i hope in future they make Whis a villain

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

i hope in future they make Whis a villain

Post by Lujin_16 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:29 am

Imagine the schock it would be something special because Dragonball has never done that a build up for more than 130 episodes with a character we like

i know it would be not the typical dragonball villain idea just like Black Goku/Zamasu but again something new and better than always introduce a villain
from somewhere

What do you think of the idea???

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: i hope in future they make Whis a villain

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:21 pm

I have a hard time picturing “Whis” as a villain. A much better candidate would be his father the Grand Priest. But not anytime soon though, since he’s WAY out of our hero’s leaque. But it would be cool in say, 5 or 6 arcs time where Goku has trained for many years as an Ultra Instinct and has surpassed all 12 regular Angels. Ofcourse the Grand Priest would still be stronger than Goku by himself most likely than, but maybe not if UI Goku fuses with UI Vegeta to form UI Vegetto! The Ultimate Warrior!

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu May 24, 2018 6:59 pm

All goku would have to do is throw a universal spirit bomb at el grand padre, have it deflected back and then goku would surpass all the angels just by trying to survive against it and then half an hour later, he'd make grand padre look bad. It wouldn't take 5-6 arcs at all

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu May 24, 2018 7:17 pm

It’s kinda impossible to have Whis or any other of the angels become evil since the angels come from Zenoh to serve the gods and they’re neutral beings.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri May 25, 2018 12:51 am

I can't see it. The angels, the GoDs, and the Grand Priest and Zeno are all neutral. They may be allied with our heroes now but that could change at the drop of the hat (back to Whis comment to Bulma about saving her and Trunks: "Well, I guess we'll find out!")

I love Whis as he is, and hope in future installments we get the same from him. Unless they ever plan to introduce a threat that the angels struggle with. But hoepdilly that won't be for another 5-7 years

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon May 28, 2018 6:54 pm

Even though it's right now impossible to happen I admit I like the idea,
I mean THAT would be some serious threat lol
but Zeno is still a problem lol

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue May 29, 2018 12:54 pm

Best story I could think of involving Whis in a belligerent or semi-antagonist position would involve the angels attempting to rebel against Zeno. Perhaps they're able to somehow neutralise Zeno before vying to fill the power vacuum by putting Daishinkan on the throne. As opposition, they would have the Kaioshins, Hakaishins, and Zeno's guards staring them down from across the battlefield. Goku and the Z-group would find themselves in between the struggle. You might ask who they would side with. Well I think it would be a matter of what Daishinkan's managerial policies are like. I would hope that at least some of the ningen population would come to the realisation that Zeno was a volatile despot and couldn't be allowed to dangle the fates of billions in his whimful hands. In that event, maybe some of the ningen would act on behalf of the angels due to having mutual interests while others align with the Hakaishin and Kaioshin.

To add some additional layers and nuances to the conflict, allowing a minority of the angels to become fundamentally disillusioned from their father's agenda would make for an interesting sub-plot. Maybe Whis could be one of these individuals, though I imagine he would go along with Daishinkan's wishes at first. Seeing how his personality would develop to the point that he chooses his companionship with Beerus and the Z-group over his fellow angels would be a narrational tale all on its own.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue May 29, 2018 1:28 pm

Lionel wrote:Best story I could think of involving Whis in a belligerent or semi-antagonist position would involve the angels attempting to rebel against Zeno. Perhaps they're able to somehow neutralise Zeno before vying to fill the power vacuum by putting Daishinkan on the throne. As opposition, they would have the Kaioshins, Hakaishins, and Zeno's guards staring them down from across the battlefield. Goku and the Z-group would find themselves in between the struggle. You might ask who they would side with. Well I think it would be a matter of what Daishinkan's managerial policies are like. I would hope that at least some of the ningen population would come to the realisation that Zeno was a volatile despot and couldn't be allowed to dangle the fates of billions in his whimful hands. In that event, maybe some of the ningen would act on behalf of the angels due to having mutual interests while others align with the Hakaishin and Kaioshin.

To add some additional layers and nuances to the conflict, allowing a minority of the angels to become fundamentally disillusioned from their father's agenda would make for an interesting sub-plot. Maybe Whis could be one of these individuals, though I imagine he would go along with Daishinkan's wishes at first. Seeing how his personality would develop to the point that he chooses his companionship with Beerus and the Z-group over his fellow angels would be a narrational tale all on its own.
Why would the Kaioshin and Hakaishin support Zeno when he was willing to erase them with no provocation?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue May 29, 2018 2:53 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Lionel wrote:Best story I could think of involving Whis in a belligerent or semi-antagonist position would involve the angels attempting to rebel against Zeno. Perhaps they're able to somehow neutralise Zeno before vying to fill the power vacuum by putting Daishinkan on the throne. As opposition, they would have the Kaioshins, Hakaishins, and Zeno's guards staring them down from across the battlefield. Goku and the Z-group would find themselves in between the struggle. You might ask who they would side with. Well I think it would be a matter of what Daishinkan's managerial policies are like. I would hope that at least some of the ningen population would come to the realisation that Zeno was a volatile despot and couldn't be allowed to dangle the fates of billions in his whimful hands. In that event, maybe some of the ningen would act on behalf of the angels due to having mutual interests while others align with the Hakaishin and Kaioshin.

Why would the Kaioshin and Hakaishin support Zeno when he was willing to erase them with no provocation?
They wouldn't so much be fighting for Zeno as they would be opposing the angels because of some clause in their newfound ordinance. Truthfully, I can't imagine too many people shedding tears over Zeno being usurped. If they were to fight with Zeno's guards then it would be carried out under the pretext of needing to join arms to combat a mutual foe. Plus, using the guards as an initial fighting force sounds like it would make sense as we don't know how strong they are exactly and the Kaioshins and Hakaishins would need someone to keep them alive since no one in their ranks has the power needed to stand up against the angels.

The Iron Fjord
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Iron Fjord » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:02 pm

They've already established Whis as the carefree foodie angel that enjoys being in Universe 7. The only way Whis would be a villain is if El Grande Padre actually turns out to be a villain, and uses his angel magic to turn all his sons and daughters against the GoDs, the Kais, and the mortals.
The Iron Fjord will kick you in the nuts!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:03 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:All goku would have to do is throw a universal spirit bomb at el grand padre, have it deflected back and then goku would surpass all the angels just by trying to survive against it and then half an hour later, he'd make grand padre look bad. It wouldn't take 5-6 arcs at all
Please. Goku didn't even surpass Jiren that way who was **just** GoD level. He needed lots of assistances and recovery time to finally achieve MUI. And even then it was time limited. Angels are on a completely different level to anyone in the series :angel:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 am

I like the idea, as long as it's not something like him turning out to be another Aizen (Bleach) What I'd like is for Goku&co to have a proper falling-out with the gods and angels, and that Whis' allegiance is firmly with the angels and the Grand Priest.