Was Future Trunks' timeline really salvageable?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MatureGambino

Was Future Trunks' timeline really salvageable?

Post by MatureGambino » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:29 pm

With every god dead, there was no one to watch over and keep order in the universes. We don't know how long it would've taken for a new Kaioshin to grow from the Kaiju tree and a new Hakaishin to be appointed thus were Future Zeno's actions really justified?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Was Future Trunks' timeline really salvageable?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Future Zeno's actions were justified. There was no other way to defeat Infinite Zamasu. When Zamasu's divine body was destroyed, his immortal soul endured, and didn't simply become order and justice, but merged with the very fabric of the Universe. Zamasu WAS the Universe. The only way to destroy Zamasu for good was to destroy the Universe. And if Future Zeno hadn't done so, Zamasu would have reigned supreme for eternity in the Future timeline.

You bring up a good point. The Future timeline was screwed even if Zamasu had been destroyed in episode 66. On Earth, all the cities were utterly destroyed and half of mankind had been wiped out during Zamasu's initial assault. How would those few survivors even rebuild, when the planet itself was literally being torn asunder by the Divine Absolute Lightning?

On a cosmic scale, Zamasu had destroyed a large number of mortal civilizations scattered across the Universe, before finally turning his gaze towards Earth (it is heavily implied that Earth was the only planet left to invade). As you remarked, Zamasu had also murdered every single Supreme Kai in the Multiverse, which in turn destroyed the Gods of Destruction and turned the Angels inactive. Zamasu was the last remaining God in the Future timeline, but with him gone, there would be no deity left in the Future multiverse, aside from Future Zeno. Well, technically, there should also be a Future Grand Priest, but strangely we never heard anything about him.

No, I don't think that Future Trunks' timeline was salvageable. Zamasu had caused too much destruction.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:28 pm

it's just messy writing, no reason future zeno couldn't just create a new kaioshin and destroyer god on the spot and call it a day, or get the SB dragonballs and make everything normal again.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:41 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:it's just messy writing, no reason future zeno couldn't just create a new kaioshin and destroyer god on the spot and call it a day, or get the SB dragonballs and make everything normal again.
Zamasu destroyed the Super Dragonballs, and it's never been stated that Zeno can create anything.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Bergamo wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:it's just messy writing, no reason future zeno couldn't just create a new kaioshin and destroyer god on the spot and call it a day, or get the SB dragonballs and make everything normal again.
Zamasu destroyed the Super Dragonballs, and it's never been stated that Zeno can create anything.
zeno is the ultimate being in DB, are you saying someone created him?

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:56 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
That's literally not what I'm saying.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:15 am

The only thing that is not salvageable is two Trunks and Mai. I'm not into that kind of humour. Trunks could have simply gone on a quest to find the Super Dragon Balls' creator. That would make it a movie of how to create a new set instead of just collecting it. Zeno might have destroyed the future, but who's to say that Zalama doesn't live in a dimension, whose gates were opened with the universes' destruction? Come to think of it: there's no chance that Zalama could be hiding in universe 7 without knowing that it would be the only one surviving in the Tournament of Power. The Super Dragon Balls didn't disappear when every other universe was destroyed with the possibility of Zalama being there either.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:23 am

The Super Dragon Balls in the main timeline could have sorted it out. Even with Zamasu in his screen-saver mode, all they'd need to do is get back to the past and wish to restore the timeline to the way it was before Goku Black. I think it would take a bit of wording to ensure doing that doesn't bring Zamasu and Black along with it, but the dragons have always been pretty generous about that.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:20 pm

There’s literally nothing in Trunks's old world but in the world he’s in now, there’re still the Kaiohshins, Hakaishins, Zenoh, Kaiohs, and the gods of the planets.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:31 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
Zenoh is like any other title such as Kaioh or Hakaishin. Zenoh is like any other being in DB - he can die and be replaced. Zenoh was never said to be the ultimate being but he does have the highest authority. It’s weird the Super Dragon Balls can undo what Zenoh has done...

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:46 pm

Super Dragon Balls were destroyed. 12 Kaioshins and 12 Hakaishins dead. Most mortals on other planets dead. Infinite Zamasu. So yea, the only solution here would be to erase the entire timeline.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Was the otherworld of that timeline also erased? If it is, RIP future Gohan's ghost

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:58 pm

LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:Was the otherworld of that timeline also erased? If it is, RIP future Gohan's ghost
In the sub, Zeno said 'This world must disappear!', and 'world' always refers to the entire timeline. So, Yes, Zeno erased the entire timeline, which includes the otherworld.

