Does Vegeta care more about Cabbe than he does Trunks and Bra?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Re: Does Vegeta care more about Cabbe than he does Trunks and Bra?

Post by Analytic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:Still, if I didn't understand, you obviously weren't specific enough :roll:
Given the context of the thread (a thread about DBS with no mention of the Boo arc whatsoever), it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Nobody else in this thread seemed to have the same issue as you, so I'd argue that it's not unclear at all.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:That's just how I normally talk and word my sentences, and I'll tell you the same thing I tell everyone I know: if you can't get used to it, it's not my problem. Not everyone is a kind sweetheart. And if you think THAT is aggressive, you clearly still have a lot of shit to see. There's plenty of ways to say what I wrote in a calm manner, don't pretend that you can see my emotions from a monitor. You don't have Baba's crystal ball :lol:
Not everyone is a kind sweetheart, but that doesn't mean you should act like a pompous ass for no reason. Nobody wants to debate someone who acts like a child.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:You'd undrerstand if you payed attention to the show you were watching. What part of promise is not clear? He wasn't able to carry it out, so he apologized to Cabba. He apologized to Bulma because her life was at risk. He apologized to Goku because he left him alone. If you didn't just skim though it, you wouldn't need to ask questions that answer themselves.
...I never said or suggested his promise wasn't clear. I get Vegeta's promise, and I get why Cabbe would be included in his apology. I'm not (and never did) question Cabbe's inclusion in Vegeta's apology, but the lack of Trunks and Bra in his apology. Do you even read my posts? Because I literally said this in the post you quoted:
Analytic wrote:I'm not trying to suggest he can't mention Cabbe in his last words, or that him mention Cabbe is the reason I think he cares more about him than his kids, just the fact that he only mentions Cabbe, Blooma, and Goku in his apology before being knocked off.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:If you actually bothered to watch the show you're talking about instead of skimming through it, you wouldn't have made such a question that makes people think you might be dumb (which I never said btw, the way you put it is quite an exaggertion compared to my posts, in which you can't find a single insult )
I mean, nothing I've seen so far has actually convinced me that he cares more about his kids than Cabbe, so I don't think watching instead of skimming the show would've made any difference. He references his kids a few time, but his focus seems to be more on Cabbe and Blooma. I'm sure he cares about Trunks and Bra, just not as much as Cabbe.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:No I not, I'm just being my normal self.

No, that's called my personality, being on the internet sure as hell ain't gonna sugar coat it (btw, never directly insulted you, so you' re wrong about another thing)
Then your normal self is condescending... :? Saying that being condescending and aggressive is "your personality" doesn't change the fact that you are being condescending and aggressive. This conversation is just a waste of time. I'm not sure if you're missing the point I'm trying to make or just refuse to actually read my posts, but either way you clearly don't seem capable of holding a mature conversation. Maybe try growing up a bit and then coming back.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:43 pm

Analytic wrote:I've only skimmed through most episodes of the last arc, but from what I've seen the only thing ever pushing Vegeta to win is reviving Cabbe. Keeping his promise to Cabbe is what makes him break his limits, and when he gets knocked off the ring he only apologizes to Blooma, Cabbe, and Kakarotto... I'm not sure if he mentions either one of his kids's names once during the Tournament of Power. Does he even care about Trunks and Bra at all?
I was so disappointed when that happened , just a few days after bra birth. I wanna blame in Toei and hope that doesn’t happen in the manga .
To start with , vegeta shouldn’t care or externalize his feelings that much about anybody, if so just his wife and children.
. Other than that doesn’t fit him at all .
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:58 pm

