Dragon Ball Super 109 110 Deleted scenes

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Dragon Ball Super 109 110 Deleted scenes

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:03 am

i Just heard about two missing scenes in the crunchyroll versions of Dragon Ball Super 109-110:
i know that it miss the final scene of episodes 109 (and notice that they are also missing in the japanese bluray release)
but what is the second deleted scenes? where is the cut?

i found several youtube videos about the 109 final scene but nothing for the second one

thanks for the help

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Super 109 110 Deleted scenes

Post by sangofe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 am

HakkaiBills93 wrote:i Just heard about two missing scenes in the crunchyroll versions of Dragon Ball Super 109-110:
i know that it miss the final scene of episodes 109 (and notice that they are also missing in the japanese bluray release)
but what is the second deleted scenes? where is the cut?

i found several youtube videos about the 109 final scene but nothing for the second one

thanks for the help
So you are saying the episodes aired on tv had extra scenes vs what's on Blu-ray and crunchyroll?

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:35 am

EXACTLY, crunchyroll only (funimation online have the extra scene) and i have checked japanese bluray and it miss this scene (here a youtube link) that also miss in crunchyroll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JQe-JVxs8U

i asked as it is said that there is two missing scenes but no one show the second one and i want to know where it is

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:09 am

The first scene was Grand Priest shielding Zero and everyone reacting to Goku. I believe the second scene was just a bit of Goku and Jiren struggling against each other. The DBZ sub said it's this.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:40 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:The first scene was Grand Priest shielding Zero and everyone reacting to Goku. I believe the second scene was just a bit of Goku and Jiren struggling against each other. The DBZ sub said it's this.
i made a deep comparison and there is 6cut and alternate footage
Episode 109
all cuts:
- recap is longer in the extended
- title cards is differrent (as it's two episode specials) in the extended
- the beginning is also differrent playing a bgm earlier than in the crunchyroll / bluray version
- eyecatch 1 is differrent
- there is another eyecath right after krilin lying on the floor
- ,it's the one seen on youtube, so it's start right after you see the genkidama coming to goku, it's around 1mn and it's the first two cuts
- the final scene were goku dissapear under the genkidama and the ending start with few frames mores at the beginnin of the scenes where rocks explode than in the crunchy/bluray version
- crunchy/bluray have ending and next episode preview

Episode 110

- crunchy/bluray have a short intro for the episode missing in the extended then opening and title card
- in the extended right after goku dissapear, you have 1mn footage more with other GOD of destructions and kame sennin, krilin and co talking then , the crunchy/bluray start after that on the shot with genki dama and a cracklings
- there is an eyecath right after jiren is surrounded by genkidama in the extended
- the eyecatch after goku goes ultra instinct is differrent in the extended than in the bluray
- there is a 5rd eyecatch in the special (around 15mn in the usual version), you have an extended shots of the two zenos where you can see theirs eyes before they talk that are missing in the crunchy/ bluray
- at the end of the episodes, the extended version have a few seconds more footage and dialog with altered bgm than in the crunchy/bluray
- ending have alternate footage in the extended , it's slight but the scrolling came earlier in the extended than in the regular from crunchyroll/bluray (you almost not see bulma and vegeta in the scrolling in the extended), and speed isn't the same for some shots

it's interesting that even funimation online have the uncensored version from broadcast but instead of that japanese bluray which are usually uncut have the edited shorten version (could have made director's cut for those two)

it lead to wondering if the extended will remain online and if foreign will released and dub the edited one

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:05 pm

3 versions of episode 110 exist. Theres the Fuji TV/Funimation streaming version thats bundled together with episode 109(46:44 minutes), theres the Crunchyroll version that had numerous small things cut from it(24:04 minutes), and finally the blu-ray version, which further cut the episode, and removed the "recap" present on the Crunchyroll version(22:50 minutes).

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:29 am

DHM211 wrote:3 versions of episode 110 exist. Theres the Fuji TV/Funimation streaming version thats bundled together with episode 109(46:44 minutes), theres the Crunchyroll version that had numerous small things cut from it(24:04 minutes), and finally the blu-ray version, which further cut the episode, and removed the "recap" present on the Crunchyroll version(22:50 minutes).
it's not a recap but one of the missing scenes, it's just not on the 110 bluray as it start at right after title card