It wouldn't make sense if Zeno only erased Universe 7. Why would Trunks need to travel to a new timeline, then? He could just go spend the rest of his mortal life on one of the other 11 future universes.

oozaru goku

Post by oozaru goku » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:56 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:
LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:Was the otherworld of that timeline also erased? If it is, RIP future Gohan's ghost
In the sub, Zeno said 'This world must disappear!', and 'world' always refers to the entire timeline. So, Yes, Zeno erased the entire timeline, which includes the otherworld.

It wouldn't make sense if Zeno only erased Universe 7. Why would Trunks need to travel to a new timeline, then? He could just go spend the rest of his mortal life on one of the other 11 future universes.
but if zeno erased the whole timeline then how could goku&trunks still be able to travel to that timeline(to bring future zeno)? If it's disappear then it shouldn't exist anymore and how can you go to the place that doesn't exist?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:00 am

oozaru goku wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:

but if zeno erased the whole timeline then how could goku&trunks still be able to travel to that timeline(to bring future zeno)? If it's disappear then it shouldn't exist anymore and how can you go to the place that doesn't exist?
Fine, he technically didn't erase the entire timeline, but he erased all things in that timeline. All that was left in it was an empty and endless void. Yes, the timeline was basically erased.

Again, if only Universe 7 had been erased, why did Trunks go to another timeline entirely? Especially since time travel, as the arc proved, is a grave sin against the Gods and can shatter the very fabric of existence. He could have just gone to one of the other 11 Universes left in the Future timeline to rebuild his life. But he didn't. Because they were all gone.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:25 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:
oozaru goku wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:

Fine, he technically didn't erase the entire timeline, but he erased all things in that timeline. All that was left in it was an empty and endless void. Yes, the timeline was basically erased.

Again, if only Universe 7 had been erased, why did Trunks go to another timeline entirely? Especially since time travel, as the arc proved, is a grave sin against the Gods and can shatter the very fabric of existence. He could have just gone to one of the other 11 Universes left in the Future timeline to rebuild his life. But he didn't. Because they were all gone.
No the timeline was erased. The time ring disappeared which is proof that the timeline was erased. The explanation of why they can go back to the same "space" is what Pilaf said. The time machine is programmed to travel to a specific frequency that corresponds to a specific time and space. Zeno erased the timeline, but he himself still occupied a space so it became a separate dimension. The time machine simply traveled to the last space it occupied based on its settings. If you want to see the references and chapters where this all said, just refer to my timeline thread in my sig.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:57 am

Well Zeno said in this newly-released dub episode 'All of existence, go away!', So it is clear now that the ENTIRE Future timeline was erased from existence. Not just the Future Universe 7 like some stubbornly believed.

And he did the right thing. Zamasu merged with the very fabric of the cosmos. Zamasu became the Multiverse. There was no other way to defeat him. And there was the very high risk that Zamasu would start to invade other timelines as well. Since he was basically a mindless and twisted entity at that point and only desired to destroy.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:23 am

Utilising the Super Dragon Balls from another timeline to restore things back to the way they were sounds like the best option. If they're looking for a new genesis then dispatching some Kaioshin in order to help generate a new universe with planets and the first seeds of life might work. Whoever is overseeing the latter strategy will essentially be the de-facto leader of the multiverse in that timeline. It doesn't sound like a bad opportunity for those who are interested in obtaining power and starting a new empire.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:47 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:
oozaru goku wrote:

No the timeline was erased. The time ring disappeared which is proof that the timeline was erased. The explanation of why they can go back to the same "space" is what Pilaf said. The time machine is programmed to travel to a specific frequency that corresponds to a specific time and space. Zeno erased the timeline, but he himself still occupied a space so it became a separate dimension. The time machine simply traveled to the last space it occupied based on its settings. If you want to see the references and chapters where this all said, just refer to my timeline thread in my sig.
The timeline and Time Ring were only erased in the manga, in the anime, the timeline still exists, destroyed, but still existing.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:30 pm

I don’t think all Gods were dead in Future Trunks’s Timeline

Just the ones within Black & Future Zamasu’s Teach

So mainly just By killing the 12 Supreme Kais, they got rid of the Destroyers & Angels but the only Major Gods that should’ve been left were Future Timeline Zeno (and his body guards) & Grand Priest and maybe the 4 beings near Grand Priest’s Strength

I don’t know about Future Zalama unless destroying The Future Super Balls killed him through some Life Link to the Them.

So maybe Future Trunks’s Timeline could have been restored by Future Zeno but considering he was disgusted on how much Future Zamasu messed up the Future Multiverse. He probably would have started fresh if he was left in his Timeline and was bored with the emptiness