Was establishing that only 28 planets in Universe 7 have sentient life a mistake from a creative standpoint?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Was establishing that only 28 planets in Universe 7 have sentient life a mistake from a creative standpoint?

Post by Zelvin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:11 am

Simere wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Well it's your opinion, of course it matters to you. That doesn't mean what I said is incorrect. It works, because the series needs it to work, or it will fall flat on itself.
It's not my opinion, it's my explanation of what you said would be impossible. At this point, I'm more interested in how you think you can be a ruler and an Emperor without territory.
You can be Prince Vegeta. 8)
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Was establishing that only 28 planets in Universe 7 have sentient life a mistake from a creative standpoint?

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:04 pm

I don't think so.

They have several other universes of content they can pool stories from. And given that Kaioshin already traveled to the other planets in the universe that have life on them in the search for strong fighters to make up the team for Universe 7 for the Tournament Of Power, only to come back empty handed, I think it'a safe to say that we've book ended the potential of future threats from main universe (Universe 7) and are going to shift the focus onto other planets in different universes. Hell, that was case for every new major arc Super.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I don't think so.

They have several other universes of content they can pool stories from. And given that Kaioshin already traveled to the other planets in the universe that have life on them in the search for strong fighters to make up the team for Universe 7 for the Tournament Of Power, only to come back empty handed, I think it'a safe to say that we've book ended the potential of future threats from main universe (Universe 7) and are going to shift the focus onto other planets in different universes. Hell, that was case for every new major arc Super.
I agree. I don't think that we will getting many threats from the main universe unless the movie has one from Universe 7.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.