prince212 wrote:
Analytic wrote:I've only skimmed through most episodes of the last arc, but from what I've seen the only thing ever pushing Vegeta to win is reviving Cabbe. Keeping his promise to Cabbe is what makes him break his limits, and when he gets knocked off the ring he only apologizes to Blooma, Cabbe, and Kakarotto... I'm not sure if he mentions either one of his kids's names once during the Tournament of Power. Does he even care about Trunks and Bra at all?
I was so disappointed when that happened , just a few days after bra birth. I wanna blame in Toei and hope that doesn’t happen in the manga .
To start with , vegeta shouldn’t care or externalize his feelings that much about anybody, if so just his wife and children.
......yeah he mentions Bra and Trunks before he powers up against Toppo and gets the most major victory in the entire character's history. I don't know what you would possibly blame Toei for here. He doesn't externalize anything either, he is just thinking to himself in the 2nd scene and he just says something under his breath in the first scene, it certainly does fit the character.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:07 pm

PFM18 wrote:
prince212 wrote:
......yeah he mentions Bra and Trunks before he powers up against Toppo and gets the most major victory in the entire character's history. I don't know what you would possibly blame Toei for here. He doesn't externalize anything either, he is just thinking to himself in the 2nd scene and he just says something under his breath in the first scene, it certainly does fit the character.
Nah ... the first time vegeta only mentioned cabba , that really pissed me , chapters later .. yes he mentioned his family but the damage was done . I.m.o that didn’t fit his character at all .

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Analytic wrote: Given the context of the thread (a thread about DBS with no mention of the Boo arc whatsoever), it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Nobody else in this thread seemed to have the same issue as you, so I'd argue that it's not unclear at all.
You talked about last words. Last words are said before death. He talked about Bulma before he died in the Buu arc. You just talked about him saying Bulma's name in his last words without specifying what you actually meant, so you were unclear.
Analytics wrote:Not everyone is a kind sweetheart, but that doesn't mean you should act like a pompous ass for no reason. Nobody wants to debate someone who acts like a child.
I'm not obligated to act as you please, if I see something that goes completely against the rules of logic, I correct that shit, harsh or not, I don't care.
Analytics wrote:...I never said or suggested his promise wasn't clear. I get Vegeta's promise, and I get why Cabbe would be included in his apology. I'm not (and never did) question Cabbe's inclusion in Vegeta's apology, but the lack of Trunks and Bra in his apology. Do you even read my posts? Because I literally said this in the post you quoted:
And what's the problem in that? There's no doubt he cares about them, they appeared in all of his flashbacks that you probably didn't watch, he proved his love towards them countless times, one of which was in his powerup against Toppo (that you probabky didn't watch), do you really think a new guy he just met is going to be higher in his care scale than HIS OWN KIDS? The only reason he apologized to him is because he made a promise, he wouldn't have done so without it. In his apology to Bulma, couldn't that have been a ''I'm sorry for not being able to save our kids''? Just try to read in between the lines, it's pretty clear that this is one of the possible interpretations.
Analytic wrote:I'm not trying to suggest he can't mention Cabbe in his last words, or that him mention Cabbe is the reason I think he cares more about him than his kids, just the fact that he only mentions Cabbe, Blooma, and Goku in his apology before being knocked off.
You clearly state in the next line of your post that you think nothing has convinced you that he cares more about his kids than the guy he just met (sounds so ridiculous just writing it):
Analytic wrote: I mean, nothing I've seen so far has actually convinced me that he cares more about his kids than Cabbe. I'm sure he cares about Trunks and Bra, just not as much as Cabbe.
He doesn't need to mention his kids everytime just to remind the audience that he loves them, it's a given fucking fact, with all of the moments throughout Super that have shown him as a new reformed family man, on top of the flashbacks you clearly didn't see. The writing crew probably thinks the audience has enough brain cells to understand such a simple concept such as the man loves his kids, and the thought that anyone could think that Cabba is more important for Vegeta is something nobody anticipated because it's completely illogical
Analytics wrote: I mean, nothing I've seen so far has actually convinced me that he cares more about his kids than Cabbe, so I don't think watching instead of skimming the show would've made any difference. He references his kids a few time, but his focus seems to be more on Cabbe and Blooma. I'm sure he cares about Trunks and Bra, just not as much as Cabbe.
Then you're just choosing to be ignorant, there's no other explanation. Just saying that a man could love a guy he met 2 times more than his own kids is just absurd,apparently Toei needs to tailor the show after new born babies just so that everyone can understand what's going on.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Then your normal self is condescending... :? Saying that being condescending and aggressive is "your personality" doesn't change the fact that you are being condescending and aggressive. This conversation is just a waste of time. I'm not sure if you're missing the point I'm trying to make or just refuse to actually read my posts, but either way you clearly don't seem capable of holding a mature conversation. Maybe try growing up a bit and then coming back.
The dude who tells me to grow up is the same one who struggles to understand that no man alive can love someone more than hid kids. Nice. How about you watch the show instead of making up shit because you saw a couple of scenes where he mentions his promise to Cabba? Would you need Vegeta to shout ''Hey audience! I love my kids in case that wasn't a given already!'' every damn line? Cabbe was only relevant in this arc because Vegeta made a promise, that's IT. When he thinks about Bulma, he thinks about his whole family, do you need to be spoonfed information! The flashbacks weren't enough? The scenes with Trunks in both Z and Super weren't enough? The scenes with Bra and overprotective Vegeta weren't enough? Does the show need to constantly remind you of something most people are already familiar with?
Get Fucked, C_unt

