Dragon Ball Super weekday reruns starting July 2nd on Adult Swim

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball Super weekday reruns starting July 2nd on Adult Swim

Post by wjbraden » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:14 pm

Dragon Ball Super reruns are back. Starting Monday, July 2nd at 8 PM, you can catch every episode of Dragon Ball Super starting at Episode 1 (replacing King of the Hill). This marks the first time in about 10 years Adult Swim has run anime in a daily slot. New episodes of Dragon Ball Super will continue to play at 10:30 PM on Saturdays during Toonami. This news was confirmed by Adult Swim PR earlier today/
http://toonamifaithful.com/dragon-ball- ... g-july-2nd

Awesome news, hope they bring more anime to weekdays someday.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super weekday reruns starting July 2nd on Adult Swim

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:43 pm

This is super special fucking AWESOME! OmegaRockman, Mecha3000! OUR WISH CAME TRUE!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:03 am

I really wish they would've used that slot to instead air to 2 episodes a week as getting through the 55 episode tournament of power weekly is going to be just as boring if not worse than it was the 1st time around.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:14 am

sintzu wrote:I really wish they would've used that slot to instead air to 2 episodes a week as getting through the 55 episode tournament of power weekly is going to be just as boring if not worse than it was the 1st time around.
I do think that the arc is set up for binging but I don't think it'll be boring by any means watching weekly we still have all the new character voices and various moments to look forward too and hearing the likes of dubbed #17,18, Gohan etc finally stretch themselves out.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:26 am

Well, if the movie is coming close to the Japanese release in the USA too then Funimation should hurry up and try to air the remaining episodes before December.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:41 am

emperior wrote:Well, if the movie is coming close to the Japanese release in the USA too then Funimation should hurry up and try to air the remaining episodes before December.
They'll want to have episodes for as long as possible to avoid running out of new ones before Super starts back up in Japan (which will hopefully be sooner than later).

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:46 am

sintzu wrote:I really wish they would've used that slot to instead air to 2 episodes a week as getting through the 55 episode tournament of power weekly is going to be just as boring if not worse than it was the 1st time around.
This is a weekday slot, not a weekend slot. They're not going to burn off all the remaining episodes on weekdays like the old days.
emperior wrote:Well, if the movie is coming close to the Japanese release in the USA too then Funimation should hurry up and try to air the remaining episodes before December.
That would require dubbing to be ramped up and rushed. We know the dub isn't much further ahead of the TV airings because Toonami was recently having issues with making the weekly episode promos, since Funimation wasn't sending them the episodes until only a few days prior to broadcast. They may not even have the resources to dub more than one episode a week since they're busy with at least a dozen simuldubs at any given time.

Besides, Funimation being behind in the Super dub doesn't mean anything in regards to the US release of the upcoming movie. I'll point towards their One Piece movie dubs, which, while they're done within two years of the Japanese release, the dub of the TV show is much further behind (ex. they dubbed Film Z back in 2014, while they won't get to the tie-in TV episodes until next year!).
I also go by "veemonjosh".

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:09 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:This is super special fucking AWESOME! OmegaRockman, Mecha3000! OUR WISH CAME TRUE!
Yeah, this is pretty amazing! All I need now is for Kai: The Final Chapters to air on a kids' network so I can record edited episodes, haha.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:17 pm

...well, had you lived in Africa you could have recorded the edited Super episodes...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:24 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:This is super special fucking AWESOME! OmegaRockman, Mecha3000! OUR WISH CAME TRUE!
I've been out of the loop for a while so I apologize Cure, but FUCK YEAH!!! Part of the reason why I decided to stop watching Super was because it was only airing once a week on Saturdays in an age where people can easily binge watch episodes online (which was ridiculous). However, now that it will be airing SIX DAYS A WEEK - It encourages me to start checking it out on TV again more. I've also missed a good amount of the Future Trunks arc dubbed so I'll be able to catch up on TV since the home releases take a while to come out. Guess the ratings have been doing good.

Man, this is bringing me back to when Kai first started airing on Nicktoons and came on multiple times a week while I was also getting the home releases back when I was 13 in 2010 so I'm getting kind of nostalgic. Now, I can have the same experience with Super! And with future DB games coming out, the movie, and now the weekday airings being able to coincide with all that like the old days - I'm actually kind of feeling 13 again a little bit. I mean, imagine just tuning in a random Wednesday during the holidays to see a Future Trunks episode OR the Saiyaman episodes. It's POSSIBLE now that we're getting weekday airings. Hopefully, they keep the opening/endings for added nostalgia effect for me and possible younger viewers.

Also, I don't know if things still work the same way as when I was younger, but watching Z on Cartoon Network or Kai on Nicktoons was always such a joy as a kid/teen. I hope there's at least a small percentage of kids/teens who aren't on their phones/tablets/etc. who are able to cherish that they will now be able to get the same experience we got with Dragon Ball. This also opens the door for certain weeks to possibly have MORE THAN ONE new episode a week. Imagine when we get to the Tournament of Power Arc and Adult Swim is like, "Here goes TWO NEW EPISODES for the entire month! One on Friday, one on Saturday!!!" So hyped for that possibility. Another thing, kinda unique for Super to air on regular Adult Swim instead of Toonami like when it first aired. Now, how long before My Hero Academia possibly takes the 8:30 slot? As for King of the Hill, it's about time. As much as I love the show, it's been airing RERUNS ONLY on Adult Swim for years now (ever since I was in middle school even back in '09/10, so it's been almost a decade). Now, I'm an adult so it's time for it to leave. Besides, in my opinion - Bob's Burgers is the new King of the Hill on Adult Swim.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:25 am

WOW, I’m very surprised this is happening! Think about all the children who will be able to experience Dragon ball for the first time! We need more children in the fandom, like how I came into the fandom though DB Kai. I remember when this was a little twinkle in the eye Bach when AS was first announced to broadcast Super. It would be better to have it on an actual Kids Channel, but this works too.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:48 pm

Sooooooooooooo... did anyone check out the reruns?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:56 pm

BIG NEWS EVERYONE! Dragon Ball Super gets a FULL HOUR of reruns each weekday on September 10th!

https://twitter.com/CNschedules/status/ ... 9897821184

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:57 pm

I didn't think it was boring in the first place so I don't see why it would be much more boring if any.
simtek34 wrote:WOW, I’m very surprised this is happening! Think about all the children who will be able to experience Dragon ball for the first time! We need more children in the fandom, like how I came into the fandom though DB Kai. I remember when this was a little twinkle in the eye Bach when AS was first announced to broadcast Super. It would be better to have it on an actual Kids Channel, but this works too.
But the kids watching will be horrendously confused without watching the 300+ episodes that came prior to Super though!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:34 pm

PFM18 wrote:I didn't think it was boring in the first place so I don't see why it would be much more boring if any.
Whenever I'm interested in an ongoing anime I wait until there's a full arc out so I can watch it in a few days as waiting weekly for one episode of anything isn't something that works for me. DB was the exception cause it was DB and I couldn't wait for an arc to finish but it was still :yawn: