Kale ranked stronger than 18

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Kale ranked stronger than 18

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:48 am

https://www.cbr.com/most-powerful-women ... me-ranked/

Wow, she beat out 18? I didn't think she was that popular. :?

But that said, I think 18 and Kale should have a fight, see what happens.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Kale ranked stronger than 18

Post by DestructoDisc » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:04 am

Well the article isn't wrong about this. Kale was fighting SSJB Goku and later on a tired SSJG Goku right? I don't think 18 has a chance against someone like that, and I won't even mention manga Kale who's even stronger than anime Kale.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:39 am

I think this list goes to show just how overpowered Dragon Ball is compared to most anime. 18 was only ever mid-tier in the show, overshadowed by all the Super Saiyans but she still comes in at number 5. Then we actually get female Super Saiyans (who are also roughly mid-tier by the time they're introduced) and they shoot up to number 3.

I'm more balking at some of the others on this list. I haven't seen enough of these shows to compare but I'd have thought Tatsumaki from One Punch Man could come in at least the top 8, she's meant to be crazy strong. Also, Ururaka being the My Hero Academia representative seemed weird to me because despite being the main girl, she's not that impressive. But then I thought about it and none of the major girls in that show are all that strong compared to the guys. They've all got gimmicky powers, outside of the pros there's nobody as flat out powerful as Midoriya, Bakugo, Todoroki or even Iida.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:53 pm

Kale can hang with a SSj God (exhausted though he was), while I don't think 18 could give SSj2 Goku a fight.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:11 pm

Ridiculous list as the Lord of Nightmares or any of the Tenchiverse goddesses aren't on it...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:16 pm

Ofcourse she is. 18 is only between Android Saga SSJ 1 and Vegeta’s SSJ Grade 2 form. Kale is around SSG Tier on her own.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:56 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:Ofcourse she is. 18 is only between Android Saga SSJ 1 and Vegeta’s SSJ Grade 2 form. Kale is around SSG Tier on her own.
In the manga yes, but in the anime 18 is much stronger than that. You're right about Kale though.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Ridiculous list as the Lord of Nightmares or any of the Tenchiverse goddesses aren't on it...
Or KamiTenchi.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:01 pm

That list clearly isn't accurate, but Kale is stronger than 18 by a lot. 17 is probably stronger than Kale, at least in the anime, but not 18 who would be lucky to be stronger than Cell.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:31 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Ridiculous list as the Lord of Nightmares or any of the Tenchiverse goddesses aren't on it...
Or KamiTenchi.
It's a list of females...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:11 am

dragon boss z wrote:That list clearly isn't accurate, but Kale is stronger than 18 by a lot. 17 is probably stronger than Kale, at least in the anime, but not 18 who would be lucky to be stronger than Cell.
She is stronger than Cell. C'mon now, stop downplaying 18. She fought and beat enemies that did good against base Goku, who's way, way, way, WAY stronger than Cell now.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:43 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
Or KamiTenchi.
It's a list of females...
Well, KamiTenchi is beyond the Chousin in that form, so who's to say that KamiTenchi is strictly male at that level?

(yes, a stretch)

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:52 pm

DestructoDisc wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:That list clearly isn't accurate, but Kale is stronger than 18 by a lot. 17 is probably stronger than Kale, at least in the anime, but not 18 who would be lucky to be stronger than Cell.
She is stronger than Cell. C'mon now, stop downplaying 18. She fought and beat enemies that did good against base Goku, who's way, way, way, WAY stronger than Cell now.
Krillin made Goku go ssj and fought enemies 18 was fighting. Is he stronger than super perfect Cell as well? Super does not care about scaling, power comes from plot. Buu was considered the 3rd strongest Z fighter before Gohan got his power back and 17 showing up. So if 18 is still below good Buu then she can't be much above super perfect Cell if she is at all. In the manga she was taken out like fodder. Anything special you think she did in the anime was mostly just Toei embellishing her power. Buff Roshi also fought base Goku, is he above super perfect Cell? Sometimes we just need to decide when it's just Toei being Toei.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:01 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
DestructoDisc wrote:
Krillin made Goku go ssj and fought enemies 18 was fighting. Is he stronger than super perfect Cell as well? Super does not care about scaling, power comes from plot. Buu was considered the 3rd strongest Z fighter before Gohan got his power back and 17 showing up. So if 18 is still below good Buu then she can't be much above super perfect Cell if she is at all. In the manga she was taken out like fodder. Anything special you think she did in the anime was mostly just Toei embellishing her power. Buff Roshi also fought base Goku, is he above super perfect Cell? Sometimes we just need to decide when it's just Toei being Toei.
Well said.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:03 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
DestructoDisc wrote:
Well with Krillin and Roshi it was confirmed by the producers that they're still weaker than Goten and Trunks in a recent interview. Nothing was said about 18 or Piccolo or anyone else. Also Krillin and Roshi only had one showing like that. 18 constantly got good showings after Krillin got eliminated. It's possible that she and Piccolo were only below Good Buu in the U6 tournament and after that they became stronger. The manga does many things differently and I don't think it should be brought up while talking about the anime.

"Because the plot demanded it" is not a good argument.

Zen Yabuki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zen Yabuki » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:23 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
DestructoDisc wrote:
Kuririn making Goku, a guy known to sandbag like crazy doesn't say much when Kuririn was competing with SSB Goku in a Kamehameha struggle for a little bit. Base Goku was equal to post-training Base Gohan. A rusty base Gohan was superior to Kuririn in episode 84 and Kuririn had to resort to blinding and outwitting Gohan to win. He couldn't take Gohan straight up even when Gohan let his guard down. What Kuririn did against Goku is impressive, but Goku is one of the worst characters if not the worst to compare other characters with unless you know how much effort he's specifically putting out.

Same applies to 18. We don't know how serious Goku was to where a comparison can accurately be made with 18. All of this is means to backup what you're saying. It is just Toei being Toei.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:03 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Well with Krillin and Roshi it was confirmed by the producers that they're still weaker than Goten and Trunks in a recent interview. Nothing was said about 18 or Piccolo or anyone else. Also Krillin and Roshi only had one showing like that. 18 constantly got good showings after Krillin got eliminated. It's possible that she and Piccolo were only below Good Buu in the U6 tournament and after that they became stronger. The manga does many things differently and I don't think it should be brought up while talking about the anime.

"Because the plot demanded it" is not a good argument.
It wasn't stated that 18 and Piccolo are weaker than Goten and Trunks because they aren't. Imo Goten and Trunks were never strong to begin with and were only ever namek saga tier, so the humans should be the only ones below them imo.
18 got good showings because she is strong. Just because this is DBS doesn't mean every enemy is above Buu tier. Imo almost everyone in the TOP was weaker than Buu and a good a mount were weaker than namek Frieza as well.

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Kale is not as strong as ssg goku. She peaks at ss3 with the potential to easily beat ss1 vegito in buu saga.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:10 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote:https://www.cbr.com/most-powerful-women ... me-ranked/

Wow, she beat out 18? I didn't think she was that popular. :?

But that said, I think 18 and Kale should have a fight, see what happens.
well her being stronger is obvious seeing as she was fighting god opponents in the TOP while 18 was fighting ribrianne and other trash