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:34 pm

PFM18 wrote:
prince212 wrote:
The reason he only mentioned Cabba the first time was because Universe 7's chances seemed extremely good at the time, he wasn't concerned for Bulma, Trunks etc's life, but rather he was concerned about being the sole victor and getting his wish and fulfilling his promise to dead friend. When things were looking more dire after Toppo powered up and Gohan was eliminated and Freeza was down for the count, so he was concerned for his family's survival. It certainly fit the character to me especially since Cabba was a Saiyan.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:49 pm

PFM18 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
prince212 wrote: I was so disappointed when that happened , just a few days after bra birth. I wanna blame in Toei and hope that doesn’t happen in the manga .
The reason he only mentioned Cabba the first time was because Universe 7's chances seemed extremely good at the time, he wasn't concerned for Bulma, Trunks etc's life, but rather he was concerned about being the sole victor and getting his wish and fulfilling his promise to dead friend. When things were looking more dire after Toppo powered up and Gohan was eliminated and Freeza was down for the count, so he was concerned for his family's survival. It certainly fit the character to me especially since Cabba was a Saiyan.
I appreciate you trying to explain your point . But that’s not gonna change how I felt when I saw that chapter .
With Jiren around u7 chances never seemed extremely good .. the problem to me was the moment and consequences not the thought of cabba being dead .
But it’s ok , Its just my opinion , I won’t look for excuses to think it fits vegetas character , because first impression is important and that really made me upset with Toei or Toriyama or whoever came up with that idea of cabba being the reason of vegeta powerup

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:59 pm

prince212 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
I appreciate you trying to explain your point . But that’s not gonna change how I felt when I saw that chapter .
With Jiren around u7 chances never seemed extremely good .. the problem to me was the moment and consequences not the thought of cabba being dead .
But it’s ok , Its just my opinion , I won’t look for excuses to think it fits vegetas character , because first impression is important and that really made me upset with Toei or Toriyama or whoever came up with that idea of cabba being the reason of vegeta powerup
There were a few minutes left and it appeared that they were going to win with a time out and more characters in the ring. No excuses involved whatsoever, I am just explaining my interpretation of the events. I mean I realize that is just your opinion and I have mine but that's essentially what all of this is about; sharing opinions.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:34 am

Cabbe is a pure Saiyan and Trunks and Bura are half-breeds. Vegeta understands this but would rather train more with a pure Saiyan than a half-breed. He obviously doesn't care more about Trunks and Bura because they are his children.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:50 pm

