion years old kaioh who is the wisest dude in the franchise who can't discern between gods and ningen when fusing... fuck this shit, Majin Buu is killing all the gods, they better go wake up Beerus before they all die and he dies with them, oh right i haven't come up with that character just yet, so let's pretend they are even more naive and had no idea about him, i mean he is just only their last resort for cases exactly like Majin Buu's... the kaioshin were this magnificent mind-reading beings, gods of gods, fuck it i'll retcon more things and make them look like fucking amateurs that think they know it all, like say? mmm the origin of the strongest foe the kaioshin ever faced.

I mean, does anybody believe that the upcoming movie isn't gonna retcon something we all agree with and probably was clearly stated about saiyajin history? that we are not gonna get a new revelation that is gonna make us put to rest some "truth"?

Also, what's with Yamoshi's spirit wandering about? why? why him? why not Gokou? why not Kami?
Why or how is Roh-Kaiohshin the wisest?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu May 24, 2018 8:06 pm

Meshack wrote:
Koitsukai wrote:To me it seems like a waste of time to try to reconciliate manga, anime and official movies, we do know that from the very start DB is written at the spot, right? keeps getting retconned and disregards or forgets things without giving it a second thought. The Potaras from now on are gonna last for an hour, fuck ro kaioshin, the trillion years old kaioh who is the wisest dude in the franchise who can't discern between gods and ningen when fusing... fuck this shit, Majin Buu is killing all the gods, they better go wake up Beerus before they all die and he dies with them, oh right i haven't come up with that character just yet, so let's pretend they are even more naive and had no idea about him, i mean he is just only their last resort for cases exactly like Majin Buu's... the kaioshin were this magnificent mind-reading beings, gods of gods, fuck it i'll retcon more things and make them look like fucking amateurs that think they know it all, like say? mmm the origin of the strongest foe the kaioshin ever faced.

If you thought i was talking about the obnoxious U-9 kaioshin, then my bad, I meant the old one from U-7.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu May 24, 2018 11:12 pm

Koitsukai wrote:
Meshack wrote:

If you thought i was talking about the obnoxious U-9 kaioshin, then my bad, I meant the old one from U-7.
I know exactly who you’re talking about - Roh-Kaiohshin. Why do you say he's the wisest? He hasn’t done anything thatmakes him wiser than any other person

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat May 26, 2018 2:31 pm

The history of the saiyans is a big cut and paced job with new and sometimes conflicting information being provided with each iteration, from manga to anime to GT to Super. For example the idea that saiyans didn't come from Vegeta was first brought up in of all places GT but it would not really built upon until Super.

There's a noticable different between BoG the movie and the anime as Shenlong's dialog is noticablie different with no mention of planet Vegeta what so ever in the anime. That alobg with a few other changes is why I recomend not skipping that arc as Super retconed a number of things. From my own interpriation the saiyan civil war and the super saiyan god ritual potential occured on Planet Sadala and may have been the divergant point for Universe 6 & 7, with the good saiyan winning in U6 and them losing in U7.

I really hope that one way or another the new movie take this mess and makes into one coherent history.