PFM18 wrote:
prince212 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
There were a few minutes left and it appeared that they were going to win with a time out and more characters in the ring. No excuses involved whatsoever, I am just explaining my interpretation of the events. I mean I realize that is just your opinion and I have mine but that's essentially what all of this is about; sharing opinions.
Nothing ever suggested that a time-out would happen. When you have entire episodes that only take 30 seconds, it's pretty reasonable that Jiren could knock everyone out before the end of the tournament. Besides, no one mentions the possibility of a time-out victory, and Belmod is equally as smug at that point in the story.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Bergamo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
prince212 wrote: I appreciate you trying to explain your point . But that’s not gonna change how I felt when I saw that chapter .
Nothing ever suggested that a time-out would happen. When you have entire episodes that only take 30 seconds, it's pretty reasonable that Jiren could knock everyone out before the end of the tournament. Besides, no one mentions the possibility of a time-out victory, and Belmod is equally as smug at that point in the story.
The possibility of a time-out victory is mentioned multiple times. The fact that Universe 7 has the most fighters and winning by time is mentioned several times throughout the tournament. 17 was literally counting on winning by a time out by stalling Toppo and winning by having the most fighters. Jiren could have knocked out everyone instantly at the beginning of the tournament but didn't do it. The fact that it is possible doesn't say much since he could have knocked out everyone at any time. Instead he chills there meditating in silence. Jiren could have overcome them during this time, sure, but given the way things had been going it didn't seem likely and Vegeta didn't seem concerned about his Universe's chances.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:42 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
The possibility of a time-out victory is mentioned multiple times. The fact that Universe 7 has the most fighters and winning by time is mentioned several times throughout the tournament. 17 was literally counting on winning by a time out by stalling Toppo and winning by having the most fighters. Jiren could have knocked out everyone instantly at the beginning of the tournament but didn't do it. The fact that it is possible doesn't say much since he could have knocked out everyone at any time. Instead he chills there meditating in silence. Jiren could have overcome them during this time, sure, but given the way things had been going it didn't seem likely and Vegeta didn't seem concerned about his Universe's chances.
I did forget about 17, but it still isn't shown that Jiren poses almost no threat. The tournament at that point could honestly have gone either way, but it's not like Universe 7 looked to be the frontrunners.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Bergamo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Bergamo wrote: Nothing ever suggested that a time-out would happen. When you have entire episodes that only take 30 seconds, it's pretty reasonable that Jiren could knock everyone out before the end of the tournament. Besides, no one mentions the possibility of a time-out victory, and Belmod is equally as smug at that point in the story.
I did forget about 17, but it still isn't shown that Jiren poses almost no threat. The tournament at that point could honestly have gone either way, but it's not like Universe 7 looked to be the frontrunners.
Champa said earlier in the tournament that Universe 7 could win in a time out with the most fighters, Our Kaioshin and Beerus mentioned it multiple times, and that was Android 17's entire plan, He wanted to win in a time out with the most fighters. Now, sure I wasn't saying Jiren posed almost no threat, I am just saying that from Vegeta's point of view, he was more concerned about him being the MVP of Universe 7, than he was about Universe 7 winning as a whole. Looking at this scene in it's totality, Vegeta seemed pretty confident his Universe was going to win.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:56 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Analytic wrote: Given the context of the thread (a thread about DBS with no mention of the Boo arc whatsoever), it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Nobody else in this thread seemed to have the same issue as you, so I'd argue that it's not unclear at all.
You talked about last words. Last words are said before death. He talked about Bulma before he died in the Buu arc. You just talked about him saying Bulma's name in his last words without specifying what you actually meant, so you were unclear.
Analytics wrote:Not everyone is a kind sweetheart, but that doesn't mean you should act like a pompous ass for no reason. Nobody wants to debate someone who acts like a child.
I'm not obligated to act as you please, if I see something that goes completely against the rules of logic, I correct that shit, harsh or not, I don't care.
Analytics wrote:...I never said or suggested his promise wasn't clear. I get Vegeta's promise, and I get why Cabbe would be included in his apology. I'm not (and never did) question Cabbe's inclusion in Vegeta's apology, but the lack of Trunks and Bra in his apology. Do you even read my posts? Because I literally said this in the post you quoted:
And what's the problem in that? There's no doubt he cares about them, they appeared in all of his flashbacks that you probably didn't watch, he proved his love towards them countless times, one of which was in his powerup against Toppo (that you probabky didn't watch), do you really think a new guy he just met is going to be higher in his care scale than HIS OWN KIDS? The only reason he apologized to him is because he made a promise, he wouldn't have done so without it. In his apology to Bulma, couldn't that have been a ''I'm sorry for not being able to save our kids''? Just try to read in between the lines, it's pretty clear that this is one of the possible interpretations.
You clearly state in the next line of your post that you think nothing has convinced you that he cares more about his kids than the guy he just met (sounds so ridiculous just writing it):
Analytic wrote: I mean, nothing I've seen so far has actually convinced me that he cares more about his kids than Cabbe. I'm sure he cares about Trunks and Bra, just not as much as Cabbe.
He doesn't need to mention his kids everytime just to remind the audience that he loves them, it's a given fucking fact, with all of the moments throughout Super that have shown him as a new reformed family man, on top of the flashbacks you clearly didn't see. The writing crew probably thinks the audience has enough brain cells to understand such a simple concept such as the man loves his kids, and the thought that anyone could think that Cabba is more important for Vegeta is something nobody anticipated because it's completely illogical
Analytics wrote: I mean, nothing I've seen so far has actually convinced me that he cares more about his kids than Cabbe, so I don't think watching instead of skimming the show would've made any difference. He references his kids a few time, but his focus seems to be more on Cabbe and Blooma. I'm sure he cares about Trunks and Bra, just not as much as Cabbe.
Then you're just choosing to be ignorant, there's no other explanation. Just saying that a man could love a guy he met 2 times more than his own kids is just absurd,apparently Toei needs to tailor the show after new born babies just so that everyone can understand what's going on.
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Then your normal self is condescending... :? Saying that being condescending and aggressive is "your personality" doesn't change the fact that you are being condescending and aggressive. This conversation is just a waste of time. I'm not sure if you're missing the point I'm trying to make or just refuse to actually read my posts, but either way you clearly don't seem capable of holding a mature conversation. Maybe try growing up a bit and then coming back.
The dude who tells me to grow up is the same one who struggles to understand that no man alive can love someone more than hid kids. Nice. How about you watch the show instead of making up shit because you saw a couple of scenes where he mentions his promise to Cabba? Would you need Vegeta to shout ''Hey audience! I love my kids in case that wasn't a given already!'' every damn line? Cabbe was only relevant in this arc because Vegeta made a promise, that's IT. When he thinks about Bulma, he thinks about his whole family, do you need to be spoonfed information! The flashbacks weren't enough? The scenes with Trunks in both Z and Super weren't enough? The scenes with Bra and overprotective Vegeta weren't enough? Does the show need to constantly remind you of something most people are already familiar with?

There's a difference between not acting the way someone wants and being unnecessarily disrespectful. Constantly disrespecting other people will cause other people to stop respecting you. If you are being rude and aggressive for no reason and someone dislikes that, they're not the one at fault. If you've made the choice to insult the person you're debating, then the debater (in this case Analytics) could just as easily stop trying to engage in respectful conversation.

Back on topic, I don't think so. Imo Vegeta was confident that U7 would win in some way, ensuring Bulma, Trunks, and Bra are safe, but Cabba being wished back was an uncertainty if Vegeta himself wasn't the winner, which is way Cabba seemed to be his main concern.